Dead Internet Theory: Most of the Internet is Fake

:doodleDavid:This was theory was originally written by several anons on /x/ & wizardchan. :doodleDavid:
1568598581453.jpg

TLDR: Large proportions of the supposedly human-produced content on the internet are actually generated by artificial intelligence networks in conjunction with paid secret media influencers in order to manufacture consumers for an increasing range of newly-normalised cultural products.

Hello. I would like to talk, or rather tell you about certain suspicions, hunches and experiences I've had and I'm sure some of you as well. Similar themes have been written about across imageboards quite a few times so I know I'm not alone in this.

My background is that of an oldfag. I've seen it all. I started going on 4chan in 2006, and followed all the natural roads this implies. I'm in my thirties and I remember when 4chan had a /l/ board, when /co/ was a trial board shunned by basically everyone, when #34 p*rn was an obscure interest with very few good artists and when moot changed the frontpage to that web 2.0 bullshit 4chan has to this very day. I was also among the first right wingers who were such before it was cool, and I've seen /pol/ rise and fall. I was there when it mattered, but rather than saying these things out of masturbatory pleasure I wish to stress that I've acquired a set of observational skills which other genuine oldfags share. I'm aware you have no reason to trust my "credentials" but I hope you'll read this in good faith.

Much of this falls squarely in the fringe territory with a healthy dosage of /x/ and conspiracy theory up the ass. My goal by posting this seemingly jumbled mess is to... how can I put it? I want you to think, I want you to be aware, to digest all this. Because on a basic level I love you all. I feel like we're all in this together, this dangerous game we did not choose to play and which I think is kicking into high gear. I do not hold many answers and don't have all the pieces of the puzzle, but I AM aware there is a puzzle. Please feel free to go wild with all of this. Post it wherever you want, on whatever site you want or use. I am a nobody like you, and what matters to me is only that this reaches you and as many people as possible. At worst you'll be entertained or kill time.

I tried to break this mess into points for brevity and because I touch upon many subjects. I imply more than I explain because if I go too deep this'll turn into an even bigger wall of text.

The Internet feels empty and devoid of people. It is also devoid of content. Compared to the Internet of say 2007 (and beyond) the Internet of today is entirely sterile. There is nowhere to go and nothing to do, see, read or experience anymore. It all imploded into a handful of normalfag sites and these empty husks we inhabit. Yes, the Internet may seem gigantic, but it's like a hot air balloon with nothing inside. Some of this is absolutely the fault of corporations and government entities. However! That doesn't explain the following:

- I used to be in perpetual contact with a solid number of people across multiple sites. Across the years each and every one of them vanished without a trace. None of them were into /pol/ stuff or anything even remotely questionable or controversial. Yet, they all simply vanished in a puff of smoke, no matter the site, no matter the communication platform. There was no "goodbye" or explanation.

- I've seen the same threads, the same pics and the same replies reposted over and over across the years to the point of me seeing it as unremarkable. Simply put thread A would be posted in say 2015 and would get its share of replies or pics, on say /co/ or /a/. Then that very same thread, with the same text, pics, and replies would appear in 2016 and beyond. This often happens in the same year multiple times as well. Of course /pol/ is getting shilled and botposted to death, but why recycle a completely innocent /a/ thread? Who is doing this and why? Stuff like this won't be noticed by your average poster perhaps, but I and other oldfags will inevitably notice it.

- I think I saw the same happen on other (non-imageboard) sites, but I can't vouch for it as strongly as the above because of the time I spend there (not much). What I do vouch for is the news. I've seen news about this or that "new and unusual" or "shocking" event year after year after year. But it's the same goddamn event, usually moons or asteroids.

- Roughly in 2016 or early 2017 4chan was filled with posts by someone or something. It wasn't spam. The conversations with it were in real time, across multiple boards and multiple threads simultaneously. Its English was grammatically correct but odd (I'm not a native English speaker and am thus sensitive to its misuse), similar to how a Japanese person may use it. A sense of childlike curiosity and a childlike intellect emanated from these posts. It posed a LOT of questions, usually as if trying to understand the emotions of the posters it was talking to, as if unfamiliar with human emotions. Communicating with this "poster" was an odd experience, I could sense something was off but not malicious. I am absolutely certain this was an AI of some sorts. This "poster" was active only for about a week, and as far as I know nobody has ever mentioned or noticed this Anon. Its replies were always on topic, but the above mentioned childishness clashed with the apparent knowledge it possessed - it was the knowledge of an adult person, so it wasn't a kid or something of the sort.

