Does anyone remember Bud Light's Real Men of Genius Commercials?

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
I remember when my two uncles were listening this this on the radio in the car and we would all be laughing our asses off to it. It was simpler times, and not political like everything else. Bud Light made a whole series on these skits. They bring me nostalgia :D

View: https://youtu.be/RQjash3vZuU

Attachments

• R-6591725-1422694998-9552.jpeg.jpg
    R-6591725-1422694998-9552.jpeg.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1,157
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

LuxuryBland

Your Favorite Internet Dad!
Reaction score
Awards
These were great!

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
an ear for beer said:
Find more radio yesteryear here as I've assembled this classic time waster from hard drives gone by. enjoy. jimmy
www.youtube.com/channel/UCXQvq7HmJraX8H9ET8cK3jg
oooo your channel is awesome you should upload some real men of genius live action videos that the company made. Oh and how did you find agora road?

Virtual Cafe Awards

an ear for beer

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, happy to share, feel free to share as well, future generations must know of this. I occasionally search "real men of genius" hoping to stumble upon something new. That brought me to your site. I'm afraid I know next to nothing of Macintosh. I'll look into what I have "live" for future uploads thou I'd say over 90% is already there. Should you or anyone have a/v they could share or direct me to, please contact me, you can find an email on the channel "about page." I know of several real spots and live visits I have no a/v to show for. They took the campaign on the road in 2004 with the latest visit I know of in Sept 2008. Because of this, no none will ever have it all, thou there is much more to be found. Unscoped radio airchecks has been my recent hunting ground thou they're somewhat difficult to come by. The mention of Real American Heroes above is all correct. It began in 1998, thou I can't confirm they aired that year. To this point I've not uploaded those (30+ and another dozen or so for Budweiser) as they re-recorded most (if not all) as Real Men of Genius spots. That's what you'll find on the channel thou it's noted in video description as originally a RAH spot. Thanks for listening and spread the RMOG word. jimmy

• Coffee (Like)

an ear for beer

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Also you may find of interest...a recent RMOG reboot by Bud Light...Internet Heroes of Genius. Thou well written IMO they lack the original voice talent of Pete Stacker and Dave Bickler, somewhat amature music bed and sans the back up vocals of the gospel style ladies that made it all come together. You can find those (7) on the Bud Light youtube site.
www.youtube.com/user/officialbudlight/videos

• Coffee (Like)

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
an ear for beer said:
Also you may find of interest...a recent RMOG reboot by Bud Light...Internet Heroes of Genius. Thou well written IMO they lack the original voice talent of Pete Stacker and Dave Bickler, somewhat amature music bed and sans the back up vocals of the gospel style ladies that made it all come together. You can find those (7) on the Bud Light youtube site.
www.youtube.com/user/officialbudlight/videos
Oh wow I didnt know Budweiser are making new videos of the series and renaming it Internet heroes of genius, I've listened to some and I feel like it's not as par as the original bud light real men of genius and the new name is not really clicking it for me. But well see as time goes on

Virtual Cafe Awards

an ear for beer

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Agree. The name change seemed unnecessary, could be © or royalty issues involved. The original voice talent, music bed and creative scripts made for a perfect storm thou as I said, the writing here is pretty good. Perhaps more so for the target market. By most accounts this was (is) a social media direct campaign (twitter, instagram, facebook etc.) not intended for terrestrial radio. Glad to see it revisited even thou I believe they left a lot on the table. I actually tried to lay the original music bed over these new spots but was disappointed in the results. Please share this channel where you can. Thanks for listening.

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light you magicians of the Mac
When it comes to computing...your the apple of our eye

Attempt at humor. Thanks for listening and seasons greetings.

• Coffee (Like)

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
an ear for beer said:
Agree. The name change seemed unnecessary, could be © or royalty issues involved. The original voice talent, music bed and creative scripts made for a perfect storm thou as I said, the writing here is pretty good. Perhaps more so for the target market. By most accounts this was (is) a social media direct campaign (twitter, instagram, facebook etc.) not intended for terrestrial radio. Glad to see it revisited even thou I believe they left a lot on the table. I actually tried to lay the original music bed over these new spots but was disappointed in the results. Please share my channel where you can, they say with 100 subs I can apply for a relatable URL.

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light you magicians of the Mac
When it comes to computing...your the apple of our eye

Attempt at humor. Thanks for listening and seasons greetings.
way ahead of u already subscribed :) Happy Holidays!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Welcome_to_the_Plaza

I C A N M A K E I T B E T T E R F O R Y O U
Reaction score
Awards
I definitely remember these commercials. Glad they are available on YouTube. Went through a couple and had forgotten some of them.

Virtual Cafe Awards