Are we not gonna talk about the dark parts of vaporwave like very extreme christwave,fashwave and WorldCorp Enterprises? (PIC UNRELATED)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2006
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 12679 times.

Deleted member 1930

I do see where you are coming from, But I dont think it really applies to this subsection of vaporwave though. People have ignored fashwave and labourwave and now I dont see it anywhere
I see labourwave more than fashwave, because fashwave is wiped clean by the bolsheviks that run the internet

fashwave is "evil" and labourwave is heroic struggle against oppression, because leftists run the internet.

eco

I see labourwave more than fashwave, because fashwave is wiped clean by the bolsheviks that run the internet

fashwave is "evil" and labourwave is heroic struggle against oppression, because leftists run the internet.
ISPs run the internet I think

eco

you're fine dude. eco just talks nonsense and adds nothing to any discussion.
I don't feel like either fashwave or labourwave have enough ground on the world wide internet to get suppressed on any meaningful level by anyone with any political agenda and neither of them are actually interesting enough for that because both the politics and the aesthetic have been exhausted separately

As a result, both of these are confined to low-effort content passed around on inconsequential /wg/ threads that get bumped once they hit page ten every two months, or niche subreddits populated by the same twenty or so people who just want to be masturbatory about their own personal politics

Not giving it attention isn't comparable to deliberately ignoring a fringe radicalist community, it's like scrolling past r/Funny

Nobody 'runs' the internet, and beside that, political agendas don't apply to communities as small as this one, why would they apply to smaller, less interesting ones?

Now what's your favorite pizza topping

naa

I like Italian sausage and banana peppers :MACguy
good taste, I really like roasted garlic and caramelized onions personally! I usually get my pizza with pesto instead of tomato sauce too

also a fan of anchovy but if I'm getting that as a topping I usually only get anchovy because it doesn't pair super well with other things in my experience

if anyone has suggestions for anchovy pizza pairings please tell me thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

eco

good taste, I really like roasted garlic and caramelized onions personally! I usually get my pizza with pesto instead of tomato sauce too

also a fan of anchovy but if I'm getting that as a topping I usually only get anchovy because it doesn't pair super well with other things in my experience

if anyone has suggestions for anchovy pizza pairings please tell me thank you
I like artichoke hearts and any peppers. I really like to cram my pizza with veggies and whatever I can to make a pizza spicy. I don't have preferences on cheese but I do think that the weird Pizza Hut combo of dried chili flakes and powdered parmesan is a must if the pizza is cheap

naa

haha bro your so random and not fucking annoying, jesus christ.
it's okay king I can contribute for real for real check it out PepSiDawgwitcan

I think things like fashwave, labourwave, etc. are so incredibly niche that their ability to leak out into the rest of vaporwave is very minimal. In my opinion it's not a genre that ever has particularly good tracks, and it seems like people are mostly producing it because they wanna mix their tired politics with their music, and then their politics end up being at the forefront while their tracks suffer. At least from my perspective it is more about politics and less about music. I'm more interested in music than politics, so it doesn't appeal to me, it's also not really my political scene and can't be.

It's also too niche to really promote anything from my perspective. So, it ends up in this weird space where it's clearly politically charged but it also has borderline zero influence on people, so I can't really view it as harmful or even necessarily dark? It feels like shitposting, I'm about as bothered by it as I am by someone driving past me and yelling slurs out their window which is to say not at all. It's not like, got any degree of influence so it doesn't affect me. I get how people could be bothered by it if they're young, into vaporwave, then realize there are subsets of the community that probably want them to be publicly executed but I'm kinda used to that at this point personally? This is just my take though and I could be missing some nuance.

It's mostly just pretty lame. That track you made and posted in the chat had more effort in it and sounded better than any fashwave I've heard. I don't think people try really hard with it because mostly what they're doing is basically trolling. I think shitposting as music can be good or funny or what ever but this isn't even really good shitposting, or good music? kinda just pale manlet music. It'd maybe bother people more if it sounded good or if more people listened to it. I'm not supportive of it but I'm not concerned by it.

I really gotta learn more about WorldCorp Enterprises, isn't that an ARG?

Last edited by a moderator:

naa

I feel like Hawaiian pizza fits the general aesthetic for some reason
That's true but please understand that is an advertising lie created by Big Pizza. It is clearly designed to suppress the Real Pizza that represents all of us. Gone but not forgotten.
DDCA7EF1-7AB2-4B8C-9F7D-18715C5D4F54.jpeg