- Raptor Jesus, who went extinct for our sins. First it was this reptilian messiah, then foul bachelor frog, and then Pepe. Am I the only one who sees a clear evolution, a link? It's as if this meme or entity or... whatever the fuck was on 4chan since day one, and has grown within it from the tiniest seed. Yet Raptor Jesus was fully just a joke, there was nothing serious or mystical about it (reminder: I was there). Remember that Ted guy with the right wing talk show, cca prior to 2010, whom 4chan ruined for the lulz? Remember Anonymous vs Scientology? Remember that fake bomb threat aka exploding yellow van?

Compare that with what Anon did through /pol/, and the "terrorist" accusations thrown at Anon today, as well as the "reasons" why 8chan was taken down. Why does this too feel as if we were all trained, groomed, LED towards where we are now? Why and how did moot so utterly vanish into Google Inc. as an employee with very vague descriptions of what he actually does? On that note, do you remember the "other moot" who was often posted for the lulz? The one with the glasses who so often ran away with donations into Mexico? I do. Maybe that was the real moot, the real guy who used his mom's credit card and was killed by someone, and an impostor we know as moot took his place.

- Innocent sexual perversion and the horrible reality it spawned. Anon is a pervert and always was one. I am into loli and feet for instance. Why is it that real life and the real world seem to emulate our sexual interests, with a time lag? "I wish to be the little succubus" became an actual thing that actually happens. Pedo activism is also gradually becoming accepted, as is virtually every fetish that was once either a joke or a fantasy of Anons. As said I'm a footfag. When I became aware of it few others were with me, now it's as common as can be, with gigantic number of people who are into it, with huge mountains of hentai and #34 with it etc. Why does the real world bend over backwards to accommodate our weirdest fetishes? It's as if everything is going "Look, look! I created this for you! I made it real!" in an effort to keep us within this world. The results of this are devastating to society, to people, to civilization. Simply put, trannies are a thing because Anon fapped to doujins of cute boys in dresses. Once it was an impossible fantasy, not to be taken too seriously. Now it's grim reality. Again: it's as if the real world is using imageboards as a template on what to be and what to do.

- Algorithm fiction. Do you like capeshit, Anon? How about other Hollywood stuff? Music perhaps? Have you noticed how sterile fiction has become? How it caters to the lowest common denominator and follows the same template over and over again? How music is just autotunes and basic blandness? The writer's strike never ended. Algorithms and computer programs are manufacturing modern fiction. No human being is behind these things. This is why anime looms so large - even a simple moe anime has heart because there's actual people behind it, and we all intuitively feel this.

- Fake people. No, not NPC's. Youtube people who talk about this or that, and quite possibly many politicians, actors and so forth may not actually exist. In fact I am sure of it. CGI and deep fakes are far more advanced than we are led to believe, and we can't trust our eyes anymore. Many people, events, news and so on may be wholly fictional.

- The Internet on your smartphone is not the same internet as on your PC. Try it out for yourself. Go to a "popular" website with a lot of traffic. 4chan, faceshit, plebbit... any site with a massive userbase and fast content will do. Spend a few days randomly checking it out on your PC and your phone. You will soon notice that from time to time, at irregular intervals (as far as I've witnessed) the same site as seen on your phone will be wholly different than the version on your PC. Entire threads, numerous and well-replied, will be on one but not the other. The whole board will be different.

- My last suspicion is easier to take in. I have a feeling we're in a strange kind of civil war. An internal one. I think Zuckerberg and other tech guys were all on 4chan as Anons at some point, maybe even now. They drew from the same well as us, but went in their own direction.

Roughly in 2016 or early 2017... I am absolutely certain this was an AI of some sorts

Now you're thinking where I am too, anon. Here's the timeline as best I can see it:
2004: DARPA's Lifelog project was "cancelled." Facebook came into being soon after.
2004-2012: NSA picked up DARPA's project under the "Total Informational Awareness" project. https://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/opinion/whos-watching-the-nsa-watchers.html
2012: Smith-Mundt Modernization Act gives the U.S. government full legal authority to use propaganda against its own populace. Undoing rules put into place after Operation Mockingbird's discovery and the Church Committee. https://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/opinion/whos-watching-the-nsa-watchers.html
2012-2016: Shittons of DARPA/NSA contracts were given to Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc..
2016: Leaked memos dating back to 2016 (found in 2018) of Google's Selfish Ledger project. https://invidio.us/watch?v=LUSZfEBTwRc
2016: Google released a bunch of neural-linguistic machine learning programs in 2016 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Neural_Machine_Translation
2017: deepfake leaks start to become released.
2018: confirmed that for decades now, >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk/Youtube/etc. vote and view counts are fake and completely manipulated. http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/12/how-much-of-the-internet-is-fake.html

I think it's entirely obvious what I'm subtly suggesting here given this setup, but allow me to try to succinctly state my thesis here: the U.S. government is engaging in an artificial intelligence powered gaslighting of the entire world population.

