Does anyone feel like time is frozen?

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
Why should necessarily the technology go to a new step, while the intelligence and moral part of man has remained stagnant and and are not fully utilized? Technology, morality and intelligence should keep up in order to avoid dystopian future scenarios, and mass obsolescence in technology that partially applies today.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Feels stagnant because even technology has gotten stale. There are a lot of grifters peddling the same crap but with a fancy new title. It used to be called ponzi scheme, but its now called fin-tech and crypto. Our phones are just a faster, larger battery having, more memory holding clones of previous phones. All the cool technologies are always 20+ years away, while we only get iterative improvements in current technology so we can extract more profit out of the same tired device. We were supposed to have VR, but that's still in infancy, and AR is a laggy mess with bulky headgear and massive privacy violations. I think that our technological future of plenty ran aground against reality when we realized that the zuckercucks and gates of the world would be the ones running the cyber-dystopia.

Software has gotten more complex while at the same time trying to deliver all features all the time causing an increasing consumption of computing resources. This is why your phones are always needing to be upgraded. All the fancy new features are always kept in memory used or not. I hope we will one day see the shattering of software into components and software makes use of those larger components. Like the Linux of yore, where each utility does one thing and one thing only.

Culturally we have stagnated into a weird bottomless hole of the same as the last 30 years because fixing our purposefully rotten culture is beyond the grasp or means of most people. Not to mention our current news cycle keeps everyone distracted on the outrage treadmill. Instead of a culture that values the higher functions of humanity, knowledge, reason, justice, kindness, love, and biblical wisdom. We have become a secular and degenerate culture of hedonism. A culture of hatred, lust, suspicion, mistrust, and anti-reason. It has become an animalistic culture. Soon they'll be feeding bugs to the animalistic masses.

Our world hasn't really changed in a meaningful way for a long time. Its all just iterative and derivative. But even with all the problems of today, do you really want to jump into the future without knowing what lays ahead? The devil you know vs the devil you don't know. How do you know the future we are all waiting for will be beneficial? You can't and I don't trust the pseudo-elite. Elite in what? Fiat currency? Fiat currency has a net value of zero. Bunch of talentless hacks and grifters. Seeing their promised utopia crash and burn gives me joy and hope.

Virtual Cafe Awards

koreatis

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Feels stagnant because even technology has gotten stale. There are a lot of grifters peddling the same crap but with a fancy new title. It used to be called ponzi scheme, but its now called fin-tech and crypto. Our phones are just a faster, larger battery having, more memory holding clones of previous phones. All the cool technologies are always 20+ years away, while we only get iterative improvements in current technology so we can extract more profit out of the same tired device. We were supposed to have VR, but that's still in infancy, and AR is a laggy mess with bulky headgear and massive privacy violations. I think that our technological future of plenty ran aground against reality when we realized that the zuckercucks and gates of the world would be the ones running the cyber-dystopia.

Software has gotten more complex while at the same time trying to deliver all features all the time causing an increasing consumption of computing resources. This is why your phones are always needing to be upgraded. All the fancy new features are always kept in memory used or not. I hope we will one day see the shattering of software into components and software makes use of those larger components. Like the Linux of yore, where each utility does one thing and one thing only.

Culturally we have stagnated into a weird bottomless hole of the same as the last 30 years because fixing our purposefully rotten culture is beyond the grasp or means of most people. Not to mention our current news cycle keeps everyone distracted on the outrage treadmill. Instead of a culture that values the higher functions of humanity, knowledge, reason, justice, kindness, love, and biblical wisdom. We have become a secular and degenerate culture of hedonism. A culture of hatred, lust, suspicion, mistrust, and anti-reason. It has become an animalistic culture. Soon they'll be feeding bugs to the animalistic masses.

Our world hasn't really changed in a meaningful way for a long time. Its all just iterative and derivative. But even with all the problems of today, do you really want to jump into the future without knowing what lays ahead? The devil you know vs the devil you don't know. How do you know the future we are all waiting for will be beneficial? You can't and I don't trust the pseudo-elite. Elite in what? Fiat currency? Fiat currency has a net value of zero. Bunch of talentless hacks and grifters. Seeing their promised utopia crash and burn gives me joy and hope.
Do you mind to elaborate how to manage oneself into the future. From my perspective I find that the current world is so broken and without any soul, people are living on automatic mode doing the same stuff over and over again and to be honest I am scared that I might get into the mindless and purposeless state of living. I am highly conscious of my actions and what I want to do in life but it's hard to do any steps where you are surrounded by people like I mention. I feel like they drain energy from each other and you are left internal void. I am trying to fight it. I search for something big that I can give to the world but it is hard to find something that would give me opportunities to live properly. Would you share some thoughts about going into the future but in the same time don't fall into the frozen void?

