Comfy low spec driving games

MoonSire

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, can yall recommend me some low spec driving games? (retro games are welcome too!) I dont mean racing games where you race against ppl but rather games that require you to drive long distances for stuff, they can have some other mechanics like shooters etc. a few games that fit this description are gta4 (no forests, the whole map is a city) or half life's 2 driving segments. Im particularly looking for forest driving and fields and stuff.
sorry for shitty english lolz i know this post is kinda hard to read lol sry.
:^)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Cobalt

Cairnkicker
Reaction score
Awards

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/252530/OMSI_2_Steam_Edition/

Omsi 2 is pretty comfy if your cool with driving buses instead of cars. The included map is basically just the suburbs of Berlin Germany and the base game is set around 1985-95. Very comfy atmosphere and the buses have like autistic levels of detail in that basically every button and switch in the cab works and you will need to read tutorials to know how to work everything and the game is German and while a lot of the game is in the English language, some things are in German only like the bus ticket machine and route computer so you might have to brush up on your Deutsche. Theres also a shit ton of payware DLC maps and buses, maps from all over Europe to North America, and Asia. Kinda overpriced imo but is moderately low spec. Minimum specs are:

• Minimum:
    • Processor: 2.6 GHz
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce or comparable AMD with minimum 512 MB
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c

If you really just want cars then City Car Driving is probably your best bet.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/493490/City_Car_Driving/

I bought it on sale but refunded it because it wasn't what I was looking for. The hour or so I played it it was pretty good though. Its actually meant to teach you how to drive a car in real life. It has European and America road laws as options and a pretty decent open world mix of city and countryside. Theres also a good selection of user made cars in the workshop. A lot of the cars are fairly detailed in terms of realism and handling. If you have a VR headset you can play it in VR which is kinda cool. Minimum specs:

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.2 GHz / AMD Athlon II X4 3.1 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 240 / nVidia GeForce GT 740
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 10 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Any sound card compatible with DirectX
    • Additional Notes: WARNING!!! Correct program operation on laptops and on computers with integrated video cards is not guaranteed! Recommended system requirements for the Oculus Rift & HTC Vive are determined by the equipment manufacturer.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

MoonSire

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/252530/OMSI_2_Steam_Edition/

Omsi 2 is pretty comfy if your cool with driving buses instead of cars. The included map is basically just the suburbs of Berlin Germany and the base game is set around 1985-95. Very comfy atmosphere and the buses have like autistic levels of detail in that basically every button and switch in the cab works and you will need to read tutorials to know how to work everything and the game is German and while a lot of the game is in the English language, some things are in German only like the bus ticket machine and route computer so you might have to brush up on your Deutsche. Theres also a shit ton of payware DLC maps and buses, maps from all over Europe to North America, and Asia. Kinda overpriced imo but is moderately low spec. Minimum specs are:

• Minimum:
    • Processor: 2.6 GHz
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce or comparable AMD with minimum 512 MB
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c

If you really just want cars then City Car Driving is probably your best bet.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/493490/City_Car_Driving/

I bought it on sale but refunded it because it wasn't what I was looking for. The hour or so I played it it was pretty good though. Its actually meant to teach you how to drive a car in real life. It has European and America road laws as options and a pretty decent open world mix of city and countryside. Theres also a good selection of user made cars in the workshop. A lot of the cars are fairly detailed in terms of realism and handling. If you have a VR headset you can play it in VR which is kinda cool. Minimum specs:

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.2 GHz / AMD Athlon II X4 3.1 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 240 / nVidia GeForce GT 740
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 10 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Any sound card compatible with DirectX
    • Additional Notes: WARNING!!! Correct program operation on laptops and on computers with integrated video cards is not guaranteed! Recommended system requirements for the Oculus Rift & HTC Vive are determined by the equipment manufacturer.

Thanks! I'll check em out sometime

Virtual Cafe Awards

feeble_world

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Need For Speed Underground is a racing game, but you can also just install the free roam mod and explore a liminal space of a city. 2003 graphics and specs required. Very easy to pirate with a nocd patch included.

The Crew 2 is an 2018 open world racing game set in a scaled-down version of the United States. Haven't played but seen others play.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
there's a really old one called Test Drive 3, it was one of the first 3D driving games. It's as low-spec as you can get. I don't think there's too many forests but there are tons of fields and and you can go as off-road as you want, it's completely open-world.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MoonSire

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey yall thx for all thw recomendations. I actually remebered about My summer car and got it simplu because it fit the desc perfectly, i know its a little complicated at the start but i got tutorials haha. As for the recs. The crew, just cause and nfs are all cool games i hope but i just dont want a racer lol, the omni bys game looks interesting tho i think ill chceck ut out, and the test drive 3 looks cool too but its a little bit primitive.

Virtual Cafe Awards

JihyoParkXX

Scum Fuck Flower Boy
Reaction score
Awards
there's a really old one called Test Drive 3, it was one of the first 3D driving games. It's as low-spec as you can get. I don't think there's too many forests but there are tons of fields and and you can go as off-road as you want, it's completely open-world.
The name Test Drive takes me back, I had a lot of fun with it on the PSP.

Instead of Test Drive 3 check out Test Drive Unlimited, it's a comfy game where you can drive around freely in Hawaii. Sleeping Dogs is also a lot of fun, the cars feel very arcade-y and you can even jump from car to car mid-driving. If you're interested in driving in the 50s then LA Noire or Mafia 2 are the games for ya

Virtual Cafe Awards