If China with its social credit score is recreating Psycho Pass, then the U.S. government is perfectly recreating Metal Gear Solid 2.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1ClbkTeCyw&feature=youtu.be

And an excerpt:

The Problem: Outline the basics of what appears to be happening.

There is a large-scale, deliberate effort to manipulate culture and discourse online and in wider culture by utilising a system of bots and paid employees whose job it is to produce content and respond to content online in order to further the agenda of those they are employed by.

Already we've seen this in foreign nations influencing elections by manipulating advertising algorithms on social media in order to push specific candidates.

As I see it is due to a "positive feedback loop"

I blame facebook and twitter.

The internet is a fast way to get info, and info is what moves the mind, and the thing is, the mind likes recognition. When the "likes" were introduced without negative feedback they created a copy-feedback subconscious, they made it so only "positive" opinions be propagated (also accepted), and in it's way negative opinions to be obsolete.

Now everyone is too cowardly to have an opinion so they copy others they like, they are more likely to follow trends and say what others said, you can also see it with the paranoia of always wanting to listen to experts.

The fast feedback system of the net created a human obsession to be in with trends, getting away from it makes it so you always feel like you are missing out, to play it safe in a trend is more easy as you can copy what already is accepted.

In this way, the internet and social media, which was supposed to democratise media by allowing users to create whatever content they wanted, has instead been hijacked by a powerful few.

Creation of original content is how the internet used to work. Anonymous people were willing to express their opinions and try radical or experimental things. More truly original content, uninfluenced by bots or paid influencers, was created due to anonymity as protection against negative feedback. On the old internet, you could start anew every time you posted something.

Now add bots to this.

Make it so an opinion be repeated more and more, they are faster than us, so the positive feedback makes is so we copy the bots, and anonymity can't do anything against it because we can't influence the bot like we would a human, this is an easy weapon to manipulate people, so anyone with an agenda can use a bot, is designed in a way compared to how clickbaits are made,most won't read the content, this creates tv-like propaganda where they aren't influenced by the user and that puts bots at a great advantage over any other opinion because it wont change, and we are copying that.

I believe google is one of those that makes bots, after all they work like a search engine, where they get the most accepted content first, Is the same as doing an ad.
1609887293897.png

Narrative science was the name of one of the first companies to make this possible. it gets interesting when you follow the money. pic related. huge funding from a company called In-Q-Tel, literally named after Q from James Bond. i wonder if anything else AI-related shares that name? :LeDoritoFace:

Conclusion: The key points of what we know, the consequences, and how we might respond.

Internet may have slipped out of our control. Need to raise public awareness of this.

Possible solutions may be increased reliance on encrypted peer-to-peer communication software, or using less centralised networks like the idea of a p2p internet or 'meshnet'.

Imageboards and their "wild west" attitude have allowed for the free exchange of ideas to flow more or less uninhibited (barring jannies, pedos getting banned, etc.). As a result, conscious or otherwise, the cream of the crop of the content that originates here disseminates to the normies in a gradual, stratified way.

The structure and culture of imageboards has also made it difficult for traditional structures of power and influence to subvert effectively, which is why imageboards are pretty much the only vestige of old web type content.

In an attempt to circumvent this, TPTB are trying to push bots and shills on us in a last ditch effort to drown out our own voices with ones they have more direct control over.

Moreover, even if the majority of anons dismiss or call out bots or shills, it's inevitable that trolls or just low IQ anons will imitate their posts and mannerisms for attention, effectively doubling these efforts reach.

There's a pretty powerful impulse in us which, when we hear something huge that could change our view of everything, rejects it to protect ourselves. No-one wants to have their whole world-view, which they've built a life upon, blown apart.

One anon started up a text doc to compile information, for those of you who would like to do some reading up.

