Do you remember Microsoft Encarta?

Reaction score
Awards
I was just searching some stuff in wikipedia, when out of nowhere, i remember the existence of microsoft encarta, and how i used to spend hours and hours using this stuff when i was a kid, this thing was gold and to be honest, it's a shame it became obsolete, do you guys remember using this stuff?

cd730da1-55a3-4994-9eba-0ceaca6cab91_1_full.jpg

Encarta_2007.png

encarta.png

Encarta-684x513.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
yeah I know that, I was talking about that game. I remember there was a game, I remember this screen shot, but I cannot remember the game itself lol
It was a trivia thing or something that I remember being terrible at because I was a small child (but would probably kick ass at now via being a competent adult)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
I remember this encarta thingy because of its "3d virtual tours" that come in the 2009 edition (I think that's how they're named). These are the most a e s t h e t i c experiences that come from whatever done in the 2009. Exploring those 3d virtual tours feels so surreal and strange, and the music even makes it kinda scary too. It's like a vaporwave history lesson, a vaporwave interpretation of the old ages.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I remember this encarta thingy because of its "3d virtual tours" that come in the 2009 edition (I think that's how they're named). These are the most a e s t h e t i c experiences that come from whatever done in the 2009. Exploring those 3d virtual tours feels so surreal and strange, and the music even makes it kinda scary too. It's like a vaporwave history lesson, a vaporwave interpretation of the old ages.

Oh man, this nostalgia hits like a truck, i used to love the medieval one, i spended hours in that place lmao.

Virtual Cafe Awards

win2k

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
How can I forget MS Encarta? It was amazing at that time to have so much information just in front of you, with your mouse.

I remember opening it and keep reading stuff for hours. It was amazing.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ok soda whore

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I remember using it for schoolwork back in 99 - 2000.

We only had dial up back then, and one phone line, so I couldn't be on the internet all the time. So whatever research we had, came from Encarta.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ketracel 白

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Lol I remember turning in a 7th grade history paper that I pretty much directly ripped from the Encarta entry on Iraq. What is funny to me is this was 1997 and to this day I wonder what the teacher made of it since I got an A.. didn't get a talking to or anything lol.

Anyways I loved that software, spent hours on it.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Lol I remember turning in a 7th grade history paper that I pretty much directly ripped from the Encarta entry on Iraq. What is funny to me is this was 1997 and to those day I won't what the teacher made of it since I got an A.. didn't get a talking to or anything lol.

Anyways I loved that software, spent hours on it.
Yeah, me too, we used to do a lot of homework with that, any subject, you just search it on encarta and that's it, you got the info, it was really wikipedia before wikipedia.

Virtual Cafe Awards
yeah I know that, I was talking about that game. I remember there was a game, I remember this screen shot, but I cannot remember the game itself lol
It was a maze game where you had matches to help you light the way and if you took wrong turns I think you have to answer general knowledge questions.

Oh man this brings back memories. So many assignments completed based entirely off encarta.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mrturtle

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I was just searching some stuff in wikipedia, when out of nowhere, i remember the existence of microsoft encarta, and how i used to spend hours and hours using this stuff when i was a kid, this thing was gold and to be honest, it's a shame it became obsolete, do you guys remember using this stuff?

Literally one of my favorite programs when I was a kid, I spent hours there clicking from one link to the other getting deeper in all info I was interested in, very wholesome program.

Virtual Cafe Awards

genujuan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I used some other encyclopedia program that was on a cd. I forget what it was called but it had some educational game where you fly around in space and visit constellations like Cassieopia. It was pretty chill.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shanpu

SBM | Shanpu
Reaction score
Awards
Wait, isn't Encarta kind of like Encyclopedia Britannica but with a lot more games and interactivity? I remember they had it on CDs back in the 90s...
a49c918e2f219ed13bcc068a6fa2f842.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Live from the 7th Dimension via satellite
Reaction score
Awards
I had a DK/Eyewitness thing similar to this, where you had an option to walk around someones house in 3D and leanr about objects. It was creepy to me because you could hear sounds as if the house was full of a family, but nothing ever moved apart from you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJMnLIWYTls

Virtual Cafe Awards