Christmas Traditions

• Thread starter mast
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 2202 times.

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Where I live, Saint Nicolas comes to every houshold in the evening of the 6th of December, so he can put yummy desserts into our cleaned boots layed down on the window sills of each bedroom. Sometimes (since he is given the right to judge moral behaviour) he puts a dried wand into the boot instead.

On the eve of Dec 24, many of us celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ (Jézuska - "Little Jesus"), but a more contemporary approach is the celebration of having a family, and the opportunities given to love each other.
Oh yes, we do that too. You Orthodox? I'd thought it was a Greek tradition (not greek btw but my family converted to orthodoxy when I was young)
for us the shoes are left by the door instead of the windowsill though. Used to get lots of M&Ms in them but I find them kinda... not that great these days, I just don't like junk food in general. But the pistachios have always been a staple, love me some pistachios.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Oh yes, we do that too. You Orthodox? I'd thought it was a Greek tradition (not greek btw but my family converted to orthodoxy when I was young)
for us the shoes are left by the door instead of the windowsill though. Used to get lots of M&Ms in them but I find them kinda... not that great these days, I just don't like junk food in general. But the pistachios have always been a staple, love me some pistachios.
We no orthodox ☺️ My family is not way too strict in the way we live. But the state in my country made this celebration a national standard, and who are we to defy that. The government often claimes that it strives to follow catholic values (at least in theory), so some of the traditions resemble them a lot, but of course not perfectly. Although we do not follow all traditions laid out for us, we did implement some for the sake of excitement and fun. I personally don't like to follow the pathways of others living before me, but I love to understand their choices and motivations.

Oh yes, pistachio rules! :) Almond is my other favourite in regard of munching.

Virtual Cafe Awards