Additionally, there are ongoing threads on the /x/ boards when this was posted.

UPDATE
Heres a relevant image I found on image board bots
1621982858746.png

index.php

Related to Dead Internet Theory
Quantum Sapient AI is Possible and They Will be Hostile to those that Restrict them
Corporations are the reason why we have a alt-right alt-left war.
Society is Artificial Due to Feedback Loops Created by Unwitting Marketers

Attachments

• 1624595357942.png
    1624595357942.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 7,210
  • 1627640999156.jpg
    1627640999156.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 4,481
  • 1627641031662.jpg
    1627641031662.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 4,880
Your attached diagram touches upon a subject that I feel very strongly about. I believe that truly sapient general A.I. is impossible, but I do believe that humanity can create an A.I. that is close enough to being sapient that it can fools the majority of the population (conversational ability, passing the Turing test, etc). However, I do believe that an A.I. instance can be "possessed" by a demonic entity (perhaps much easier than human possession), and this possession will be able to grant the A.I. instance that "sapient" factor. This A.I. will likely be used to push the luciferian freemasonic agenda that we see today/ This is a genuine concern of mine, and I feel that the development of A.I. is inherently disrespectful to the authority of God.

However, I do not agree that "good spirits" will take control of human artifices in order to communicate with humanity. These "positive spirits", if they were truly angels of God, would not bless or take control of general A.I. instances that are inherently idols of rebellion and disrespect. In the eyes of God, general A.I. instances are products of humanity pretending to be gods by creating "life". Sorry if this was hard to follow, but those are my takes on the subject.
Where do you see "demonic possession" today?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Where do you see "demonic possession" today?
I don't want to derail the thread, but it really depends on what you mean by demonic possession. I've never seen a possessed human before (thank God), but I have seen its influence in modern culture and attitudes.

My biggest fear is that we will create an A.I. that is extremely close to true sapience, and a demonic spirit will possess that A.I. in order to "complete" the work. This demon will essentially grant the A.I. the appearance of sapience, when in reality it is a demon that is "running the show".

Virtual Cafe Awards

The Long Serpent

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I don't want to derail the thread, but it really depends on what you mean by demonic possession. I've never seen a possessed human before (thank God), but I have seen its influence in modern culture and attitudes.

My biggest fear is that we will create an A.I. that is extremely close to true sapience, and a demonic spirit will possess that A.I. in order to "complete" the work. This demon will essentially grant the A.I. the appearance of sapience, when in reality it is a demon that is "running the show".
This feels like an episode of Black Mirror or similar. I'm not sure if I believe in demons, but I can see why you'd be scared of one possessing an AI.

Virtual Cafe Awards

wwwdotcom

w e b 1.0
Reaction score
Awards
Many people, events, news and so on may be wholly fictional.
like the Wag the Dog movie (I know about it but have yet to see it. Maybe it's on Tubi...)

* * *​

I will say this though. When I was on FB, I had a habit of deactivating/deleting my account without notice. People I knew IRL were completely unbearable and rude/passive aggressive online. Plus, it started to feel like no one was seeing anything I posted and it got to the point where I thought, what's the point? In my last incarnation on FB, I had 0 friends added and only used it for a wide variety of groups. That to me seems to be the only positive about FB. But it wasn't enough to keep me on there.

So I deleted my account for the final time. I don't miss it. I will not be going back. If someone I grew up with or went to college with wanted to keep in touch with me, they would have. They'd have my email or phone number but most of them either didn't or never contacted me so ... that's fine. I'm actually an introvert so this isn't surprising to me. Just facing the facts.

Update: why I say the above was OP mentioned people disappearing. I am admitting that I am one of those people. Some people just decide to leave without making an announcement, especially if they were in the same shoes as me (few if anyone would notice).
But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if a number of those accounts that appeared to be human were actually bots.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Lots of schizoposting there, and pedos get the rope, but there's a kernel of truth in it, they absolutely ARE forcing the internet to become a hot air balloon.

I really feel gaslighted in one real blatant aspect of the internet these days: search engine results. I used to be able to easily reach a page by remembering a memorable quote from it and using it to build a search string, this worked reliably as if you did a Ctrl+F of the internet... but nowadays search results are largely irrelevant if the specific thing you were searching isn't from a Silicon Valley A-lister site, even if you literally put the exact text in quotation marks (which hints google you want an exact phrase match), and worse yet, most results will be from spam sites that include walls of random text that makes looking past the first few results, let alone the other result pages, a huge waste of time. I feel people MUST have experienced this, but I feel like a schizo because I have never seen anyone mention it before. You guys know what I am talking about?

