What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

Dance Dance Revolution

jaedaen

Stay a while, and listen.
Reaction score
Awards
Hey fuckers,

Any of you all ever play any DDR? I was quite good back in the early 2000s, though I mostly played at home then. I was quite fit in those days, and it was the only thing to ever motivate me to do so. I remember the elation when I beat MAX 300 for the first time, swimming in sweat. The high was incredible.

This fat fucker wants to get in to shape again. I'm more interested in how it made me feel than anything. I bought a new pad, an L-TEK EX PRO 2, it seems quite responsive and stable thus far, though I'm only really doing 6-8 footers (old difficulty scale, so what's that, 9-12?) at the moment on Stepmania 5 via old DDR packs. I'm working my way through the catalog. My stamina is absolute shit, and my basic foot patterns are extremely sloppy compared to back in the day, but I'm old and it's been so long since I've done this. Crossovers still mostly feel pretty natural at least.

It might be fun to compete with someone or a couple of people around my same level by posting a song and practicing it for a week to compare high scores or something. Anyone interested? Seems like everyone plays bar nowadays which is something I will never do, as I am forever a member of House Barless. To me, a jump means a JUMP. Not denigrating you min-maxers out there, I just don't understand that style of play at all.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
bantcraft.neocities.org
I LOVED Dance Dance Revolution back in the mid-2000's. My cousin had it at her house and I played it nonstop with her every time I went over. IMO it's the quintessential kids game, but it's just so awesome that people of just about any age can play it and have a blast. I'd wanna get my own pad and play again but I suspect it wouldn't be as much fun if I was just by myself.

Virtual Cafe Awards

JamBrain

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
jambrain.neocities.org
I used to be super into DDR when I was younger! I would go to the arcade a few times a month when they had cheap token days and crowd around the machine with like 6 other people waiting for our turns. I even used to own one of those nice handmade wooden/metal pads that cost me a pretty penny to ship out to my home. If you're already at 9-10 footers, then you're getting back into the groove just fine OP, the muscle memory will come back to you in time :NekoNatsukiHappy:

I'm still trying to find a working DDR cab in my city, all I've found is a defunct MAX2 machine and one of the new pump it up cabs. Not dissing PiU players, but I can never get used to diagonal movement, every time I'm "flowing" my old habits kick in and I go back to playing the cardinals.

Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I really liked that darude - sandstorm track on theoriginal DDR. I really liked to do ddr while stoned as a teen. It's good to have rhythm and motion in your life!

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holeliness
Reaction score
Awards
Used to be super into osu!mania when I was younger, got around to entry-level 4 star maps and always wanted to play DDR, but I could never find any cabinets. All the arcades in Melbourne fucking suck. It's all filled with those kiddy gambling machines and mobile game knock-offs. I only found one place that had anything similar but it was quite expensive and I'm pretty sure they got rid of it.

Virtual Cafe Awards