What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

Disillusion/Disillusion Starship trooper dev thread.

• Thread starter RIG
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 7164 times.

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
Just bought a copy, gotta support my fellow agora chads. After I play the game I'll come back and pick your brain on the creative process.
Thanks, I hope you enjoy.

while we are reviving this thread I will share some info on my next project.

I've started a prequel to disillusion in a more powerful engine that will be in line with what lsd dream emulator was style and world wise. an open and constantly changing world. Disillusion was rather primitive in its controls and levels, which to me helped shape the style of the game by trying to push these limitations. Working on a project free of these older limitations should be interesting, featuring full 3d movement and normal fps controls within greater detailed environments and higher resolution assets.

here are some screen caps.
1633891426903.png

1633891861030.png

1633891902859.png

1633891920723.png

1633891939944.png

1633891987132.png

1633892069803.png

1633892088014.png

1633892120028.png

Im not sure what i will call this project but expect and agora chan cameo. The plot of this game takes place before the events of the tower and has you exploring dungeons to collect items to construct the tower itself. I would call it disillusion 2 but i don't think that fits given the timeline.
maze like dungeons will make a return in a much more detailed manner, but I am opting on leaving combat out this time and focus entirely on creating an interesting world to explorer outside of the tower from the first game.

Attachments

• 1633891880775.png
    1633891880775.png
    421.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 1633891970550.png
    1633891970550.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
Virtual Cafe Awards

Hraelth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Short hair Mel a cute :LumPog:

Still need to finish the first but I got lost in the big library I assume you have to do for true end or whatever. Getting rid of the combat is probably for the best as I got tired of turn based combat over 10 years ago.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: RIG

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
Short hair Mel a cute :LumPog:

Still need to finish the first but I got lost in the big library I assume you have to do for true end or whatever. Getting rid of the combat is probably for the best as I got tired of turn based combat over 10 years ago.
The library is not required for the true ending, it is mostly filled with side locations and bosses as well as a pawn shop. If you are lost in the maze there are multiple exists that return you to the start and you'll be able to go back to the maze later if you are not already at the end of the game

Virtual Cafe Awards

NeoTokyo Tempo

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
From what I played of the game, it was a bit repetitive. I liked the atmosphere. I didn't see the green lady at all. Some of the enemies were interesting to fight. I liked that it wasn't a cake walk. I didn't see any updates so I assume that the build available is an early build. What is shown on your Youtube is interesting and if all that is in the final game, it should be great.

1633912776080.png

CAW

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
From what I played of the game, it was a bit repetitive. I liked the atmosphere. I didn't see the green lady at all. Some of the enemies were interesting to fight. I liked that it wasn't a cake walk. I didn't see any updates so I assume that the build available is an early build. What is shown on your Youtube is interesting and if all that is in the final game, it should be great.

View attachment 8259
CAW
there is a much newer build now, the last update was on august 30th which had added in the green lady as well as the other endings/ content. Green lady shows up on only the second floor and if you played before this build you do need to start a new game as the layout of the game had some of the mazes reshuffle or change content

Virtual Cafe Awards

NeoTokyo Tempo

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
there is a much newer build now, the last update was on august 30th which had added in the green lady as well as the other endings/ content. Green lady shows up on only the second floor and if you played before this build you do need to start a new game as the layout of the game had some of the mazes reshuffle or change content
Ah, I think I played much before then

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)

SomaSpice

Feet firm on the ground, head high on the clouds
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Dude, the screenshots of the next game look fantastic. I'm assuming Disillusion was made in RPGMaker? Its pretty impressive how you pushed the limits of the engine, but I can see how it'd be more of a burden in the long term. What engine are you using now?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Oh shit, you're the fella who made this game! I first saw it on /x/, funny meeting you here. I'll pick this up in the future for sure.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)

NeoTokyo Tempo

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I played the latest build. It's a little easy, but it's WAYYYY better than it is before. I really like it. The only thing I'd want is a hard mode at this point.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
1635946327985.png
1635946341062.png
1635946388287.png
1635946427623.png
1635946496003.png
1635946675923.png
1635946776647.png
I wanted to share some screen-caps. while the game features an open world, the world is scattered with smaller mazes similar to disillusion's towers floors. having lighting in these mazes has been fun to work with since it is new to me

Virtual Cafe Awards

inverse_square_matrix

Citizen of the Internet
Reaction score
Awards
Website
inversesquarematrix.neocities.org
Apparently the game is unavailable in my region and I can't access it's Steam store page.
Are you restricting regions? Had that happen before with another game and the developer was able to fix it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
Apparently the game is unavailable in my region and I can't access it's Steam store page.
Are you restricting regions? Had that happen before with another game and the developer was able to fix it.
The game is not available in Brazil, I'll upload a copy to a google drive in a little bit and send it to you.