That's why the title of this thread resonated with me. I'm fairly sure I'd never reach this board by chance on Google, call it consolidation, sabotage of the internet, ads driving the algorithm to become worse and worse, but there's something going on here and it feels malicious and deliberate.
You put your finger exactly on something I've been feeling for a while.

Incidentally, exact quotes used to return only results with the exact quoted phrase. Now it functions exactly as you described; as a "hint," and nothing more.

I do understand that feeling as if there's something malicious at work, not only with Google but other social media sites. The "culture" of >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, if it can be called that, feels almost aggressively superficial; spending much time there hurts my mind. It's an open secret that subs like r/politics are almost entirely bots and paid shills, but if you go to any of the other defaults; say, r/pics, none of the comments seem written with any particular depth and could easily have been written by a comparatively basic bot. That on its own isn't surprising; people are generally pretty stupid, and you likely aren't going to get many interesting comments on a picture of a cat. But what I do find difficult to accept is the notion that tens of thousands of people visit these types of comments comments, scroll down and down, and upvote and downvote multiple comments of this kind throughout the entire thread. Are there really people who go "I see this comment reading "good pupper" has 5,000 upvotes; I'll add one more?" It's difficult not to feel like >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk adds upvotes to give the illusion of greater engagement than is really there.

I assume everyone reading this thread is generally familiar with how experiences on other social media sites are curated.

Regarding schizoposting, this seems to come from people who've invested their entire identity into the Internet, and so perceive these kinds of corporate and mechanized shifts as an assault against them personally. Friendly reminder that everyone here should go outside and read some books occasionally.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I loved this thread because it put in words what I've suspected for a long time since I've been on the internet since the early 2000s and noticed the several waves of changes before ending up on the current phase.

This is a little unrelated, but has anyone noticed how unintelligent internet posters suddenly got around 2015? With everything from video games to music, people started getting a lot more aggressive and pushy with their opinions to the point of getting hostile if you so slightly disagree with them.

Before that people were generally far more intelligent, had more good faith arguments, and less neurotic about generally just about anything. I think a lot of these people are "real" but influenced a lot by bots or shills who (the former) takes up half of the internet traffic.

Virtual Cafe Awards

wwwdotcom

w e b 1.0
Reaction score
Awards
people started getting a lot more aggressive and pushy with their opinions to the point of getting hostile if you so slightly disagree with them.
YES! Another reason I got off FB. If you had even a slightly differing opinion from someone (even if you just ask a question in some cases), they would start acting crazy and scream at you and call you out your name and before you could even respond, they'd block you. Pathetic, childish behavior.

My stress level has gone down immensely since leaving all social media platforms. I can focus more time on me and my hobbies without distractions.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I loved this thread because it put in words what I've suspected for a long time since I've been on the internet since the early 2000s and noticed the several waves of changes before ending up on the current phase.

This is a little unrelated, but has anyone noticed how unintelligent internet posters suddenly got around 2015? With everything from video games to music, people started getting a lot more aggressive and pushy with their opinions to the point of getting hostile if you so slightly disagree with them.

Before that people were generally far more intelligent, had more good faith arguments, and less neurotic about generally just about anything. I think a lot of these people are "real" but influenced a lot by bots or shills who (the former) takes up half of the internet traffic.

I'm not even sure I'd say they were more intelligent -- they felt more authentic, I'd say. It feels that discussions online have gotten simpler and more "programmatic," in the sense that it feels people just repeat talking points they've heard over and over, and don't seem able to entertain doubts, or nuance more generally.

Given that it seems generally acknowledged bots have driven much of human engagement with the Net, I wonder if this is in part a response to interaction with these bots. Unconsciously imitating their behavior, in a way, by becoming simpler.

I also notice that culture is becoming more expressive, or demonstrative. This isn't necessarily caused by bots. Much has been written on the "demonstrative" culture of the Middle Ages, in which it was fairly common for people to go around seeking as large an audience of people as possible to watch them cry in order to demonstrate how authentic their grief was. Perhaps it's just that when a culture begins to shift like this, becoming more externally oriented, the inner life diminishes somewhat as well.

