Bionicle appreciation thread

• Thread starter h00
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 677 times.

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Did a search for "bionicle" for all post titles and found NONE!
THATS FUCKED UP!

This is now Agoras FIRST Bionicle thread
For anyone that doesn't know wtf Bionicles are theyre AWESOME and they look like this
1674599415175.png
1674599417975.png

Basically action figures you build

All these fuckers lived on a giant island in the shape of a mask called MATA NUI (there were other locations but Mata Nui #1)
1674599494387.png

and the Tao had cool elemental powers kinda like avatar if you think about it but they were biomechanical people that got in lots of fights
anyways there were hella books so you already know what your boy was picking up when the scholastic book fair rolled around
1674599630842.png
1674599674875.png

were also games for PC, browsers, DS, Gameboy, GameCUBE, PS2 and xbox
1674599701216.png
1674599746637.png

Bionicle was a lifestyle baby

View: https://youtu.be/K1CTPC02n0c

you had original music

View: https://youtu.be/9aV_qPzTfnU

and fuckin crazy trailers
1674600244663.png
1674600239284.png

shit was gas
pictured: me and my girlfriend

So yeah lets talk bionicle yall
What was your favorite phase?
Games? Books? Characters?
Why do you miss it

I'm personally fond of Bionicle because full lego sets were HELLA expensive and we didn't have money for that, but bionicles were $10 and I could make them fight eachother and make horrible frankenstein abominations. I got into them at Phase 3 so that's my favorite. I never read all the books but I DID pick up hella during book fairs and read through them. It sure beat The Magic Treehouse. I spent a lot of time playing the flash games on Bionicle.com (RIP) and I STILL hate hero factory.

Also if we have any Bionicle loremasters in here please fill me in on WTF was going on because everything but "haha they fight" went over my head. Lore had no business being that indepth.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

Shoutouts to my first crsuh, who saw me with a Bionicle once and said, "Ew. Aren't those for kids?" and then never spoke to me again. We were both seven years old.

Anyways so I haven't read up on my Bionicle lore since I was 13, so I forgive me if what I say simply isn't true.
IIRC, the deal with the lore is that, Greg Farshtey, the writer of the lore, was going through quite some tough times with his health at some point before the production of Bionicles began, so it was a large influence when he was presented with the opportunity to start writing a story for a toyline. This thus developed into the central theme of Bionicle -- The "Biologic Chronicle", not the "Bionic Chronicle"-- as the various Toa, Matoran, and Turaga as the cells of sorts in the body of the Great Spirit, Mata Nui.

I like the aesthetics of the point-and-click adventure game, which you can still play
LmpwZw

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 4436

I would also like to bring up SPIRIT
This is where my sense of humor came from 10 years ago

NETCOM

Banned from Jailbreak
Reaction score
Awards
I like that Lego tried to do something unique with this line. The molds and ball joints were honestly kind of revolutionary, but I heard they've been destroyed since they're not really in use anymore, as per Lego's policy.

I think the coolest part about Bionicle for me was the mystique of it, it's incredible how much effort they put into a line for kids.

This theme was awesome. The Mata Nui Online games were such a cool way of gaining insight into how the world of Bionicle worked, and it would clue you in on upcoming story arcs as they happened.

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I remember when Lego magazine started publishing the Bionicle comics. I was like 5 and had no fucking clue what was happening. All I knew was that I got dope comics about cool monster guys periodically in he mail. Anyways, my first ever bionicle was this guy here:

1036d54a4864b6da2c4533db885c5683.jpg

This isn't mine, I wish it was. Parents bought it for me on a trip to Legoland. I'm one of those people who regrets not taking better care of things as a kid.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
when I was a kid, I had a lot of bionicles from various eras, as my much older sister had some when she was younger too. I would always try to build giant combinations of them with like 4 arms and cool shit like that. I wish i had access to my parent's loft, they're probably still up there.
1674673041746.png

(not mine, but cool example)

I also had a bunch of the pre-bionicle bionicles, called Slizers! they were even cooler imo, they had more complex parts and could be transformed into vehicles and shit, and could shoot disks

1674673108194.png
1674673124996.png

I remember i had this movie on DVD, it was the shit when i was little. No memory of the plot anymore but it doesnt matter haha
1674673195284.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
when I was a kid, I had a lot of bionicles from various eras, as my much older sister had some when she was younger too. I would always try to build giant combinations of them with like 4 arms and cool shit like that. I wish i had access to my parent's loft, they're probably still up there.
View attachment 50887
(not mine, but cool example)

I also had a bunch of the pre-bionicle bionicles, called Slizers! they were even cooler imo, they had more complex parts and could be transformed into vehicles and shit, and could shoot disks

View attachment 50888View attachment 50889

I remember i had this movie on DVD, it was the shit when i was little. No memory of the plot anymore but it doesnt matter haha
View attachment 50890
Hoooooly fuck slizers! I forgot all about the existence of those until this post. That shit was dope, my buddy had some. We'd run around the yard and try to shoot each other with them like they were flying superheroes or something.
And I also remember begging my mom to rent Mask of Light for me. :Omegajoy: :Omegajoy: :Omegajoy: All I remember about the plot was some dude got the mask and it was lit affffff.

Virtual Cafe Awards