Does anyone remember the sun being a different color when you were younger?

i grew up in the backlands, so the skies were never polluted and the lights were never too bright.
the sun, at least for me, was really yellow/super freacking bright from around 7a.m. 'til around 4:30p.m., then got a highly saturated orange color from around 5p.m onwards (kinda like the sun in my avatar)

Virtual Cafe Awards

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This is going to sound weird:

But I remember vividly when I was younger (mid 1990's) when the sun had a more yellow/slight orange hue to it. I don't know if this is attributed to different particulate in the air back then or there was a different sun cycle or something, not sure. But the sun these days is now a super bright white color.

Am I crazy?
you're crazy youtube GIF by SoulPancake're crazy youtube GIF by SoulPancake

Does anyone else remember this also?
My theory on why everyone thinks the sun was yellow stems from the fact that when we drew the sun as children, we oftentimes used yellow because of the white paper that we use. Yellow is also appears warmer and more welcoming than white, so it's often used more often in cartoons to depict the sun. So it's entirely possible that you are misremembering how the sun really looked when you were a child.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yuiui

Internet degenerate
Reaction score
Awards
Website
yuiui.moe
No Idea how I ended up on a threat this old but I just went outside for the first time in a few days and holy shit is the sun bright!
I first was also convinced it looked more yellow though that's like said before probably mind-fuckery since I haven't directly looked at the sun in probably a year or longer since I'm pretty sensitive to bright light

Virtual Cafe Awards

California1998

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
This is going to sound weird:

But I remember vividly when I was younger (mid 1990's) when the sun had a more yellow/slight orange hue to it. I don't know if this is attributed to different particulate in the air back then or there was a different sun cycle or something, not sure. But the sun these days is now a super bright white color.

Am I crazy?
you're crazy youtube GIF by SoulPancake're crazy youtube GIF by SoulPancake

Does anyone else remember this also?
I do. I think its one of two things. 1. nostalgia rose tinted glasses. 2. constant screen use and exposure to blue light has significantly fucked the way our eyes view the world. we already understand that blue light has harmful effects one the eyes(I.E vision loss) mix this with the harsh bright colors of technology and I think this may have a physical effect on the way our eyes perceive color and the world. However I strongly believe this condition to be reversable. I spent a few months with my phone on greyscale and it had a noticeable affect on how I viewed the world. with everything becoming softer if that makes any sense. Try it for yourself and you'll notice the change almost immediately

Polonius

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
One time when I was a kid I walked around a corner and looked up at the sun, and saw around (or in front of it) a sort of hexagonal or octagonal pattern of light. Imagine those light streaks you see when you squint, but form them into geometric patterns around the sun, with the outer ones (the pattern being around 2x3 or 3x3 in diameter) being partially broken, but only as though they were missing a wall or two, as though those lines were invisible. The pattern/illusion/whatever was just around the sun, not the rest of the sky. I was probably in my early/mid teens at the time, and it spooked me a bit because of how 'artificial' it looked. Probably just a visual illusion, but goes along with the idea of the sky being 'weird.' Could make for a fun sci-fi story or part of a cosmic horror someday, along with your 'sun is changing colors' thought. Can't say I've seen the sun change colors over time, and probably fall into the camp of the others saying 'atmospheric conditions.' But hey, we live in a world where Congress had some kind of hearing over alleged ET bodies, elites do weird pagan rituals, and where a flu can shut down the economies of several first-world nations, so who knows what's next?

Virtual Cafe Awards

California1998

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
i grew up in the backlands, so the skies were never polluted and the lights were never too bright.
the sun, at least for me, was really yellow/super freacking bright from around 7a.m. 'til around 4:30p.m., then got a highly saturated orange color from around 5p.m onwards (kinda like the sun in my avatar)
you seem like a cool dude. did you grow up in australia?