Ask a Question Thread

• Thread starter mast
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 3218 times.

Deleted member 2362

do you use a crowded or minimal wallpapers?
Generally I like dark, unbussy papes. I'm using this one right now

cMjxaOl.jpg

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
True.

Are you watching the Euros (football)? do you have an interest in sports?
No I dont watch euro football but I watch American football. My dad is a real hardcore raiders fan, like he has the season pass and basically dress up and cosplay as a raider character he invented. Raiders fans are a different type of breed, its really fun to be with them during convoys and during the games.

Whats your go to drink (alcoholic) of choice?

Virtual Cafe Awards
No I dont watch euro football but I watch American football. My dad is a real hardcore raiders fan, like he has the season pass and basically dress up and cosplay as a raider character he invented. Raiders fans are a different type of breed, its really fun to be with them during convoys and during the games.

Whats your go to drink (alcoholic) of choice?
can never go wrong with a nice smooth whiskey

What are a few music genres or artist you've been enjoying recently outside of vaporwave?

Virtual Cafe Awards
can never go wrong with a nice smooth whiskey

What are a few music genres or artist you've been enjoying recently outside of vaporwave?
I like to challenge myself to listen to new things but have been having a hard time sticking to it. I try and try to listen to Reggae but always wind up listening to Dub instead. I really love Dub.

Feels like we have more new users so I wanted to bump this thread. What forum theme are you currently using?

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

I'm using After Dark. I have come to use it at night while using Sandy Beach during the daytime. Feels appropriate.

My question: Do you remember the first person you made friends with on the Web and if so, are you still in contact with them?
I've been using the internet since 2009 or 2010, and I was pretty young then. I didn't necessarily use it socially at first, I think I mostly read Wikipedia and watched anime in 240p illegally. There were a lot of avatar-based forum websites in the late 2000s/early 2010s, and they were often advertised on these anime streaming websites at the time. I saw an ad for one called TinierMe, and I joined. The website had forums, journals, profiles, avatars, customizable virtual rooms, and little virtual towns you could walk around in, chat in, and fish in.

I wrote random stuff in the forums a lot, like short stories, what happened at school, etc. I started getting regular replies from a user named Jazzie, we'd talk about our day, our favorite videogames, and a lot of other stuff. She introduced me to Vocaloid music and recommended manga for me to read a lot. Unfortunately, the site shut down on short notice in 2012. It was a Japanese website that had been translated into English, and it violated a new law against the "Complete Gacha(コンプリートガチャ) Monetization Model," which was the sole source of income for TinierMe. It was around 2011 when I joined I think, so I could only use the website for a year. I didn't have any way to stay in contact with my friend, I was new to the internet and barely understood email, so we never spoke after this. I hope she's doing good, though.

What was your favorite thing to do online when you first started using the internet?

Attachments

• TinierMe Closure Note.png
    TinierMe Closure Note.png
    537.3 KB · Views: 64
I used internet under my families influence for playing flash games but after i had unsupervised internet i watched anime and read manga. Nothing different from now really.

Which fictional universe would you want to live in? Any genre counts.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Pepsi (Enjoyment)
Reactions: naa

NeoTokyo Tempo

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I used internet under my families influence for playing flash games but after i had unsupervised internet i watched anime and read manga. Nothing different from now really.

Which fictional universe would you want to live in? Any genre counts.
Almost anything would be preferable to the fake and gay of modern America. No matter how much dopamine gets pumped into my brain, I can never shake the constant feeling that nothing feels genuine anymore. I guess if I can pick a specific time and place in the universe, I'd pick Tolkien during a peaceful time. At least then I can maybe work on a farm, or be a stone cutter in a world where everything is genuine.

What was the worst experience you've had trusting the wrong person?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Almost anything would be preferable to the fake and gay of modern America. No matter how much dopamine gets pumped into my brain, I can never shake the constant feeling that nothing feels genuine anymore. I guess if I can pick a specific time and place in the universe, I'd pick Tolkien during a peaceful time. At least then I can maybe work on a farm, or be a stone cutter in a world where everything is genuine.

What was the worst experience you've had trusting the wrong person?

I think the only way I could respond to that is by A) learning the character limit of a single Agora post and B) having enough time to type it lmao

necro bumping this thread.

What did you want to be when you were a kid?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
I think the only way I could respond to that is by A) learning the character limit of a single Agora post and B) having enough time to type it lmao

necro bumping this thread.

What did you want to be when you were a kid?
I forgot, or maybe I never really thought that much about it. Though, I remember really wishing to be able to make music back then when I was 10 but failing epicly. Times change and I'll be releasing one album soon and that makes me happy.

If you could learn a language instantly, which one would you choose?

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
I forgot, or maybe I never really thought that much about it. Though, I remember really wishing to be able to make music back then when I was 10 but failing epicly. Times change and I'll be releasing one album soon and that makes me happy.

If you could learn a language instantly, which one would you choose?
I would learn either Chinese or arabic. Both have a ton of dialects so learning Either in their entirety is very hard.

If you could start a large company, what would you do? What kind of products or services would you sell?

Virtual Cafe Awards
I would learn either Chinese or arabic. Both have a ton of dialects so learning Either in their entirety is very hard.

If you could start a large company, what would you do? What kind of products or services would you sell?
Probably manufacturing musical instruments. That'd be the dream anyway.

Are you the type of person who always has the same hair style, or do you change up with the times?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Quiveringlip

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Probably manufacturing musical instruments. That'd be the dream anyway.

Are you the type of person who always has the same hair style, or do you change up with the times?
I change it up but I feel like I'm heavily influenced by trends with my hair.

Is the mona Lisa smiling, or are the paintings around her serious?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jaded Dreams

unfvck the world.
Reaction score
Awards
I change it up but I feel like I'm heavily influenced by trends with my hair.

Is the mona Lisa smiling, or are the paintings around her serious?
The Mona Lisa is doing what's called a non-Duchenne smile, so yes, the Mona Lisa is indeed smiling.

What if you went to the store and bought milk inside of a bag of milk?

Virtual Cafe Awards

calico_jack

midwest emo
Reaction score
Awards
The Mona Lisa is doing what's called a non-Duchenne smile, so yes, the Mona Lisa is indeed smiling.

What if you went to the store and bought milk inside of a bag of milk?
if i had a bag of milk i would slap somebody with it like it was a pillow

if you could be a great musician, director, artist, actor, or poet witch would you choose?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2652

if you could be a great musician, director, artist, actor, or poet witch would you choose?

William T. Vollmann. In addition to being a counter cultural icon the guy writes rings around most authors. He's the Herman Melville of our time.

J-pop or K-pop? Where do you stand on this sublime divide?

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
William T. Vollmann. In addition to being a counter cultural icon the guy writes rings around most authors. He's the Herman Melville of our time.

J-pop or K-pop? Where do you stand on this sublime divide?
j pop cuz it to me never felt as saturated as kpop has become

if you could remove or alter 1 simple aspect from history to change things forever what would it be and why

Virtual Cafe Awards