Bird Thread

NoSlacking

Live from the 7th Dimension via satellite
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone else here interested in birds? This year I have been learning a lot about them, and I've been taking some cool photographs of them when I'm out and about.

ITT post photos or thoughts about birds. I'm especially interested to hear about birds that arent common in the UK; ones from other countries. They always seem to be much more colourful than ours! Additionally, If anyone has any birdwatching or photography tips, I'd be grateful to hear them.

I'll start by posting a few pictures of my own. There is one of a Great Spotted Woodpecker, and one of a Jay. Both are fairly uncommon sightings in England, and I got to see them both at the saem time! They were actaully fighting at one point too. Made my day :)

Attachments

• jay (1 of 1).jpg
    jay (1 of 1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 621
  • woodpecker (1 of 1).jpg
    woodpecker (1 of 1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Reaction score
Awards
Heres a Robin i saw today. Makes me feel nice and festive!

Attachments

• robin (1 of 1)2 (2).jpg
    robin (1 of 1)2 (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Oh yeah I like birds if you know what I mean oi oi ;)))

Virtual Cafe Awards

Xx_swagmaster420_xX

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Damn nice birds op. Seen those type of Jays around me too, giant swarms of them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Reaction score
Awards
Oh yeah I like birds if you know what I mean oi oi ;)))
LADS LADS LADS

Damn nice birds op. Seen those type of Jays around me too, giant swarms of them.
Wow, are you sure they are this kind of Jay? I thought they were very solitary animals. Theyre always hard to spot for me because they are really careful to stay away from humans.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Reaction score
Awards
Pretty cool looking Grey Heron in flight.

Attachments

• grey heron (1 of 3) (2).jpg
    grey heron (1 of 3) (2).jpg
    928.3 KB · Views: 64
  • grey heron (2 of 3) (2).jpg
    grey heron (2 of 3) (2).jpg
    851.7 KB · Views: 69
  • grey heron (3 of 3) (2).jpg
    grey heron (3 of 3) (2).jpg
    669.4 KB · Views: 62
Virtual Cafe Awards

Talon

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
No photos to share but I set up some feeders in my backyard and I enjoy watching the different types that come through. Thinking about setting up a camera and streaming all the activity when the weather turns warmer and the wildlife becomes more active.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ThyOde17

Tree Spiking Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
I own a sort of encyclopedia on the various local birds that live in my area. While I do occasionally birdwatch I really do not have any of my own personal pictures to show for it. Maybe I can start taking some and sharing it though.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I don't have photos but I like to hang out in high places and watch groups of birds fly about. Their group dynamics are so interesting to me, how they play off each other and very beautiful shapes of the flock emerge from each of them individually making their own way.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Reaction score
Awards
I own a sort of encyclopedia on the various local birds that live in my area. While I do occasionally birdwatch I really do not have any of my own personal pictures to show for it. Maybe I can start taking some and sharing it though.
What area of the world do you live in? I'd liker to know more about the birds you see often.
I don't have photos but I like to hang out in high places and watch groups of birds fly about. Their group dynamics are so interesting to me, how they play off each other and very beautiful shapes of the flock emerge from each of them individually making their own way.
Yup, I will often sit in my local park/garden and just watch what they do, how they find food and then sing about it to tell their mates. Very interesting stuff, and good for the osul too I think.

Heres a robin mid-song i saw just a few hours ago.

Attachments

• robin.jpg
    robin.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Saw this bird in the sky today, had to look at pics online to identify but still unsure. Anyone know what sort of bird this is?
-aZNrUOQZ_b0.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I love birds, it's my favorite kind of animal in general, specially crows and owls, in my country the Tyto furcata (Central American Barn Owl) is pretty common to see, it even has their own myths, like them carrying "witch spirits" and sometimes they are related to death, obviously it's false, but still, i like to see them at my backyard at nights (sometimes in the day), because they usually appear and watch our house from a tree, i love them.
1639515992878.png

Virtual Cafe Awards