ECHETLAEUS

Reaction score
Awards
Do you mind to elaborate how to manage oneself into the future. From my perspective I find that the current world is so broken and without any soul, people are living on automatic mode doing the same stuff over and over again and to be honest I am scared that I might get into the mindless and purposeless state of living. I am highly conscious of my actions and what I want to do in life but it's hard to do any steps where you are surrounded by people like I mention. I feel like they drain energy from each other and you are left internal void. I am trying to fight it. I search for something big that I can give to the world but it is hard to find something that would give me opportunities to live properly. Would you share some thoughts about going into the future but in the same time don't fall into the frozen void?
This is exactly how I feel with most of the world, and as a result I either end up angry or tired or with negative thoughts. I'm tired of hanging out with people who only talk nonsense, interrupt, have annoying music, and I end up alone and antisocial, as far as the soul is concerned, I believe that as long as they give significant importance to material pleasures, their soul is undermined, and I also struggle with my thoughts daily, trying to be fair, koreatis i think you are greek.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone got their message on a thread deleted? Forum deleted 2 messages

Virtual Cafe Awards

koreatis

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This is exactly how I feel with most of the world, and as a result I either end up angry or tired or with negative thoughts. I'm tired of hanging out with people who only talk nonsense, interrupt, have annoying music, and I end up alone and antisocial, as far as the soul is concerned, I believe that as long as they give significant importance to material pleasures, their soul is undermined, and I also struggle with my thoughts daily, trying to be fair, koreatis i think you are greek.

Unfortunately I am not, I am from Eastern Europe but a lot of people tell me I am more related to Mediterranean by my look and lifestyle so your guess is not wrong actually.
That's why I try to surround myself with open-minded people so we can talk about anything without any bias but man it is hard to find time for meetings, job, hobby. I care and love the closest of my friends and I have to say I am fortunate to have them so when we meet I forget about the whole world but unfortunately we are approaching adulthood and it is so hard to do meetings in real life, you know virtual meetings doesn't feel the same for me. I can say that it might be one way to forget about the world we are living and spend meaningful time.

ECHETLAEUS

Reaction score
Awards
Unfortunately I am not, I am from Eastern Europe but a lot of people tell me I am more related to Mediterranean by my look and lifestyle so your guess is not wrong actually.
That's why I try to surround myself with open-minded people so we can talk about anything without any bias but man it is hard to find time for meetings, job, hobby. I care and love the closest of my friends and I have to say I am fortunate to have them so when we meet I forget about the whole world but unfortunately we are approaching adulthood and it is so hard to do meetings in real life, you know virtual meetings doesn't feel the same for me. I can say that it might be one way to forget about the world we are living and spend meaningful time.
I like your way of thinking and I admit that I fluctuate in the same opinions as you, I try to find quality and value in my life but for now when it comes to the topic of socialization with quality people, no finding, beyond isolated situations but enough limited moments, maybe its because of wrong chemistry or im searching on the wrong places. I'm going through a disappointment when it comes to socializing, but not because I'm alone but because I feel alone among others, same conversations, same moderate tastes among them, same bs, maybe im the problem..... But i'm glad to see awake people even from the beginning of their adulthood. There is definitely a future my friend and it depends on the few thoughtful and marginalized PEOPLE.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
By "Cohesion" what I effectively mean is some sort of overall timeline to tie everything together; some context to relate today to yesterday and tomorrow. Societal milestones, essentially. I believe that as individuals and as a society it is important that we directly experience events together and have a common timeline of memories to relate the events of our lives to. I feel that sharing the same experiences with past and future generations is critical to maintaining perspective and giving context to our current existence. We seem to lack this in modern society, and as a result I don't really feel anymore like I am part of a continuous story of humanity that's been running for 50,000+ years, which I feel is the main reason why so many people seem to complain about feeling a lack of meaning and purpose these days.
I cannot stress enough to everyone I know that taking pictures and actually getting them printed and framed is extremely important. I make a point every Christmas to pull all my digital photos and have them printed and framed. It's important because not only is it a real, tangible picture that you can hold in your hands and cherish, but it is also going to last a very long time if it is taken care of. I fear that if the internet ever shits the bed 90% of my friends will lose everything, including family memories. and photos. Most people I know don't even keep pictures in their house of their own children because it's already readily available to them on facebook. Not I, I like to keep my house decorated with memories that are important to me, especially my own sons personal milestones, animals that I've loved and looked after and pictures of friends and family. It might seem like something silly, but ever since I started doing this, that feeling of "Being lost" as you say, has quickly started to fade away. I can look at those photos and remember that those events actually did happen and I wasn't dreaming it all up.

Virtual Cafe Awards

FalseReality

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Felt like this for a bit. Don't think I do so much now but it's more not noticing it I'd say. Sometimes I forget the order of events and have to make an effort to reorder them again.
I do think that you could apply this even for meaningful ways of life but you don't notice it. If you were fighting in WW1 every day in the trenches could feel the same. But then one day the war ends and you're back home so you can track different periods of your life. Maybe that's lacking now.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
Everybody is talking about cultural phenomenons and disposable everything and general same-ness coming about that way breaking down the universal conception of time, so I'm just gonna posit something that I haven't seen brought up yet.

