What's new

Are we not gonna talk about the dark parts of vaporwave like very extreme christwave,fashwave and WorldCorp Enterprises? (PIC UNRELATED)

Memoryhead

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
Bit rude, and also I gotta say that I'm a little bit disappointed, this seemed like what could have become a fruitful and interesting conversation, but whatever.

Also it's interesting how you decided to bring the term communism in when I was talking about leftist politics more broadly, bit ironic given how this whole discussion started from the inaccurate usage of fascism, but I guess only one of these labels is acceptable to use to discredit those who disagree with you.

be honest with yourself, no fruitful conversation was ever going to come from this and I think you know that. you support what you support, I support what I support. I will never, ever, under any circumstance, be able to sympathize with your ideology, nor you with mine

Communism IS leftist politics. I don't think you'll find an analysis anywhere that describes communism as anything but left wing.

there's nothing "ironic" about the discussion, this would only apply if we were comparing 2 like/similar things, and we aren't. it is acceptable to use communism to discredit others because it is morally, ethially, and economically reprehensible. misuse of the term fascism, has nothing at all to do with the correct usage of the term communism.

it's got nothing to do with me disagreeing or not, this would be the case whether I was even born or not. if I didn't exist at all, this would still be the case.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Memoryhead

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
Everyone.Stop arguing,we dont need to bring politics into our music genre.We are the music of peace and understanding not a bunch of morons arguing over politics.lets not fight over some 12 yo making a subgenre of politics

Do you know what art is? how it typically functions. art is born of the human mind, the human mind itself, politics itself is a societal embodiment of the human mind.

pretending music cant have a political component is extremely anti-humanist, and anti-art in general.

get woke, please, it's 2021

Virtual Cafe Awards

MANMANPLEASE

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
Do you know what art is? how it typically functions. art is born of the human mind, the human mind itself, politics itself is a societal embodiment of the human mind.

pretending music cant have a political component is extremely anti-humanist, and anti-art in general.

get woke, please, it's 2021
politics is art but not the art as vaporwave,stop looking excuses for arguments

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
be honest with yourself, no fruitful conversation was ever going to come from this and I think you know that. you support what you support, I support what I support. I will never, ever, under any circumstance, be able to sympathize with your ideology, nor you with mine

Communism IS leftist politics. I don't think you'll find an analysis anywhere that describes communism as anything but left wing.

there's nothing "ironic" about the discussion, this would only apply if we were comparing 2 like/similar things, and we aren't. it is acceptable to use communism to discredit others because it is morally, ethially, and economically reprehensible. misuse of the term fascism, has nothing at all to do with the correct usage of the term communism.

it's got nothing to do with me disagreeing or not, this would be the case whether I was even born or not. if I didn't exist at all, this would still be the case.
If there was never gonna be a fruitful conversation then why even respond at all? Honestly this is just disappointing man. I can't you actually said that. This is just embarrassing smh DKFail

Virtual Cafe Awards

MANMANPLEASE

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
If there was never gonna be a fruitful conversation then why even respond at all? Honestly this is just disappointing man. I can't you actually said that. This is just embarrassing smh DKFail
They are so smart they have the bring politics into everything cause they are bigbrain and we are filth to them

Virtual Cafe Awards

Memoryhead

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
why respond? because it's important to defend what's right, even if it makes people feel bad.

homeboy outed himself as a leftist. it's massively important to counteract things like that. I didn't do it debate or come to some agreement/compromise. it was for education

Virtual Cafe Awards

MANMANPLEASE

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
stop trying to dictate "rules" to music and a musical genre
The OG vaporwave makers never indented it to be political,it was just supposed to be a musical genre instead of something political.But NO NO NO we cant have something unless its political.

Virtual Cafe Awards

giphu

Traveler
Awards
why respond? because it's important to defend what's right, even if it makes people feel bad.

homeboy outed himself as a leftist. it's massively important to counteract things like that. I didn't do it debate or come to some agreement/compromise. it was for education
Okay I should give this a rest but I'll just respond to this real quick.

I don't know how you see it, but believe me or not, I wasn't looking to change your mind, debate, or even try to find any kind of compromise. It's not what makes for fruitful conversation. Honestly, I didn't have anything else interesting going on at the moment, and thought I'd try to learn more about your views and open up my thought process too, you know, have a conversation. But I guess this again goes to show that politics do not make for good casual conversation.

I still don't even know what you mean by leftism. You keep talking about feudalism, but I've literally never heard anyone make that same comparison. I do not feel more educated.

Anyway, I hope there are no hard feelings about this. It's not usually a good idea to talk politics online, and this is just proof of that. Should have remembered it. Also I keep wondering if there are cultural differences at play here, given that I live in a country with strong social democratic tradition, and you're from America I believe?

Virtual Cafe Awards