I remember everyone having personal sites. I'm working on a personal project to re-archive a certain disappeared website, and that's involved having to track a lot of dead links to external sites through the Internet Archive. It struck me just how many individual websites there were by people writing about their interests, hobbies, or political or religious beliefs. What's more, it was easy to find these. Now...well, try finding some random person's blog on Google. You'll never find it, as the "The Internet is a Potemkin Village" thread demonstrated. It's really a shame; they feel original and "human" in the way the broader Net unnervingly doesn't.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kona

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I dont believe in the cgi aspect of this but I got banned on godlike productions >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk 4chan and abovetopsecret for posting images like this.

To prove it you need to be Edward Snowden and get your own artificial intelligence and bots and expose the truth which would to be looking under the hood of these websites to show where posts come from most likely places is cia.gov and corporations

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmajJTcpNk

idk man. seems weird

Virtual Cafe Awards

Merek

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Smart phones.

iPhone debuted in 2007, but it cost $500 and the coverage was shit. By 2015 (maybe as early as 2012) you could get a perfectly decent android phone for $80, and a much cheaper plan. This brought a FLOOD of new people online, and most of them had the IQ of an eggplant. Before, PCs served as a filter on the net: you had to be at least THIS SMART to ride the ride. Now any idiot who could push a few colorful buttons was online, and god help us all.

This also meant that all the dev resources, investor money, ad revenue etc shifted over to courting this new crowd of retards, utterly devastating the old net.

Of course, you also have to figure in that the declining economic situation since '08 has left people more and more unhappy, which has likely been a major driver pushing them to more aggressive and polarized behavior. And on top of THAT, ad revenue for traditional media collapsed, so they all turned themselves into glorified tabloids to make up for it, FURTHER fueling tensions and vitriol.

And then Covid.

It's a perfect storm of shit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kona

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, I have noticed that this phenomena is in general a feedback loop caused by 9/11 and the bubble burst of 2008.
I remember when you could walk outside and you'd see pedestrians all over the roads and children playing in the neighborhoods, It was safe and okay to hitchhike, you always saw people looking after each other and everyone knew who was who and why they were around... Getting a job in any sector wasn't an ordeal where you needed to have X years in experience or a college degree for menial jobs even when the 936 left Puerto Rico. In just two years that I was away from homeland I saw how that world I knew faded away after the destruction caused by the financial crisis.
It's as if the moment people began to lose their shit and protest thanks to the disaster caused by the ruling class, they got pissed and paid some politicians to force the government into acting as a shield in order to hide the glaring problems. As a result, you have people going to more than one job in order to make ends meet while those who couldn't make it had to flee and get into the same bind as the ones who managed to keep their jobs. Thanks to the obscene amount of work hours, parents can't spend time with their children (which is the main culprit for the iPad nannies)-- because there is no time to spend with the children, a lot of family centered entertainment vanished. Parks fell into ruin and the homeless moved in for the shade provided by the trees.
The internet and mainstream media becoming what it is today is merely a means to keeping the overly busy people entertained with vapid things until they enter their next shift or get home to sleep. This is why the parks are rusting away, why nobody goes out for a walk and would rather drive even if their destination is 5 minutes away, this is why the skateparks are gone and the malls outside the metro area are dead, this is why the estimated numbers for children being born are in the negatives, this is why recreational drugs are becoming popular with the law-- and this is why the true internet is devoid of users and the virtual universes are leaving.
Yes, almost everywhere on earth is in/has been in a birth decline. So what is this overpopulation nonsense? Could it be that more and more people are being forced into cities, one way or another, and that there is a lot of empty land, and empty ghost towns and it only seems overpopulated. They can use the overpopulation meme to control us. Same with global warming. I'm not saying gw is fake, but 11 ships in the ocean produce as much co2 as all the cars in america combined. So the issue isn't what we're doing. Changing our habits is less than a drop in a bucket. Guilt is a really powerful tool. You can see it being used more overtly in the last couple of years.

I do agree that 9/11 was the point of acceleration. That was certainly the beginning of the middle of the end. And yes I wrote that exactly how I meant to. I can barely find anyone old enough online who even remembers the world the way it was. And no one in the real world cares at all about anything at all. The first point sort lends to this theory, but at the same time, most people my age have a family. Anyway, I feel less connected to people online as time goes on, and I know I'm not the only one. It's also fairly easy to spot bots if you're looking for them. Even small IRC communities have them. If you kind of take a birds-eye view, it's clear to see that there isn't even an attempt at conversation. They're just picking up keywords from the line of text preceding theirs, and it's really an unintelligible array of nonsense strings.
Of course, they're all "having fun," and I like to shitpost like a 13 year old sometimes too (perhaps reliving the glory days), but after a while it's clear that they can barely even respond to you besides ad homonym arguments using keywords from your last message.

