California Passes Law Recognizing Anti-Gay Conversion Therapy as Consumer Fraud

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
http://www.losangelesblade.com/2018/08/16/conversion-therapy-fraud-bill-passed-by-california-senate/

Gird your loins. California lawmakers just passed a bill to make it harder to entice shame-filled parents with advertised false promises of a "cure" for homosexuality. By a vote of 25 to 11, state senators passed Assembly Bill 2943 that makes "advertising, offering to engage in, or engaging in sexual orientation change efforts"—plugged by the religious right as "conversion therapy"—a violation of California's consumer fraud laws.

How is this just happening now lol, i always thought it was already illegal due to child abuse

Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
Well, it IS fraud. Nobody can simply stop being who they are because someone wants them not to be.

That's not true. Gay'ism isn't genetic. Most trans and gays were sexually abused as children. Every conversation with real life gay friends has always come down to this....

MK Ultra is literally using sexual abuse to control peoples brains. This is a fact.

That's not true. Gay'ism isn't genetic. Most trans and gays were sexually abused as children. Every conversation with real life gay friends has always come down to this....

MK Ultra is literally using sexual abuse to control peoples brains. This is a fact.
Let's say we agree that homosexuality isn't genetic. Do you also deny that we are the sum of our nature and experiences? Nature and nurture? If so, what issue do you take with @AnanaSUPREME 's post, ignoring the claim of fraud? If not, why?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I believe aspects of conversion therapy were already illegal. I think the intent with this bill is to shut down any "business" practicing any form of conversion therapy. Some conversion therapy simply entails convincing the child that they are mistaken about their feelings, like you might try to convince them that majoring in competitive feminist dance theory is a terrible idea. If something like that was already illegal, most therapists would be down the drain, so, I assume, specifying that the therapy is targeting the sexual orientation of the child was necessary.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cryptfrog

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
kinda based, there's a lot of other stuff they should ban as fraud too like psychic readings.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Freedom and liberty are retarded core values so I don't accept your frame here. Banning harmful things is good.
Banning harmful things is a retarded core value so I don't accept your framing here. If stupid people want to do stupid things that don't directly affect you, let them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Banning harmful things is a retarded core value so I don't accept your framing here. If stupid people want to do stupid things that don't directly affect you, let them.
I'm not getting into an argument about libertarianism with you. Complaining about muh freedoms wont get you anywhere when you deal with people that don't care about your enlightenment values, particularly not governments or enemies at your doorstep.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I'm not getting into an argument about libertarianism with you. Complaining about muh freedoms wont get you anywhere when you deal with people that don't care about your enlightenment values, particularly not governments or enemies at your doorstep.
And that's why I own guns. Have fun living with a boot on your neck.

Virtual Cafe Awards

dimensionalist

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
This looks like it bans it even for adults that volunteer for it and not just bans it as something parents can send their kids to. Its a political "lets whip up on the christians" law and not something that is supposed to protect "consumers from fraud." Now conversion therapy probably doesn't work, but if someone is gay and doesn't want to be gay, they should still be able to try. It might work for some people sometimes.

Also: how can they can ban this even though trans surgeries are allowed? Trans surgeries are fraud.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ZinRicky

Vapor Number & Data Guy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zinricky.tilde.team
trans surgeries
I don't know in which part of the world you live, but here (Italy) you have to pass lots of psychological tests, which take up to a couple years, before you can even start transitioning. And obviously you can only start after you turn 18.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
psychological tests
Psychologists are frauds. Its becoming more and more common for literal children to be diagnosed with dysphoria and getting put on hormones or treated like the opposite sex because of psychologists. Hormones on their own even without surgery are essentially castration when given at a young enough age, which they increasingly are.

1644086203772.png

This case is in the US. There are a ton more in Canada as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cybercola

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Psychologists are frauds.
presumably not the italian ones because it'd be kinda silly to both be an evil mastermind trying to trans every kid while also making it really difficult for any kid to actually get it. I know it's the same in the UK as well, you have to jump through several hoops and sit on long waiting lists before they'll confirm a dysphoria diagnosis and start treatment.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

This looks like it bans it even for adults that volunteer for it and not just bans it as something parents can send their kids to. Its a political "lets whip up on the christians" law and not something that is supposed to protect "consumers from fraud." Now conversion therapy probably doesn't work, but if someone is gay and doesn't want to be gay, they should still be able to try. It might work for some people sometimes.

Also: how can they can ban this even though trans surgeries are allowed? Trans surgeries are fraud.

as ive said before, everything they do is to serve satan and his purpose of mocking god and bastardizing his law.

thats all this is, nothing more. keeping children as victims for the devil and his cabal.