Do you guys believe in Ghosts?

Reaction score
Awards
No i don't believe in ghosts, but i do believe in aliens.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I've seen them, heard them, and been terrorized by them. So yes.
but I'm also kinda schizo so who knows
First experience was when I was a kid, saw one at my uncle's house. It's an old property. The ghost was an old lady that phased through this pillow fort I made. She didn't appear ghostly though, she looked like a normal person.

Other encounters with the paranormal have been mixed. A closed door at our old house opened itself, and was done so in a manner that we thought one of our roommates was about to come in. Glad I wasn't the only one to witness that, would've thought I was crazy otherwise.

I've seen shadowy figures lurking around, shadowy orbs as well, typically when I wake up in the middle of the night. On very rare occasion strange numbers/symbols will linger in my vision when I wake up, scares the shit out of me everytime this has happened. Could just be sleep paralysis of some kind.

what is your favorite horror media?
Poltergeist (and The Thing if that counts)

Virtual Cafe Awards
Human spirits, in the vein of the popular conception of ghosts (like the Haunted Mansion) are not real. When you die, you go to either Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory. Angels do exist, and even a person that has died can appear in an angelic form to a human (though this is rare). Devils can disguise themselves as human souls if they plan to possess someone or "haunt" an area. Demons often impersonate real people during Ouija board rituals, which is a significant cause of modern possessions.

EDIT: some rewording and further clarifications.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

I may have done as a kid although I was already obsessed with ghosts and UFOs and stuff (I really miss the paranormal content on old youtube). Back in 2009 I was in Wales on a school trip and during a routine fire drill I stood and stared at the woods nearby. I saw an almost translucent grey figure with no real features. I think it may have been a trick of the lighting but even now this memory comes back every so often. I remember there were romours back then of the place we were staying at being haunted but we were told it was all just camp fire stories. One kid who was known for lying all the time claimed he saw a chair move in the middle of the night. Or perhaps it was the people he was staying in the room with? I don't remember. I'm sure that bit was made up. Do I believe in ghosts though? I can't say either way because no one even knows what a ghost even is. It could be a trapped soul, a demonic force, a myth, or something else entirely. All I know is that I have fairly trustworthy friends who insist they've seen them. But once more I cannot say if I believe in ghosts as I do not know what a ghost even is.

Deleted member 1930

Human spirits, in the vein of the popular conception of ghosts (like the Haunted Mansion) are not real. When you die, you go to either Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory. Devils can disguise themselves as human ghosts if they plan to possess someone or "haunt" an area. Demons often impersonate real people during ouija board rituals, which is a significant cause of modern possessions.

do you believe some "ghosts" could be angelic?

do you believe some "ghosts" could be angelic?
I believe some spirits could be angels, but not the ghosts that "haunt" places. For example- if Grandpa Joe dies and "comes back" to haunt his old home as an "angel", that's just a demon bruh.

Most non-guardian angels stay in Heaven, with very few exceptions.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

I believe some spirits could be angels, but not the ghosts that "haunt" places. For example- if Grandpa Joe dies and "comes back" to haunt his old home as an "angel", that's just a demon bruh.

yeah, i know the "haunting" type are demons of course.

why do you suppose angels do not come here often?

Deleted member 3373

It's funny you mention that as I had an experience of being contacted by a dead, dearly beloved mentor of mine from childhood. He died recently and this has really stuck with me as I haven't been sure how to feel about it. I get a lot of mixed messages from Christian sources regarding how to deal with this. Is it some kind of alterior force or can one be contacted by dead friends and relatives? I should probably add that he certainly hasn't been haunting anyone and was trying to help me out.

yeah, i know the "haunting" type are demons of course.

why do you suppose angels do not come here often?
I mean angels in the messenger sense. Of course, guardian angels are ever-present in our day-to-day lives, but they do not make themselves known in the same way that a Hollywood "ghost" would. Guardian angels don't move furniture around or dress up in sheets, for example.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

I mean angels in the messenger sense. Of course, guardian angels are ever-present in our day-to-day lives, but they do not make themselves known in the same way that a Hollywood "ghost" would. Guardian angels don't move furniture around or dress up in sheets, for example.