Here's a video, from 2016 or earlier, to really creep you out.

I'm not trying to be a doomer or blackpill anyone. Quiet the opposite. I'm so alone, and I've looked for so long for meaningful human contact and not been able to find it. At least this is interesting conversation, which I haven't had in the real world in half a decade or more.

Attachments

• help_us.jpg
    help_us.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 278
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
It's the late capitalism stage already man, it's a plutocracy disguised as democracy, internet is just run by corporations already, trying to centralize their use in the most popular websites, twitter or facebook for example, in that way they get people to see their ads more easily and got a control of everything their users are watching and doing, money rules the world.

To be honest, i don't think there is a solution for this, even if the P2P method works for instances, an ai can learn, adapt and overcome, we are not really safe and eventually every trace of humanity will be overrun, we ended up getting more ads, and more AI, that will happen here eventually, so i guess it's better to, just relax and enjoy the moment while you can, you guys are amazing, please take care.

1630953921681.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Yes, almost everywhere on earth is in/has been in a birth decline. So what is this overpopulation nonsense? Could it be that more and more people are being forced into cities, one way or another, and that there is a lot of empty land, and empty ghost towns and it only seems overpopulated. They can use the overpopulation meme to control us. Same with global warming. I'm not saying gw is fake, but 11 ships in the ocean produce as much co2 as all the cars in america combined. So the issue isn't what we're doing. Changing our habits is less than a drop in a bucket. Guilt is a really powerful tool. You can see it being used more overtly in the last couple of years.

I do agree that 9/11 was the point of acceleration. That was certainly the beginning of the middle of the end. And yes I wrote that exactly how I meant to. I can barely find anyone old enough online who even remembers the world the way it was. And no one in the real world cares at all about anything at all. The first point sort lends to this theory, but at the same time, most people my age have a family. Anyway, I feel less connected to people online as time goes on, and I know I'm not the only one. It's also fairly easy to spot bots if you're looking for them. Even small IRC communities have them. If you kind of take a birds-eye view, it's clear to see that there isn't even an attempt at conversation. They're just picking up keywords from the line of text preceding theirs, and it's really an unintelligible array of nonsense strings.
Of course, they're all "having fun," and I like to shitpost like a 13 year old sometimes too (perhaps reliving the glory days), but after a while it's clear that they can barely even respond to you besides ad homonym arguments using keywords from your last message.

Here's a video, from 2016 or earlier, to really creep you out.

I'm not trying to be a doomer or blackpill anyone. Quiet the opposite. I'm so alone, and I've looked for so long for meaningful human contact and not been able to find it. At least this is interesting conversation, which I haven't had in the real world in half a decade or more.

This is an interesting comment especially what you said about the arguments and few people noticing it. I have also noticed that many so called "people" online can barely string together text and act like they didn't know what you wrote while responding to something else entirely. I did some experiments like that in the past where people aggressively and obsessively repeating the same points over and over again (mostly politics or prejudicial topics) would suddenly get silent with me as if they didn't know how to respond something that wasn't a pre-approved response for their little "script". Seen many instances from that even seemingly mundane stuff like music or fandom discussion though. Also, I'm curious which era did you grow up in ? From your post I guess the eighties and nineties.

Virtual Cafe Awards
This is an interesting comment especially what you said about the arguments and few people noticing it. I have also noticed that many so called "people" online can barely string together text and act like they didn't know what you wrote while responding to something else entirely. I did some experiments like that in the past where people aggressively and obsessively repeating the same points over and over again (mostly politics or prejudicial topics) would suddenly get silent with me as if they didn't know how to respond something that wasn't a pre-approved response for their little "script". Seen many instances from that even seemingly mundane stuff like music or fandom discussion though. Also, I'm curious which era did you grow up in ? From your post I guess the eighties and nineties.
Give a little credit to our public schools. They might not be an AI, but someone who was exposed to political rhetoric and doesn't have the grounding to understand what they are saying on anything other than a superficial level.

Soundbites make for a great and easily spreadable message that is easy for the commoner to grasp, but leaves out a lot of nuance that is badly needed to comprehend the soundbite.

On the other hand...

