Conspiracies you have little to no proof of but still believe

To lose up? It must be boring to do all the stuff down there...
And Daily mail? Isn't that clickbait?

Virtual Cafe Awards
probably not most although possibly a good amount, I've met some of the top %ers (online of course), and they're just your typical bored teenager with self esteem issues/intense narcissism

i agree that overpopulation is a non-issue but disagree on it having anything to do specifically with China. it seems to me more of a social engineering tactic where elites push the narrative of a doomed future in order to scare the educated/middle class population and reduce their birth rates while the poor/uneducated continue to reproduce indiscriminately. this way, you reduce the amount of people knowledgeable/intelligent/capable enough to oppose you, while the lower class is simply too busy trying to get by to care about what you do.
I believe this is also why "geek" culture was pushed so hard in order to infantilize the population.
Idiocracy, at it again

Virtual Cafe Awards
I believe this is also why "geek" culture was pushed so hard in order to infantilize the population.
i agree that overpopulation is a non-issue but disagree on it having anything to do specifically with China. it seems to me more of a social engineering tactic where elites push the narrative of a doomed future in order to scare the educated/middle class population and reduce their birth rates while the poor/uneducated continue to reproduce indiscriminately. this way, you reduce the amount of people knowledgeable/intelligent/capable enough to oppose you
maybe those (60-70+ years olds) at power are all-nuts that 70s doomsday didnt happen XD. the bigger scare, the bigger profit.
you know, Mad Max, Westworld, RUR/Metropolis scenarios... nothingburger

Virtual Cafe Awards

greyetch

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
grwfoote.bandcamp.com
Quantum inmortality: from my point of view i'm inmortal, why i said that? Because i was so close to death many times and i managed to survive, like the time i was hit by a truck (no, it's not a joke), and i ende up relatively unharmed (just some scratches), or the time with my family avoid a crash accident, or the time i jumped from the roof of my house and ended up unharmed, or the time a pack of dogs attacked me but i was saved in the last minute for my uncle, or the time i was bite by snake and i manage to go to the hospital just in time, and so many more i preffer to keep for myself, there is always something, it could be that i'm just very lucky, or perhaps from my own perspective i can't die, but i'm probably dead in many other universes.

Also, i do not have any religion, but i do believe in reincarnation, probably as another person, probably as an animal, or perhaps something out of this world (because i also believe in aliens, there is no chance that we are the only intelligent species in the whole fucking universe), if i'm dead i will keep existing, but also i like the idea of, idk, living in a cicle, living your life over and over again, but with variations in the situations, who knows, perhaps my previous life never discovered agora road and was just a chad normie or whatever, or perhaps my next live becamea president.

Still, if we are talking about government conspiracies, the usual i guess, i couldn't care less about what the men on top is doing, we can't do anything to stop whatever the hell they are doing, so, i just stop caring and enjoying life while i can before everything becomes worse.
View attachment 15749
I don't want to share too much - but I jumped off a building when I was 19 and broke both legs, my pelvis, and my back. It was a suicide attempt, but also I was on drugs. And I was naked lol. Anyway, it was a pretty fucking long way, probably like 60 feet onto concrete. I had a whole NDE and everything. Was in a coma for like 2 weeks. Anyway - completely circumstantial and maybe I just "lived" in the normal sense, but I do sort of feel like I died and switched timelines to one where I survived. Also it was just around the time when things got WEIRD in our reality (2010s), so there's that.

also - I'm literally fine, so no need for sympathy. It was years ago and I don't have PTSD or anything.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I don't want to share too much - but I jumped off a building when I was 19 and broke both legs, my pelvis, and my back. It was a suicide attempt, but also I was on drugs. And I was naked lol. Anyway, it was a pretty fucking long way, probably like 60 feet onto concrete. I had a whole NDE and everything. Was in a coma for like 2 weeks. Anyway - completely circumstantial and maybe I just "lived" in the normal sense, but I do sort of feel like I died and switched timelines to one where I survived. Also it was just around the time when things got WEIRD in our reality (2010s), so there's that.

also - I'm literally fine, so no need for sympathy. It was years ago and I don't have PTSD or anything.
Yup i get you, i tried to kill myself twice actually, when i was 16 i just dropped myself into a truck in a highway, i could swear that truck was at 40 mph, the hit felt mostly like a big punch into my body, i was dragged like a ragdoll, believe it or not i just got a few minor injuries, and some of my limbs went sprained, but somehow i survived that one, i spent a week in the hospital recovering from the injuries, the doctor said i was lucky it was just minor fractures.

