• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

Do you 'memba Zaboomafoo? Cuz I 'membaaa

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
It was a show on PBS that was a live-action segment that had a puppet lemur and a real lemur and they will show the lives and aspects of different animals. It was great! you get to see all kinds of different animals and learn a lot. I wish it was still on the air or something similar so my siblings can watch it. But i guess their sense of nostaliga will come from youtubers.
za.jpeg
boom.jpeg

I wonder what happened to these guys.
DfEHShoUYAE-w4B.jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

Zaboomafoo was my favorite show as a kid! I really liked that they let us see animals in real life, actually interacting with spaces while they taught us about them. It felt really engaging and it always made me really happy.

If you wanna google those guys they're called The Kratt Brothers and they have an entire company now, they produce a show called The Wild Kratts currently I think? They had a show called Kratt's Creatures that led to Zaboomafoo and another show on Discovery Channel where they put themselves in jungles and stuff. Coyote Peterson has YouTube series that I think has a similar appeal to Zaboomafoo and he's really educational, he respects animals and isn't doing anything unethical too which I think can be hard to find. Separate from his regular stuff he also has a series where he gets himself stung or bit on purpose to show you it's not a big deal for a regular person to have that happen, which is nice. If you ever wanted to learn what happens when you get hurt by a specific bug you can google his name and the name of the bug and it's pretty much always gonna come up.

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Zaboomafoo was my favorite show as a kid! I really liked that they let us see animals in real life, actually interacting with spaces while they taught us about them. It felt really engaging and it always made me really happy.

If you wanna google those guys they're called The Kratt Brothers and they have an entire company now, they produce a show called The Wild Kratts currently I think? They had a show called Kratt's Creatures that led to Zaboomafoo and another show on Discovery Channel where they put themselves in jungles and stuff. Coyote Peterson has YouTube series that I think has a similar appeal to Zaboomafoo and he's really educational, he respects animals and isn't doing anything unethical too which I think can be hard to find. Separate from his regular stuff he also has a series where he gets himself stung or bit on purpose to show you it's not a big deal for a regular person to have that happen, which is nice. If you ever wanted to learn what happens when you get hurt by a specific bug you can google his name and the name of the bug and it's pretty much always gonna come up.
Yes I love Coyote Peterson! And I begv to different that he gets stung to not show that its not a big deal. You can see the intense pain he's in when he gets stung. :njWojak:
View: https://youtu.be/tXjHb5QmDV0

Virtual Cafe Awards

Wapoose

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mommytimes.net
I was born too late for Zabomafoo I think, never saw it. But I watched the heck out of their animated show Wild Krats, which was also on PBS. Zaboomafoo is prooobably better, but I still learned a bit from the story and the live action segment they always had at the end.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

naa

Yes I love Coyote Peterson! And I begv to different that he gets stung to not show that its not a big deal. You can see the intense pain he's in when he gets stung. :njWojak:
View: https://youtu.be/tXjHb5QmDV0

:SataniaThumbsUp:He's so great! I always figured it was to show how it's not a big deal because there's a lot of people who think stuff like this just like, outright kills you like you get stung then you drop dead lmao it does look crazy painful though! He's said he does it to educate people but not really elaborated I don't think. I think either way it's really helpful info!

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I watched Kratts Creatures as a kid and I do think it played a part in me developing interest in nature. Enough so that I eventually went to school for biology, and although I focused on neuroscience and biochem I always took ecology classes to fill out my required electives. Good stuff.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Zaboomafoo was my favorite as a kid man. Before I moved to the middle east all I had was PBS because my parents didn't get cable. Everyone remembers Arthur but people sleep on zaboomafoo and that dragon show.
DRAGON TAILS WAS THE SHIT

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vitnira

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Zoboomafoo is legit 40% of the reason I started a media server/archive. I couldn't handle the idea my kids wouldn't get to watch it. The brothers have gone on to make this new show called Wild Kratts but look at it:
proxy-image

Uninspired material design garbage and it has to be animated to keep the tablet-fried kiddos interested. LAME
Zoboomafoo being live-action makes the interactions with the animals feel real to the audience and better supports kiddo nature engagement.

As a kid I was 100% convinced it was a real lemur the whole time and they got him to move and talk with peanut butter. I told my husband (who never saw the show) as such. When we finally sat down and watched it together and I learned it was a puppet...yeah, I'm never going to live that down. He brings it up about once a month now.

Virtual Cafe Awards