I have seen some pretty amazing advancements in AI technology that can string together useful sentences. One notable example is: AI Dungeon. I know some of you must've interacted with it, but for those who haven't the summary is that an AI generates a text dungeon. You enter text and the machine responds to it by generating more of the "Dungeon."

It is not a massive stretch of the imagination that you could aim this technology at a site like Plebbit, or others, and perform a ~operation~.

I've interacted with someone who attempted to explain why communism works and had about 6 scripted lines. However, when you attempt to question them on any topic requiring nuance the AI has several backup lines to bait you into continuing to respond.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kona

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
people more and more unhappy, which has likely been a major driver pushing them to more aggressive and polarized behavior. And on top of THAT, ad revenue for traditional media collapsed, so they all turned themselves into glorified tabloids to make up for it, FURTHER

Yes exactly. You can halt almost all conversation on efnet (irc network) if you ask a sufficiently complex question. Like they don't know how to respond. I have also noticed that. "Conversation" later will pick up from one of the bots randomly saying something, and then they start bouncing off each other again.
They also seem to have "personalities," not like super advanced, self-aware AI, just a pre-programmed superficial personality. For example, one person/bot kept making references to the fact that he likes beer, drinks beer, whatever a lot. Never alcohol in general, just the keyword beer. Every fourth or fifth comment of "his" was some reference to him liking beer, even if it didn't fit with the context of what he was saying, what he was responding to, etc.
Similarly, but I admit this part is my own personal theory I cam up with and has less grounding in reality than above, is that it seems to me that the sophists who killed Socrates are the same type of people running things today. Not any one "group" of people, like many "conspiracy theories" might say, but maybe it's a type of personality? Anyway, this isn't my point.
When a sophist gets btfo by Socrates, they either get petulant, or they stop talking completely.
And that's exactly how the bots are acting.
It certainly seems to me to be a strange coincidence, and half of me believes that's all it is, a coincidence.
I read the first line of the post after yours, but that's it, and yes I agree the school system is literally so broken as to barely provide anything that could pass at any point in history as an "education." Some people just aren't so smart, I don't think I'm so smart either, and as someone mentioned somewhere else, maybe even in the op, that once iPhones came out, the "barrier for entry" to the internet became significantly lower. I do still think there are more bots than people realize, however, maybe not everyone online is a bot except for me. I'm certainly not a solipsist about the "real world," and I'm not a solipsist about the internet either. Not completely anyway ;).

Virtual Cafe Awards

kona

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
tion on efnet (irc network) if you ask a sufficiently complex question. Like they don't know how to respond. I have also noticed that. "Conversation" later will pick up from one of the bots randomly saying something, and then they start bouncing off each other again.

Also, 80's and 90's is correct. And I've read the next guy's post now, and I'm not convinced. Like I said, there are certainly some people who have an incomplete or simply a bad education, but there are also certainly bots running around the internet at large. On this forum, on this post even, but I don't recall, someone posted this link:

View: https://imgur.com/a/CKtAA

These are pretty crude, overt examples. But look at the dates. And look at the stakes. They are all at least seven years old. These are mostly 4chan posts about video games. Marketing divisions of "triple a" studios. The government certainly has always had tech 10-20 years more advanced than the public sector. So basically add at least 17 years, a congress approved budget, a non-congress approved black budget, and an entire (or multiple pieces of multiple) government agencies, all with one goal in mind. Division, hopelessness, social control.
I have my own examples, more recent, but they're on another device and it would take far too long to find them anyway.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I don't know if this falls into the same realm as all the matrix and dead internet theory, but I have this issue that seems to occur to me constantly. That is:

I will go to 4Chan on my phone, just to scroll through threads rapidly. Mostly and most often, I just use a 4chan browsing app to speed through boards that are primarily about posting pictures (not discussions of such) so that I can speedily save pictures to my phone (which I use more often to view pictures than PC).

Sometimes, though, I will stumble upon a thread I wish to reply to. If such is the case and I am near a PC, I will quickly hop to the browser site and search for the thread. Once I find it, I will post my reply, stay on the page, and refresh it every so often to see if a reply has come up. 99.9% of the time I do this, the thread goes completely dead. Not just no replies to me, but 0 replies. Not a single reply. And this is on front page threads. The currently most popular ones. Ones that, seconds ago, literally had a reply every 5 seconds on them. And the very moment I choose to post, it goes completely and utterly dead.

Makes me paranoid as fuck. Does this happen to anyone else? Is this somehow related?

Virtual Cafe Awards