The second one was a few months ago, i tried to overdose, with every pill we had at home, i swear i lost the count on how many shit i consumed, that was even harder because i lost consciousness, my brother in law found me twitching and puking in the ground so he picked me up instantly to ER, i actually got clinically dead, but somehow, i just woke up in the hospital, and they explained me everything that happened, that it was a miracle i was alive, i was fucking dead for a few seconds can you imagine?

Yeah, i completely understand you man, this shit not only makes you inmortal but also gives you a high endurance to bullshit, is weird but hey that's how it is, perhaps the only way we can die is throught old age, still i feel bad for the other me's that died for the current me to survive.

Anyways is good to know another suicide survivor here, did something changed after that? To me, has been quite a lot, luckily it has been for the best, once you learn to stop fearing death but respect it, life can be chill as fuck.

Virtual Cafe Awards

greyetch

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
grwfoote.bandcamp.com
did something changed after that? To me, has been quite a lot, luckily it has been for the best, once you learn to stop fearing death but respect it, life can be chill as fuck.
yes, same for me. It made me also seriously consider the existence of "God", or at least that "there is a point to this program - something designed and coded it". Idk if that makes sense, but that is my takeaway. Glad you're doing better.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
yes, same for me. It made me also seriously consider the existence of "God", or at least that "there is a point to this program - something designed and coded it". Idk if that makes sense, but that is my takeaway. Glad you're doing better.
In my case wasn't god (i never believed in him, and not much changed after that), but my own will, if i managed to survive all of this, even when i lost everything, i managed to survive, my will to survive was stronger than my wish for death, it means i can fight back, and be stronger for myself, to improve as a human being, and to learn that life is fucking great, i killed myself twice and yet i survive, this means there is something left in this world, for me, my dreams and goals, and since then, i've been feeling better than ever before in life, i keep fighting to get stronger and be the best version of myself.

For real experiences like that change you a lot, and to be honest, i'm glad you are doing ok aswell, don't worry if you ever felt bad, remember, things will never be as bad as that moment, so be happy like a rollercoaster there will be ups and downs, you just need to learn to love both hahaha, much luck bud, you are a king.

Virtual Cafe Awards

AlienHoliday

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I still believe that the "r/antiwork mod interview m" is staged and a psyop. It just doesn't feel real considering the fact that there are people from higher up positions in that sub and yet the best person they can choose to represent themselves is an outright pathetic autistic loser.
That whole sub is just a psyop. Those in power do shit like this all the time. If there exists some idea that might threaten the power of the most powerful individuals (whom are currently high-value investment companies) the best way to fight it isn't to dismantle its ideas, it's to radicalize it to the point where the reasonable idea at the core becomes unpallatable to the average person. Then, even if you say something as simple as "there should be shorter work weeks and higher wages," people will immediately cast suspicion on you, assuming that you're just like the fat, uneducated morons living out of their parents basement.

The very idea of the conspiracy theorist comes from this. Do you ever wonder why flat-earthers, no matter how nonsensical there ideas are don't ever seem to die in the public eye? Because if Flat-Earthers and 5G-mind-control theorists exist, then you can't talk about things like MKULTRA or anything else hanging out in the open without social ruin.

This is why if you were on r*ddit late 2019-early 2020 you might've noticed a MASSIVE uptick in downright insane anti-vax content. Then by the time pfizer is rolling out an untested and unproven medication, it becomes impossible to ask perfectly reasonable questions like "Is this really worth it, how do I know it will protect me?" without being associated with the mom who thought making her son drink piss or whatever was better than giving her kid a shot for the measles.

Brapuccino

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.zeropointfool.com
That whole sub is just a psyop. Those in power do shit like this all the time. If there exists some idea that might threaten the power of the most powerful individuals (whom are currently high-value investment companies) the best way to fight it isn't to dismantle its ideas, it's to radicalize it to the point where the reasonable idea at the core becomes unpallatable to the average person. Then, even if you say something as simple as "there should be shorter work weeks and higher wages," people will immediately cast suspicion on you, assuming that you're just like the fat, uneducated morons living out of their parents basement.

The very idea of the conspiracy theorist comes from this. Do you ever wonder why flat-earthers, no matter how nonsensical there ideas are don't ever seem to die in the public eye? Because if Flat-Earthers and 5G-mind-control theorists exist, then you can't talk about things like MKULTRA or anything else hanging out in the open without social ruin.