Steam is big pain in the ass to get anything put up in Brazil as they have weird laws on ratings
Who do you play as in this new game?
you play as golem again though a bit younger and in a past life. The game is going to go into deeper detail on the relationship of chii, golem and Mel, before the events of disillusion

Virtual Cafe Awards

inverse_square_matrix

Citizen of the Internet
Reaction score
Awards
Website
inversesquarematrix.neocities.org
The game is not available in Brazil, I'll upload a copy to a google drive in a little bit and send it to you.

Steam is big pain in the ass to get anything put up in Brazil as they have weird laws on ratings
Ah yeah, we do have that. Thanks a lot, I'd love to be able to play your game!
Make sure to also drop a PayPal link or something, I will gladly pay for my copy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
I thought I would share some more dis2 insight to revive the thread again, as a lot is sort of changing.
mel11.png

first, im reverting mel back to being closer to her original look, the dress is annoying to work with but the dress will make some cameos later. I recently shared all the different versions of mel so her swapping fits on the fly will not be anything new
1639015962604.png

The next thing to add is a new artist is helping out!
1639016010502.png

I reached out to this artist a few times last year while working on disillusion as some of his concepts helped inspire certain segments of the game, however we never truly got in touch until a few days ago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxKFZtgPAY4

here is one of his concept videos for a game he wanted to make.
1639016173723.png

The game will be a blend of my own characters and creatures as well as his own.
While disillusion was more direct with a clear cut goal of "climb the tower" this game features you exploring different dreams and memories to collect relics to help build the tower seen in the first game. the idea is that this looser approach will be more akin to lsd dream emulator or yumi niki with it's more open ended feel. tv's take you to segments more akin to a point and click adventure with multiple choices and outcomes, as well as sometimes just playing short videos.
1639016680525.png

The world of disillusion itself is a place where no idea is too outlandish, if you have ideas you'd would like to see in game let me know and I would love to see if I can fit it in as one of the many locations I have planned.
1639016900285.png
1639016930106.png
1639016942180.png
1639016967624.png
1639016990531.png
1639017060546.png
woods3.png
SIT2Capture.PNG

ilumnipirate.PNG
here is our agora pal @IlluminatiPirate
Ilupiratespin.gif

I love sneaking in agora references, I did it a lot with my first game. I'm gonna sneak an agora-chan cameo in here somewhere as well eventually.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
This looks amazing! Somehow this completely escaped my attention until you bumped the thread today.

You link to the steam version, but I noticed that there is an itch.io page as well. Would it at all be possible to update the itch.io page? I hate Steam and how it holds your games hostage by making you have to run Steam in the background in order to play them. So where ever possible I prefer to download non-Steam versions of games. Of course, if that's to much of a hassle I'll settle for the Steam release because either way this looks right up my alley and too good to pass up on.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
This looks amazing! Somehow this completely escaped my attention until you bumped the thread today.

You link to the steam version, but I noticed that there is an itch.io page as well. Would it at all be possible to update the itch.io page? I hate Steam and how it holds your games hostage by making you have to run Steam in the background in order to play them. So where ever possible I prefer to download non-Steam versions of games. Of course, if that's to much of a hassle I'll settle for the Steam release because either way this looks right up my alley and too good to pass up on.
I can set up an itch.io version, i was thinking about that anyway. There is a page up for it already but it is super outdated. I'll look into fixing it soon

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I can set up an itch.io version, i was thinking about that anyway. There is a page up for it already but it is super outdated. I'll look into fixing it soon
Update the thread or let me know otherwise when you do. I'll probably get the game either this or next weekend when I have time for it. So if you update the itch.io page by then I'll probably just get it there.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Pepsi (Enjoyment)