Design a Fish Tank Challenge

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Didn't want to shit up the general with this. My friend and I were talking today about the general lack of interesting challenges in the show so far. We both expect things to get a bit more extreme as the 6-weeks goes on, possibly with the elimination challenge that is supposed to happen when the site goes back up, but so far they've been just okay. The rice counting challenge was definitely better than the sketch comedy, but even then it is really the concept of them doing it that is funny and not watching it. Goal of the thread is to come up with ideas that would be both entertaining for the viewers and psychologically taxing for the fishies. For those not following the Fish Tank, just imagine coming up with cracked reality TV challenges. My idea for a challenge below, it's pretty lame but I've only thought about it for a couple of minutes and it could be interesting with more development.

Challenge: Game Master
Duration: 12 Hours

Instructions: Chat votes for one of the fish to be made the Game Master. For the next 12 hours, all fish have to obey the GM's rules. These rules must apply to the whole group and cannot single out any particular fish. They must also be vetted and subject to the legal constraints that the overall show is. Fish can surrender and opt out of all the GM's rules at any point in the challenge. If they do so, they will be locked in their room under the remainder of the 12 hours is up. The GM wins if they can get all of the fish to surrender, if any are still left standing at the end of the 12 hours then those still surviving win.

Reward: $1,000 to either the Game Master or split between the surviving fish. Goal would be for the other fish to push the rest of them to surrender so that they can have a higher split of the $1,000.

Real Purpose: Have the fish harbour long term resentment against whoever the Game Master was for whatever stupid shit they make them do.

Challenge: Confessional
This one is less of a specific challenge and more of a change to something they already did. In the first couple of days, they made them all write who they thought was the weakest link and who would go home first. Mr. Goldstriker then read these out to the whole group, with the fish not knowing this was going to happen. I think this is at best a 5/10 execution of this concept. I've tried to make a modified version of it to make it more torturing and entertaining.

Instructions: Each fish is given the same prompts of "who is the weakest fish," "who do you dislike the most," "who is going home first," as well as a full slate of other generic reality tv show confessional prompts. They are then sent to a closet which has been set up as a "Confessional Room" like other reality TV shows and are told that their confession will be used for the show. After all the fish have done their confessions, Mr. Goldstriker gathers the fish in the living room and they all have to watch the videos of the confessionals on the TV.

Real Purpose: Expose the fish for what they said about they fellow contestants in a way that is more personal than just having Sam read them out. I feel like the words sting more when you see the person actually saying them. The goal would also have the fish be going in much more depth because it is a recording where they think it is a part of the show. There is also the secondary torture of having to watch themselves on screen say the things while the people sitting next to them are uncomfortable.

Virtual Cafe Awards

qwerty

Don't be autistic challenge (GONE WRONG)
Reaction score
Awards
I've been bamboozled again. I keep thinking these are about aquariums.

Virtual Cafe Awards