Do you care about owning your space on the web?

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Maybe you should stfu and stop defending hypocrites that will go after drawings but allow illegal shit? They start with shit like "Just don't post lolis!" to later end up like "Just don't post adult characters that are young looking!".
^this guy beats his dick to drawings of children :eek:

Virtual Cafe Awards
Maybe you should stfu and stop defending hypocrites that will go after drawings but allow illegal shit? They start with shit like "Just don't post lolis!" to later end up like "Just don't post adult characters that are young looking!".
There's young looking and then there's oh lawd click out of this right now. Loli is the later. And yeah, i get it. Drawings are not illegal, but they are no less disgusting. Why can't you be a normal garden variety degen? Are FUTA not good enough for you? Maybe stop looking at hentai in general. It'll be good for you.

^this guy beats his dick to drawings of children :eek:
:/ I don't think that's entirely accurate. Some people just look very youthful. But that line is very dangerous and I say away from it and keep to the "normal" category.

Virtual Cafe Awards

FODTony

ai is gonna like, replace us dude
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, unless I need a website or server for practical purposes, like business or personal file hosting, I don't see a point in setting up a webpage or server or anything.* I barely have a need for social media as it is, so setting up a webpage is just a worse way to broadcast my voice to people who don't really give a shit. Maybe i'm a little jaded lmao.
*One caveat though is that I have dabbled in building a 90s-esque website via winows 9x web design software, purely for curiosity.

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Nobody cares about your blog. ~ July 15, 2023
It's short so I'ma save you the click:

I started writing on my blog some years ago, and since then I've had a lot of reasons to stop writing. Here's a list of why nobody cares about your blog
  • Your blog is not original. There are hundreds of blogs out there, what makes you think yours is different? You're just probably repeating things you've read in another place.
  • You're not an expert in your field, otherwise you wouldn't be publishing in a blog, but writing papers and giving interviews.
  • You are only showing the world how stupid you are. If what you say is not better than silence, you better shut up.
  • If someone, at some point, cares about your blog will be only to criticize it. Your work is trash, and exposing it will make people notice you're trash as well.
But all of these things are not a problem, because you shouldn't care even a little bit about what other think. Here are my reasons about why you should care about your blog
  • You can use it as notes to your future self. After some years you'll have a nice journal of how you have evolved over the years. Rereading your old texts is like communicating with your past self.
  • To release ideas that you have in your head and that you need to get out. Even if nobody else cares about them, writing them down can be a cathartic process.
  • To learn to write and express complex ideas. The best way to learn is to teach (even if nobody is reading you). As Paul Graham says 1, writing about something, even something you know well, usually shows you that you didn't know it as well as you thought.
  • Even if the ideas you're sharing with the world aren't original you can enrich them with your personal view. As Bill Thurson said 2 all of us have clear understanding of a few things and murky concepts of many more. There is no way to run out of ideas in need of clarification.
  • If you have lost time solving a superspecific problem then you need to write about it, it can happen that you end up being someone hero some day. It can also happen that you'll have the same problem again and then you'll be your own hero.
  • It's cool to maintain a blog, even it's only from the technical perspective. The feeling of complete ownership over something is really fulfilling, even if it's just some bytes on a remote server in this ethereal world.
  • You can say whatever the fuck you want. It's your blog, you don't need to follow any rules. I just cursed and you can't do nothing about it, because this is my blog and I do what I want. This will give you a sense of freedom that's really cool imho.
PS. I was just about to publish this post, and then I started to think "why should I publish this text? Who is going to waste their time to read this crap?", but you know what? I just don't care what you think, here's my post and you can do nothing about it :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I have several personal sites but it'd be a stretch to say I "care" about any of them.

Sometimes I get the desire to make something, so I'll make it, put it online, and then never update it again. The fun is in actually making the site for me, filling it with content is something I just can't be fucked to do half of the time so it'll inevitably fall by the wayside once I get to that point.

Virtual Cafe Awards

I started writing on my blog some years ago, and since then I've had a lot of reasons to stop writing. Here's a list of why nobody cares about your blog
  • Your blog is not original. There are hundreds of blogs out there, what makes you think yours is different? You're just probably repeating things you've read in another place.
  • You're not an expert in your field, otherwise you wouldn't be publishing in a blog, but writing papers and giving interviews.
  • You are only showing the world how stupid you are. If what you say is not better than silence, you better shut up.
  • If someone, at some point, cares about your blog will be only to criticize it. Your work is trash, and exposing it will make people notice you're trash as well.
But all of these things are not a problem, because you shouldn't care even a little bit about what other think. Here are my reasons about why you should care about your blog
  • You can use it as notes to your future self. After some years you'll have a nice journal of how you have evolved over the years. Rereading your old texts is like communicating with your past self.
  • To release ideas that you have in your head and that you need to get out. Even if nobody else cares about them, writing them down can be a cathartic process.
  • To learn to write and express complex ideas. The best way to learn is to teach (even if nobody is reading you). As Paul Graham says 1, writing about something, even something you know well, usually shows you that you didn't know it as well as you thought.
  • Even if the ideas you're sharing with the world aren't original you can enrich them with your personal view. As Bill Thurson said 2 all of us have clear understanding of a few things and murky concepts of many more. There is no way to run out of ideas in need of clarification.
  • If you have lost time solving a superspecific problem then you need to write about it, it can happen that you end up being someone hero some day. It can also happen that you'll have the same problem again and then you'll be your own hero.
  • It's cool to maintain a blog, even it's only from the technical perspective. The feeling of complete ownership over something is really fulfilling, even if it's just some bytes on a remote server in this ethereal world.
  • You can say whatever the fuck you want. It's your blog, you don't need to follow any rules. I just cursed and you can't do nothing about it, because this is my blog and I do what I want. This will give you a sense of freedom that's really cool imho.
PS. I was just about to publish this post, and then I started to think "why should I publish this text? Who is going to waste their time to read this crap?", but you know what? I just don't care what you think, here's my post and you can do nothing about it :)
If you stop and wonder what others think half the time you won't get anywhere because niggas always want faster horses. More of the same. Pushing boundaries is scary and forbidden for them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

morus

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Awful post

Virtual Cafe Awards

. . . ...

Dārio Valyrio Valyriat
Reaction score
Awards
I do plan on making a website soon, but not now currently. It would probably be a forum of some sort that would be focused a specific topic. I have some things in mind, but that's it. I already know where to retrieve the resources to learn html and javascript, so I don't think it would be too hard. It would definitely take some time though

nsequeira119

DNW Expert
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tinyurl.com
I run a number of little websites for a number of reasons. My main website is https://tinyurl.com/nicolascomics, which has been up and running since 2018, if memory serves correctly. I made it out of a Google Doc because I like the aesthetic, it has a very basic text-and-image type feel to it. Plus it can even integrate gifs. I've never paid for my own domain, although about a year ago someone actually bought https://nicolascomics.com and turned it into a redirect to my real site. I dunno who did that, but it was very nice.

Would I recommend having a website beside just Instagram? Fuck yeah. Making your own website, even if you don't personally host it, can feel extremely liberating. Basic HTML is easier than you think, and it's very exciting to watch all the elements of your website come together.

Virtual Cafe Awards