Are we not gonna talk about the dark parts of vaporwave like very extreme christwave,fashwave and WorldCorp Enterprises? (PIC UNRELATED)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2006
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 12658 times.

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Seeing this thread pop up again, I'll copy/paste some stuff to chew on below, including a post I made in another thread about this

Since I see free speech being discussed a bit here:

source (yeah, I'm sourcing wikipedia, but it's actually from John Stuart Mills' On Liberty)

If the above is interesting to anyone but you don't want to read the original text (ie: too long and wordy), I enjoyed the first edition of All Minus One (and I'm just now learning that there's a second!). It's available as a free PDF as well.

I also just wanna say that MANMAN aka Mr. Nintendo Chalmers is certainly trolling. And I wouldn't be surprised if he continues to promote "fashwave" just because it seems to upset people.

There are many more important issues in the world than a "microgenre" "promoting" "fascism," and I'm certain that we all know this. There are vegans who will happily tell you exactly how much you're damaging the environment by eating meat; there are Apple anti-fans who will happily tell you that you're supporting slave labor by owning an iPhone; there are insane Twitter lefties who will happily tell you that you contribute to "rape culture" by watching films produced by The Weinstein Company. The list goes on and on. The internet is not real life, and the vast majority of people simply don't care if you enjoy or even produce music/videos with a "war aesthetic," and most people who do are mostly into it for the aesthetic alone. For the few that are legitimately hate-filled bigots and latch onto "fashwave," what do you do?

You call for censorship and "big tech" flexes its muscles and kicks anything with a "war aesthetic" off of their platform. Where do these people go? They just suddenly stop being hate-filled bigots? It should be pretty obvious where they go: out of your sight and away from your conversation; in an age already filled with "political bubbles," there is now an even lower chance that they will ever hear an opinion that differs from their own, and their community becomes more tightly knit than ever before. But you'll still feel good, and still feel like you accomplished something, because you were a part of the movement that got those awful "war aesthetic" videos banned! Nevermind the fact that you accomplished nothing of value; you still feel like you did!

Maybe I was a bit mean at the end there, but eh. I just feel like there's an unjust "cancellation" almost weekly at this point, and it does upset me more than it should. Maybe I need to sit down and read some Marcus Aurelius, lol.

Anyhow, onto my final copy/paste!

Hope y'all are doing well this week. I'm certain that not everyone will agree with me or see my point of view, and that's fine. But I personally hate the idea of living in a bubble, and I'm happy to see differing opinions on this site (even if some are trolls :)), and I'm happy to share my own
MANMANPLEASE aka TribalNightmares aka Mr.NintendoChalmers is Agora Road's best original troll, but still his antics confuses me sometimes.:RedWojak::Cheetospup::NikoSip:

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

naa

MANMANPLEASE aka TribalNightmares aka Mr.NintendoChalmers is Agora Road's best original troll, but still his antics confuses me sometimes.:RedWojak::Cheetospup::NikoSip:
So true! Each day he performs here in the world's own Agora Road Laugh Factory(in some countries known as The Agora Road Chuckle Hut, and in Yugoslavia only referred to as Agora Road HeeHeeHaHa House). He's innovating! the world's first digital stand up comic. Some day the money from this career will put him through clown college, so he may live out his dream, but I hope he doesn't forget us when he gets to The Big Top.

naa

hitler was not a fascist. he openly complained and whined about fascist ideals because he thought they were rooted in judeo-christian tradition, which he obviously hated.
sorry here's my more educated take on the situation
dam hitler lookin kinda thicc.JPG

eco

All of my [inane concept]wave friends I made on the world wide net are gonna be SO mad when they find out you guys don't like their carefully cultivated community (read: thread on /wg/) mixing a tired aesthetic with even more tired politics ooOOOoooOoh they're gonna be so riled up

Deleted member 1930

im so sorry I spilled spaghetti on my keyboard while I was posting and I accidentally hit send early i know it happens to the best of us but im so sorry for the spaghetti incident, this post was super unclear let me do better
View attachment 3262
hey man, I think leftists are gay too

Deleted member 2006

All of my [inane concept]wave friends I made on the world wide net are gonna be SO mad when they find out you guys don't like their carefully cultivated community (read: thread on /wg/) mixing a tired aesthetic with even more tired politics ooOOOoooOoh they're gonna be so riled up
what in the utter shit titty just came out of your keyboard

Deleted member 1930

No, leave it the way it is. The less we give attention to these individuals the less the world will be exposed to them.
which is why the world is in the state it's in. ignorance of higher thinking breeds evil, breed societal collapse.

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
which is why the world is in the state it's in. ignorance of higher thinking breeds evil, breed societal collapse.
Ya but thats just like your opinion though

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: eco

Deleted member 1930

Ya but thats just like your opinion though
is it? take a look around you. without a societal backbone, you have no order, no wisdom, no society at all, and that is reflected in every society.

there's no such thing as coincidences, sir

turn your back on existentialism, next thing you know people are burning alive in ovens. turn your back on existentialism, and next thing you know, pedophilia is A-ok. you are living in a world devoid of science, devoid of morality, devoid of religion, devoid of philosophy

the chaos of this world is specifically because the world turned off it's brains

eco

is it? take a look around you. without a societal backbone, you have no order, no wisdom, no society at all, and that is reflected in every society.

turn your back on existentialism, next thing you know people are burning alive in ovens. turn your back on existentialism, and next thing you know, pedophilia is A-ok. you are living in a world devoid of science, devoid of morality, devoid of religion, devoid of philosophy

the chaos of this world is specifically because the world turned off it's brains
This is five seconds away from "born to shit, forced to wipe"

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards

I do see where you are coming from, But I dont think it really applies to this subsection of vaporwave though. People have ignored fashwave and labourwave and now I dont see it anywhere

Virtual Cafe Awards