I remember a study a while back that looked at the measurable effects of having a particularly low IQ. Among other things, one noticeable difference between someone with (iirc) sub-90 IQ and above is that the sub-90s tend to have a difficult time conceptualizing, well, time. They tend to view the world in a "right-now" lens at any given time, with no real thought given to any past or future. As IQ drops in developed countries (probably because microplastics blocking neurons from firing in everybody's brains lole), it's easy enough for me to make the connection that there's a cultural shift towards the "dumbed-down" versions of any given thing, including such integral concepts as our interpretation of time shifting to a much more Now-driven approach, aided in no small part by widespread internet addiction, news cycles getting shorter and shorter and the like, I'm sure.

My friend and I were having a conversation the other day about the aforementioned study in relation to eldritch/lovecraftian type horror, and how if the human mind doesn't possess the ability to comprehend something (for a real-world example, a very dumb person with time), it doesn't drive you insane or possess you with obsession. Your brain says "no," and you literally just don't comprehend it. And, in a way, that is the true horror. When people are lacking in enough intelligence, the very basic foundational concepts that make society or even basic human interaction become impossible for the majority of people to comprehend, and things start to turn into a gushy mess as global perception is muddled beyond repair and it's impossible to fight through all the bullshit you encounter just trying to state simple facts, a-la Idiocracy. Actually, yeah, that last part is really all I needed to say, really.

TL;DR basically Idiocracy is a documentary very super original take

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
i prefer to think of time as a room i am in as opposed to a line i progress on. maybe it feels frozen for you because of regular shifting directions. for me it feels very normal
I think the pandemic caused a lot of people who weren't used to relative introversion (lol normies) to feel stagnated, which surely factors in to any overarching cultural shifts as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards

boywifefailure

eternally tired
Reaction score
Awards
I cannot stress enough to everyone I know that taking pictures and actually getting them printed and framed is extremely important. I make a point every Christmas to pull all my digital photos and have them printed and framed. It's important because not only is it a real, tangible picture that you can hold in your hands and cherish, but it is also going to last a very long time if it is taken care of. I fear that if the internet ever shits the bed 90% of my friends will lose everything, including family memories. and photos. Most people I know don't even keep pictures in their house of their own children because it's already readily available to them on facebook. Not I, I like to keep my house decorated with memories that are important to me, especially my own sons personal milestones, animals that I've loved and looked after and pictures of friends and family. It might seem like something silly, but ever since I started doing this, that feeling of "Being lost" as you say, has quickly started to fade away. I can look at those photos and remember that those events actually did happen and I wasn't dreaming it all up.
I like this idea a lot actually. Another thing about keeping photos on your phone or just on social media, it makes a lot of people take those photos for granted. It isn't often that someone opens social media or goes into their camera roll looking for memories. Sure, they're there, but you still have to open whatever app the photos are kept on and scroll through to find them, which most people just don't bother doing, and there's that feeling of "oh, they'll always be there, I can always go back and look at them", which leads to forgetting about it and never actually looking back on them. With a physical picture, if you hang it up in a place in your home you pass by everyday, you can't avoid seeing it like you can with digital photos.

Personally I like having both. I back up all my photos to a digital drive in case the physical copy gets damaged (accidents happen and all that) or so I can print out more copies for others, but even so I keep those files on a drive, not the internet where it could be plucked out of existent at any moment.

As cheesy as it is, putting up a photo of your loved ones where you'll be forced to see it everyday can serve as incredible motivation.

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
Perphaps its too early to comment on, but since I returned from my internet break, I feel like I have lost my sense of time cohesion (and my imagination was also reduced a lot). Now, granted thst during this period I was compiling a quasi-exaustive list of every events in my life and was constantly adding new entry each time I finished a project.

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Perphaps its too early to comment on, but since I returned from my internet break, I feel like I have lost my sense of time cohesion (and my imagination was also reduced a lot). Now, granted thst during this period I was compiling a quasi-exaustive list of every events in my life and was constantly adding new entry each time I finished a project.
This is the crux of it I think. When you're unable to be bored surfing and have to actually justify your days, it becomes a lot easier to actually accomplish things, and this makes time feel like it's progressing because you're progressing.

Your break sounds like it was productive. Maybe I need to have one. Unfortunately my work requires internet.

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
This is the crux of it I think. When you're unable to be bored surfing and have to actually justify your days, it becomes a lot easier to actually accomplish things, and this makes time feel like it's progressing because you're progressing.

Your break sounds like it was productive. Maybe I need to have one. Unfortunately my work requires internet.

It was indeed very productive. Even when I was bored, I would often mess with stuff in virtual machines and conducts all sort of scientific experiments. My productivity certainly dropped a lot after re-joining.