nightmare-board-game.jpg

download.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

vim

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, pogs were a huge fad. I still have a few tubes of them in the garage unless I threw them away when I was cleaning up last year. I also had (or have?) a heavy brass slammer with a hologram, kind of like this one:

pog-pogs-brass-metal-hologram-slammer_1_ad7d64d0c67c09ddb76ca9272ec29314.jpg

But I think mine had a Grateful Dead skull on it.

I don't know how we ever thought that game was fun, tbh.

Not familiar with Nightmare though.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I've been wanting to get into collecting Pogs, it looks really fun. I just don't know where to find any (besides the 'net, of course) I thought of maybe just starting a small collection of the ones I think are cool, not really worrying about their worth or anything lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

Crabbelly

Creator. Destroyer. Demigod.
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, pogs were a huge fad. I still have a few tubes of them in the garage unless I threw them away when I was cleaning up last year. I also had (or have?) a heavy brass slammer with a hologram, kind of like this one:

View attachment 7817

But I think mine had a Grateful Dead skull on it.

I don't know how we ever thought that game was fun, tbh.

Not familiar with Nightmare though.
Nice PepSiDawgwitcan I wish i still had mine. I think it was the fact that they were shiny and looked cool, I can't even remember the object of the game. Just how coveted certain slammers were.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Crabbelly

Reaction score
Awards
I've been wanting to get into collecting Pogs, it looks really fun. I just don't know where to find any (besides the 'net, of course) I thought of maybe just starting a small collection of the ones I think are cool, not really worrying about their worth or anything lol
Yeah I can't think of anywhere to get them now except the internet. The artwork is so good that you could re-purpose them as something else. Grinders etc

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Never heard of pogs, but James Rolfe did a Board James episode on Nightmare. Was pretty good, although I always hate it when games have those cards you're supposed to write on since there's rarely an easy way to get more of them if you want to change things up

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shrug

Hipster Doofus
Reaction score
Awards
Pogs I remember, but not Nightmare. Kids in my neighborhood were more into Hacky Sack and Yugioh Card Tournaments.
Man, I remember having Yugioh tournaments with all the kids on my block. I'm pretty sure we just made up a ton of our own rules. We'd always play outside and would have to run down the street chasing our cards after a big gust of wind, lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Man, I remember having Yugioh tournaments with all the kids on my block. I'm pretty sure we just made up a ton of our own rules. We'd always play outside and would have to run down the street chasing our cards after a big gust of wind, lol.
I'd always get into arguments with my friend over the rules and which version we should play. I wanted to play using battle city rules and he wanted duelist kingdom rules, which I hated because you just make up shit with that ruleset and it's complete chaos. Also he had special prints of the Egyptian Gods (this was before they were released as actual cards, which meant in-game they were used as per their anime effects which were insane), so if he played one of those it was usually game over and Duelist Kingdom rules meant he could just slap it down almost as soon as he drew it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Crabbelly

Reaction score
Awards
Never heard of pogs, but James Rolfe did a Board James episode on Nightmare. Was pretty good, although I always hate it when games have those cards you're supposed to write on since there's rarely an easy way to get more of them if you want to change things up
All I remember about Nightmare was how scary the guy was.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Crabbelly

Reaction score
Awards
I was never into Yugioh, more Pokemon. My brother was though, he's still got his cards.

Virtual Cafe Awards