Do you have a favourite artist?

NSoph

The Singularity is Now
Reaction score
Awards
I searched for the artist of the cover of Secret of Mana, he is named Hiro Isono and the following are 6 samples of differing colour schemes and themes (the last two is most representative of his usual style, he also has multiple pictures of cities), he mostly drew forests and overuses the colour green, i highly recommend searching for him to gaze at the picture. They have a similar vibe to the LotR artwork of Ted Nasmith, who is maybe my actual favourite.
The pictures are very sublime imo, the put you in a "mythological" mood. Beautiful and Hyperreal, not too fantastic, as if it is vulnerable something can happen anytime soon, as if the peace is vulnerable. When i see animals, i imagine them running away soon, the cities being destroyed by a catastrophe, the forest burning. It really puts you in a strange mood. Hypernostalgia?
doorofperception.com-hiro_isono-24.jpg
d6ce6c2a18fbf70727a0e390353b5c06.jpg
doorofperception.com-hiro_isono-40.jpg
doorofperception.com-hiro_isono-42.jpg
doorofperception.com-hiro_isono-13.jpg
311cc0c91c5ae1b7adabc51537710a68.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

NSoph

The Singularity is Now
Reaction score
Awards
Regarding LotR i also find the picture of Finwe, drawn by some DeviantArthoe (kimberly80) really fun. A mix of "The Flouride Stare" and "Chad" meme
finwe_by_kimberly80_d6t48nb-fullview.jpg

"When you curse them to a terrible fate after the kinslaying of Alqualonde and they just give you that Noldor stare"

Virtual Cafe Awards