Bulletin Based Vaporwave/Aesthetic Art Website

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards

> Hello all! :D

Some may know me, some don't, I used to be an very active mod and artist for r/vaporwaveaesthetics and r/outrun on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk (ugh) until the ugly creature named censorship towered its reptilian-esque, slimey head over the entire Plattform, gripped it like the Kraken an 1600s Merchant ship and started to ban communities and users left and right.
Not just because of extremistic views or subjects, but also critical users and subs, and those that wouldnt bow to the arbitrariness of >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk admins and its attempts to suddenly push specific political leanings and weird positions.

So, after getting my accounts banned for good (for complaining directly and joining protest subs), and the communities threatened I found >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk to be a lost cause; Admins wont give a shit, they rather get caught up in criminal investigations and charges than admit any wrong doing or actually caring for the community that made them this big in the first place.

Long story short, I took matters into my own hands (after terrible experiences I have made on alt plattforms like ruqqus or saidit) and made, with the help of a startup, my own art community. Completely free of censorship, bad admins and on top of that, able to sustain itself financially thanks to the help of crypto and ethereum smart contracts. I hereby present to you, fresh out of the oven,
aesthetic.cafe

Note: The site is primarily for Art & Media Submissions, like designs, pictures, music, videos, text (like le >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk used to be). Its not a Forum like this website. So it isnt even a rivaling plattform

thumbnail for aesthetic.cafe
aesthetic.cafe

Before you ask:

Yes I know, >Crypto >NFT >Money

The site is completely free, you dont (you cant even): need to pay for anything, buy anything, enter your credit card details, connect your Metamask or whatever.

The crypto stuff is not the central aspect of this site, its rather supplementary and allows me to offset any costs that come from running the site.

On the brightside; You can tip and buy posts from artists and buy them a coffee or some crystal bepsi or similar. :D
----

The Framework used to build this site comes from the bbs.network, they clearly stated they want to rival >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk and be free of censorship and the likes, they have systems in place to achieve this and put all of the administration and hosting and moderating into peoples hands. I didnt found any system or framework similar, which would allow me to make my own website and not be subject to Ridiculous rules or guidelines I have to follow.

---

Open to any Questions, Ideas, Wishes, your compliments or insults (please dont) and inadvertently someone claiming Im shilling or just wanting to make money lol

yours truly no_chill

here some old OC vaporwave artwork (the rest is too big to post)

Vaporwave 1.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pacing Tape

Idealistic Pillock
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
pacing-tape.itch.io
I'm big into art and I'll definitely give your site a looksie, sounds like a pretty nice concept to have a relatively stripped down site just focused on art.

Virtual Cafe Awards

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I'm big into art and I'll definitely give your site a looksie, sounds like a pretty nice concept to have a relatively stripped down site just focused on art.
Thank you! :D Its new and doesnt have a lot of posts for now

Virtual Cafe Awards