Anyone into lofi hip hop/house/jungle?

juicy_ricky

crusader of the glob realmz.....
Reaction score
Awards
This is a vaporwave board...i know this- you know this. But I figured if you were into somewhat fringe music of the lofi variety maybe there would be some overlap. Anyone into lofi hip hop or house? Amiga jungle? Tracker/Chiptune music? Fringe music of all stripes?
Amiga Junglism
SLAV HOUSE MIX
Beatpete/WunTwo/DigitalLuc Session

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
はい、ヒップホップが好きです。クエストと呼ばれる部族はかなり良いです。私はそれらのいくつかのテープを置いています。ジャズラップフュージョンは過小評価されているジャンルだと思います

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Live from the 7th Dimension via satellite
Reaction score
Awards
I'm big into old school jungle, garage and liquid dnb type things. There's been a bit of a resurgence of these styles again, Tim Reaper is really channeling the old jungle vibe well rn. Good to see classic British genres getting some love.

Virtual Cafe Awards

juicy_ricky

Reaction score
Awards
I'm big into old school jungle, garage and liquid dnb type things. There's been a bit of a resurgence of these styles again, Tim Reaper is really channeling the old jungle vibe well rn. Good to see classic British genres getting some love.

That's what I'm talking about!! Love Tim Reaper. UKG is my obsession lately. It's funny - I had a couple UKG tracks in my vinyl collection but I didn't know what I was. I just thought it was really fast house music and played it in my sets like that. I chatting music with a friend and was literally like "Man, someone should make house music but faster with a bigger bassline".....
...."You mean like UK Garage" :D:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

juicy_ricky

Reaction score
Awards
was literally listening to SLAV HOUSE MIX last night. that shit is fucking premium house music
I'm a card carrying house purist - there is a ton of house out there....and most of it sucks. Slav is quality through and through. What a tastemaker. The Katarakt Lofi sessions are really good too. You could basically just download all those playlists and be good for a while on house tracks.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm a card carrying house purist - there is a ton of house out there....and most of it sucks. Slav is quality through and through. What a tastemaker. The Katarakt Lofi sessions are really good too. You could basically just download all those playlists and be good for a while on house tracks.
do you spin professionally ?(given your pfp)

Virtual Cafe Awards

juicy_ricky

Reaction score
Awards
do you spin professionally ?(given your pfp)
Semi-professionally. I played every week/every other week for about 3 years. Covid kind of ruined some things, but slowly getting rolling again. I paid my rent for most of 2019 Djing and collecting human remains for a crematory. No shit. The last six months or so I haven't been doing much. Moved to a different town where I don't know anyone and have spent all my time learning how to code for a job. No real "scene" here. Focusing more on recording mixtapes and trying to get youtube channel with bi-weekly mixes going in the meantime. Will probably end up moving to somewhere with more opportunities to DJ and do music in the near future though.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Reaction score
Awards
Does the tinman have a sheet metal cock?

If his logo didn't look so much like a swastika at a glance I would've got a tattoo of it by now. His music means a lot to me

I understand why you think he is overrated though @Thermite

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Reaction score
Awards
I agree on the basis that he doesn't have a TON of material....but what's out is wicked if that make sense. He's not prolific in the same way as someone like Legowelt.
Legowelts website is awesome. Strong Web 1.0 design

legowelt.org

Virtual Cafe Awards

juicy_ricky

Reaction score
Awards
Does the tinman have a sheet metal cock?

If his logo didn't look so much like a swastika at a glance I would've got a tattoo of it by now. His music means a lot to me

I understand why you think he is overrated though @Thermite
It's music for loners 100%. Anyone that's ever felt that way, lived in a big city, wandered around at night can immediately identify with it. It's haunting and nostalgic in that way.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Reaction score
Awards
It's music for loners 100%. Anyone that's ever felt that way, lived in a big city, wandered around at night can immediately identify with it. It's haunting and nostalgic in that way.
Walked home alone from a Prodigy concert in Nottingham with his 2nd album playing into my slightly blasted ears. Absolutely the intended way to listen

Virtual Cafe Awards