oh sure i getcha

I may have done as a kid although I was already obsessed with ghosts and UFOs and stuff (I really miss the paranormal content on old youtube). Back in 2009 I was in Wales on a school trip and during a routine fire drill I stood and stared at the woods nearby. I saw an almost translucent grey figure with no real features. I think it may have been a trick of the lighting but even now this memory comes back every so often. I remember there were romours back then of the place we were staying at being haunted but we were told it was all just camp fire stories. One kid who was known for lying all the time claimed he saw a chair move in the middle of the night. Or perhaps it was the people he was staying in the room with? I don't remember. I'm sure that bit was made up. Do I believe in ghosts though? I can't say either way because no one even knows what a ghost even is. It could be a trapped soul, a demonic force, a myth, or something else entirely. All I know is that I have fairly trustworthy friends who insist they've seen them. But once more I cannot say if I believe in ghosts as I do not know what a ghost even is.
There is too much uncertainty to know for sure. Did the apparition ever say "Jesus Christ is lord," or anything of the sort? This is a good way to tell if a spirit if a demon or not, as demons often recoil at even the very name of Christ. Examples of these are sleep paralysis events and "alien abductions" that abruptly end once the name of Jesus Christ is uttered.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

There is too much uncertainty to know for sure. Did the apparition ever say "Jesus Christ is lord," or anything of the sort? This is a good way to tell if a spirit if a demon or not, as demons often recoil at even the very name of Christ. Examples of these are sleep paralysis events and "alien abductions" that abruptly end once the name of Jesus Christ is uttered.
What he said to me was "It's all real in a way you can't even imagine." Followed by "Yes, Jesus is out there". Then followed by something along the lines of "and there's no harm in going to him". He spoke to me very casually, as he did when he was living.

What he said to me was "It's all real in a way you can't even imagine." Followed by "Yes, Jesus is out there". Then followed by something along the lines of "and there's no harm in going to him". He spoke to me very casually, as he did when he was living.
That's wild. Was this fellow a Catholic in his life?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

That's wild. Was this fellow a Catholic in his life?
He was from a Catholic family, yes. Although he wasn't exactly very upstanding with it. Outright told me at one point that he didn't believe an afterlife even existed.

He was from a Catholic family, yes. Although he wasn't exactly very upstanding with it. Outright told me at one point that he didn't believe an afterlife even existed.
Interesting. In that case, I cannot say in any certain matter whether or not what you saw was a demonic manifestation. While it is true that demons will often disguise themselves as departed loved ones or important figures in order to decieve people, it is possible that your mentor had a private confession and entered Heaven (where it is also possible for him to visit the living in rare instances). My advice to you in the case that you encounter another spirit is to pray the "Our Father" and the "Hail Mary" in front of it, and wait for its reaction. If it is a demon, it will most likely recoil in disgust at these prayers. This should also work any time you feel scared, or watched.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

Interesting. In that case, I cannot say in any certain matter whether or not what you saw was a demonic manifestation. While it is true that demons will often disguise themselves as departed loved ones or important figures in order to decieve people, it is possible that your mentor had a private confession and entered Heaven (where it is also possible for him to visit the living in rare instances). My advice to you in the case that you encounter another spirit is to pray the "Our Father" and the "Hail Mary" in front of it, and wait for its reaction. If it is a demon, it will most likely recoil in disgust at these prayers. This should also work any time you feel scared, or watched.
Thanks. I'll consider that. Mind you I have had contact with him on more than one occasion. The first time was him telling me to ditch a certain friend of mine who was doing me no good. Mind you this wasn't even what broke me and got me to accept. That was another night which was... something else. I've been told by God not to share on public forums (although I am allowed to share over private messages). Since then I've been hearing him less (although he does occasionally step in to back up what I'm being told by the almighty).

Thanks. I'll consider that. Mind you I have had contact with him on more than one occasion. The first time was him telling me to ditch a certain friend of mine who was doing me no good. Mind you this wasn't even what broke me and got me to accept. That was another night which was... something else. I've been told by God not to share on public forums (although I am allowed to share over private messages). Since then I've been hearing him less (although he does occasionally step in to back up what I'm being told by the almighty).
That is quite disturbing. I'm not saying that its impossible that God could speak to you, but I've spoken to enough occultists to know that one should be extremely wary when communicating with a spiritual entity that claims to be God. Other than loved ones, demons are especially good at disguising themselves as holy people- God, Mary, even Jesus himself. If you are hearing his voice in your head, I also recommend the same prayers. If you'd like, I can keep you in my personal prayers. I would prefer to know your first name for this, but if you don't feel comfortable giving that out, I understand.

Virtual Cafe Awards