Do we live in a virtual reality VIDEO

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards

View: https://youtu.be/3CyN8rYdX6g

This is legit freaking me out right now. If we live in a virtual reality then what happens if we die if we are just a sophisticated AI program. Would we be reincarnated or are we immortal? Who are the beings that created our world and for what purpose? Maybe they're just wrong about the protons and its just an undiscoveted field of science? I have too many questions about this. Fuck this sucks if this is true, that means we would never get out. Its depressing.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Adeptus Minor

Adeptus Records.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.adeptusminor.com
Great video! Thanks for sharing!

So if we do in fact live in a simulation, and we are currently creating one of our own (We have an identity in a virtual world) Then we are stacking simulation inside simulation. Will this lead us to how our own universe functions? Are we but a working version of the larger universe? Is our existence predetermined? Or can we manipulate our world if we know the code?

As above, so below. As within, so without.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SleepyFr0gWizard

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
sleepyfr0gwizard.carrd.co
Howdy IlluminatiPirate, thank you for the interesting post- this topic is incredibly interesting and it's something that I've thought about since 2016 while I was dealing with some at the time unresolved mental health challenges.

I'm relatively young, so my philosophy on life might come off as naive or unhelpful in the slightest but it's kept me from falling into too much existential dread.

When posed with the questions of "what's the meaning of life", "who is right about god", and "are we living in a simulation" I've taken an approach that most folks around here may find lacking (this doesn't stop my interest in seeing how others answer these questions mind you).

My answer to these questions is "It's none of my business".

Really, It's none of my business!

The unfortunate reality is that to find out the answers to these questions is through something we will all have to experience at some point, whether we want to or not- and until we go/don't go gentle into that good night we are tasked with living lives we never asked for yet have the benefit of living.

Be it circumstances, fate, handcrafted programing, or anything else us humble creatures have yet/haven't to think about we know one thing for certain; that we're here.

So what are we to do with that fact, something we can know for sure because we're here? Well, it's none of my business.

If things are preordained by a divine force or coldly crafted by a programmer all I can do is hope that my destiny is worth seeing, and as I have no plans on clocking out early I guess I'll find out. Seemingly, the powers that be, whatever they could be, have been kind to me so far- so I'd like to believe that they'll keep up this nature until my free trial of this reality comes to a close. Either way, it's none of my business- as I'm here anyways.

Now here's a question that I try to ask myself every now and then to see how I'm sitting with life: What if there's nothing after death?

No heaven, no reincarnation, no awakening into the real world to find out that this was all a very cleverly disguised game.

Just true and unfeeling oblivion.

To some this is a concept that can keep them up at night or even severely damage their mental health- and to others this is just a fact, and a seemingly cold one at that.

To me, personally, if this is what is destined for me after I go into the gentle night I guess I'll have the kind of rest that some unfortunately seek much faster than I do. It'll be a fate I can't fight, and is something that comes naturally whether we want it to or not. So why bother worrying about it when you'll have to meet it anyways? There's nothing you can do about it, and it's none of your business right now anyways- it'll be your problem after you die and that you will have either everything to worry about or won't.

So, once again what do you do knowing that death is inevitable and can come at any point as premade or pure chaos can send it to you? It's none of my business, but I hope you won't stress out too much.

I'm here, I'm living the way I either have a choice on or have to live due to intervention of a force that's beyond me, and I'm happy. To me you're a person I'll likely never meet face to face and who I'll likely forget about one day. Despite this, I'm currently using some of my limited time here to hope that either the cold nature of a chaotic unpredictable universe or a predestined fate will be kind to you.

But most importantly, that you'll allow either to be kind to you by not worrying too much about something that is ultimately none of your business at this time.

Live well, live kind, and may truth treat you as both.

Thank you again for the interesting post and the opportunity to discuss these topics!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

View: https://youtu.be/3CyN8rYdX6g

This is legit freaking me out right now. If we live in a virtual reality then what happens if we die if we are just a sophisticated AI program. Would we be reincarnated or are we immortal? Who are the beings that created our world and for what purpose? Maybe they're just wrong about the protons and its just an undiscoveted field of science? I have too many questions about this. Fuck this sucks if this is true, that means we would never get out. Its depressing.

I'm not sure it makes sense to say that we die. If we're computer programs, (presumably in a simulates reality, and not based reality), then when we "die" it could just be that the system is resetting a simulates agent, ie the sequence reached it's end runtime. Death implies life, and if we werent alive in the first place, we wouldn't be able to die.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Holy shit, so many old threads being brought up from the dead recently. Other forums would lynch you guys I swear haha.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Novem_IX

MIAMI VICE MINDSET
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
The idea that our world is not quite "real," that there are other planes of existence above and below us, is hardly new.
However, I believe that the growing popularity of simulation theory is a consequence of digital tech rapidly taking over our daily lives and pop culture phenomena like the Matrix films. We are losing the ability to differentiate between reality and simulation, because simulation is becoming our reality. The internet has gone from an information resource for the tech-savvy to an indispensable part of normie's jobs, social lives, and identities in less than three decades. It's not just changing how we live, interact with others and consume entertainment; our infatuation with technology is changing how we view reality on a fundamental level.
From a logical point of view, simulation theory makes no sense. It is making the claim that reality is not real. To substantiate this kind of claim, you must have evidence that comes from a source external to reality. Where does our concept/definition of "simulation" come from? It comes from reality itself, the same reality we are ascribing the value of simulation to.
This is kind of a rough analogy, but imagine that I set about to prove that the measurement of an inch is not really an inch. I could assemble thousands of rulers and yardsticks and look at them under microscopes, documenting the slight errors caused by imprecise manufacturing processes. Then I present my claim - the inch is a lie, a true inch actually measures .997 false inches. The problem is obvious - without the fabled "golden ruler," without an external and objective metric by which to judge ordinary rulers, my theory is worthless.

Virtual Cafe Awards