Coffee

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I make it in a stovetop percolator like the one below with a reusable filter. The filter is key. I originally did not have a filter and you'd always get a little bit of grounds in your coffee because the metal basket that comes with the percolator doesn't catch everything. The brand of coffee does not seem to matter in particular. It is very hard to fuck up.
perc.jpg

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

zalaz alaza

hawaiin burger genie 5.04 LTS
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
French press is over rated.

I buy light roast with the highest visible oil content from the bulk section at local co-op. Light roast to prevent the occasion of beans that get burnt while roasting which is usually the case when purchasing small batch/craft dark roasts.

For dark roasts I have particular cafes I will buy from. I prefer dark roasts but they only work if the roaster is vigilant about preventing burning.

Lately(the last few years) I've been using my italian coffee pot/percolator to make my morning brews but I also have an espresso machine.

Pour over is preferable to standard drip no matter what the spergs think so that is my other go to.

Virtual Cafe Awards

timmymisler

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've recently discovered instant coffee is not as bad as everyone tried to tell you. It's very frothy and has its own unique flavor. Can't be good for you though
instant coffee really has it's own unique taste, i would just do instant ICED coffee though...

• Good Vibes
Reactions: RIG