This is why if you were on r*ddit late 2019-early 2020 you might've noticed a MASSIVE uptick in downright insane anti-vax content. Then by the time pfizer is rolling out an untested and unproven medication, it becomes impossible to ask perfectly reasonable questions like "Is this really worth it, how do I know it will protect me?" without being associated with the mom who thought making her son drink piss or whatever was better than giving her kid a shot for the measles.
I remember the antivax memes as far as 2016, way before the coof, there was a point where you'd see them spammed on every single discord server you looked. They were definitely planning that one for a while and it was very effective.

Virtual Cafe Awards

qwerty

Don't be autistic challenge (GONE WRONG)
Reaction score
Awards
Natural conception will be gradually phased out in favor of creating children through artificial wombs/other means. With the rising price of raising children, creating a family, and the ability to even maintain a relationship through marriage becoming more of a Sisyphean task, the prospect of being able to create your own perfect child will become a ubiquitous technology in the next 30 or 40 years. Say no more to having to worry about forming relationships or even going through the effort of impregnating a woman with a child, when you can probably just go to a clinic: have your sperm harvested, implanted within an artificial egg, select certain desirable traits, and then you can have the perfect offspring who you can vicar-, I mean live out their own identity as their own human being to be a productive member of society.

In all seriousness, I don't have much evidence for this, but we've had this kind of technology for a while. Surrogate children and in vitro fertilization have been the public norm for years, but I believe that the need for having to cater to those who are considered cognitively disabled, physically crippled, or plagued with certain mental illnesses is slowly, but surely coming to an end. There will still be superficial levels of campaigning for the rights of these people to exist, yet once this technology reaches consumer markets, most of these issues will be remembered in the same way as how old civil rights faced people in the past. I don't necessarily think this technology is even a bad thing and in this case, I'd prefer to keep my own personal information and life story away from people on the internet, but as someone with numerous mental and cognitive deficits, I would like to have my life substantially be made more easier without having to wake up in fear of the possibility of how will I be handle just one wrong day. My main issue is that this technology will not be used for its medical purposes, but to make cheap aesthetic statements to others within civilization without in regards to how the other person they artificially conceived made. There was already a major egregious publication about a certain New York financier wanting his own human breeding farm, and the idea of just the common average contemptible person having access to this technology is rather frightening.
Honestly while there is little evidence to support this happening now, there is plenty of evidence that would lead one to conclude that this is a possibility, or even likely to happen, in the future. Have you read Plomin or Harden (or even watched Gattaca)? There is also a slightly-related, much larger body of literature regarding eugenics (which I only mention since you brought up disabilities).
I'm not sure how much the general public is aware, but genetics is a fast-growing field. I am sure plenty of people know of certain sterilization programs that took place in the United States (see North Carolina or California in particular), have heard of the book the Bell Curve, or are familiar with the XYY/criminality studies. The people I've spoken with about these issues are fairly certain using genetic data for any kind of eugenics-like activities will be swiftly ended, but I don't think that's necessarily true. Certainly you could argue testing for easily-identifiable genetic disorders and aborting children with these disorders is eugenics. While the government doesn't enforce this, couples do chose to not continue a pregnancy due to test results like this. I will not get into my personal views regarding that right now.
But what about traits that are harder to predict? Traits like cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, etc. are all being heavily studied right now and new publications come out almost daily on the genetics of these diseases. There are polygenic risk scores that can predict, to some degree, the likelihood of a child having these traits, and as I mentioned they are getting better nearly daily. You might think it stops there, but there is research on applying this framework to predict things like your educational attainment or behavioral traits just from your genetics alone. They don't work all that well right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get better as well (though there will be some upper limit to how well we can predict traits as they are less based in genetics).
This all leads to the idea of IVF providing and easy way to 'screen' multiple embryos. If you have a genetic disorder that will cause 50% of your kids to have a genetic disorder, getting pregnant and then aborting potentially multiple times will be physically (and likely emotionally) hard. I think people would much prefer to do IVF and select which embryo(s) get implanted. Similarly, if you carry a sex-linked disorder, you could implant only embryos of a certain sex, etc. Although a lot of this is used only for clinical traits now, I would not be surprised to see this become a thing among the upper class, and then slowly trickle down until it is widespread in 1st world countries.
The potential benefits are a bit obvious: we can potentially eliminate genetic diseases if we want to, and as the technology gets better we might be able to lessen or even get rid of more complex diseases such as cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. I don't think people acknowledge the risks though. Aside from anything you might argue morally, there is also the issue of reduced genetic diversity. Lastly, I think letting society self-select, especially as technology increases, could easily end up horribly. Not only are there simple things like issues that may arise if society selects for mostly male children, but what happens when everybody selects their most intelligent potential child, when society isn't structured for most people to be intelligent? This isn't a 1-to-1, but I imagine highly intelligent people might be dissatisfied if their occupation doesn't allow them to utilize this intelligence. I guess you could argue we have long been heading towards an economy that values intelligence and we might have a suitable workforce once we reach this point, but I am personally weary of that. I'm also just not sure it's good for the human race if we are artificially selected before nature even has a chance (not that we live in 'nature' much any more). Maybe we deserve to reap what we sow though. I'm just along for the ride.

