• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

burger king virtual fun centers (& early 00s kiddie tech in general?)

power gem

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
anyone else remember those video game kiosks at burger king? apparently they were called "virtual fun centers". i spent a lot of time on these as a kid but unfortunately i can't recall much about the games. i remember that there was an opening animation with all the classic 00s cg stuff - pyramids, shiny spheres, etc. i also think there was an ms paint type program and a racing game. this twatter thread is the best source of information i can find on these online:

Ecif3zwX0AAYjmL.jpg

this design is the one i remember using, I think you can see the paint program in the left pic.
EcifbdDX0AETNn9.jpg

i'd love to revisit some of these games, but sadly there's almost no information available about them online. maybe other agora users can share their memories of these and other weird artifacts from the time when sticking kids in front of screens was seen as innocent and perhaps even a good thing. for example, these n64 kiosks were apparently used at mcdonalds although i've never seen them before.

EciviMhX0AM7Wvh.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I remember the McDonald's kiosks but the Burger King ones I never saw. Pretty neat if it had its own software. Surely a file of that is out there somewhere. Hell wouldn't be surprised if somewhere out there is some decrepit BK currently with one of those just rotting in the lobby, stranger things have happened...

Still can't believe this sort of thing was phased out of retail stores like Walmart and even Best Buy. Demo kiosks were the shit, was how I got to experience new consoles.

Virtual Cafe Awards