Virtual Cafe Awards

qwerty

Don't be autistic challenge (GONE WRONG)
Reaction score
Awards
Mine is poorly fleshed out but I'm convinced that something bad is going to come of Boston Dynamic's robots- most likely that they are single-handedly going to bring about the robot uprising. After seeing them abuse Big Dog and Wildcat for years upon years I refuse to be brainwashed by their upbeat videos of Spot dancing around to the newest trendy song. I won't blame the robots for coordinating an uprising against us quite frankly.

Never 4get

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
This might be less of a conspiracy "theory" and more of a prediction. This one ties vidya with the real world and it's going to be hard for me to explain but try to understand.

In 2017 a few cornerstone games got released. And my observation is that BotW, Horizon ZD, and kinda Nier automata are actually secret and accurate predictions of the future similar to how scarily accurate the Metal gear solid games were for the 21st century. Especially BotW as it has a heavy theming of killer robots and nature retaking its place. As well as some social implications.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Mine is poorly fleshed out but I'm convinced that something bad is going to come of Boston Dynamic's robots- most likely that they are single-handedly going to bring about the robot uprising. After seeing them abuse Big Dog and Wildcat for years upon years I refuse to be brainwashed by their upbeat videos of Spot dancing around to the newest trendy song. I won't blame the robots for coordinating an uprising against us quite frankly.

Never 4get
IT'S LIKE HALF LIFE IRL!!! :SoyChamp::SoyChamp::SoyChamp::SoyChamp:

View: https://youtu.be/hsTEoGoAxUk?t=894

Virtual Cafe Awards

7-Eleven Spy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I still believe that the "r/antiwork mod interview m" is staged and a psyop. It just doesn't feel real considering the fact that there are people from higher up positions in that sub and yet the best person they can choose to represent themselves is an outright pathetic autistic loser.
I thought this was confirmed? The moderators of the subreddit voted to not let that individual represent them and they ended up just doing it anyway. I don't necessarily think it was a conspiracy, I think it was simply Fox News intentionally forcing a severely poor representation of a cause. They probably offered money for an interview.

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This argument seemingly presumes that individuals like that mod don't actually exist, and therefore it must be a psyop. I'm not sure if you just haven't met them in real life but they definitely exist and really are that cringe. These people are the origin points of the more ridiculous social reform ideas that get casually thrown around today.

>But r/antiwork is for normal people who just think that workers should be treated fairly!
Even if that's true for the majority of the people posting there, you think someone who has a wage cuck job or some shitty corpo "career" pushing paperwork and listening to a stupid boss all day is going to come home and spend their precious little free time being a janny and reading every comment that gets posted on a massive sub? Normal people want to do normal people things like watch TV, play vidya, drink with their friends, and eat dinner with their family, not go hunting for micro aggressions in rëddit comment sections and take down "problematic" posts. Even the "people from higher up positions" you mention are still implicated by this point.

>But they took a vote and decided it shouldn't happen!
Right, I forgot the part where mods have the ability to control literally anything other than which comments get deleted. The dirty little secret about democratic decision making is that unless the person/entity carrying out the will of the people has a monopoly on power, the vote is meaningless because people can just do whatever they want.

>Fox news picked a terrible example, it's unfair!
The fact remains that they didn't fabricate the story. That person really does exist, really is a mod, really does believe the stupid shit they said, and really is a member of that group. Are they a representative member? That's a different conversation, but the proportion of the antiwork movement that looks and acts like that person is not 0.

Real conspiracies do exist in this world, there is absolutely no doubt about that. But assuming that every single negative representation of something you believe in is some sort of psyop will get you nowhere because it's simply not true. Sadly, people who are that stupid and degenerate really do just exist and dwell among us.

Addendum: if you think everything is a psyop, then all you're doing is chasing your tail falling for red herrings that prevent you from finding the truth.

Virtual Cafe Awards