Does your interest in vaporwave influence how you dress?

Kind of, it's a mix of my vintage/80s/90s inspired clothing style and the 2010s Tumblr vaporwave art.
For example, pretty much all my pants at this point are suit pants that sort of resemble that 80s VHS grid graphic, and during the Summer I also wear those Hawaii type shirts, I have one with the Windows 95 logo all over it.

il_794xN.739459692_aos7.jpg

Other than that, my clothing style is a mainly inspired by Golf outfits, these typical "dad outfits", and Hip-Hop.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Kind of, it's a mix of my vintage/80s/90s inspired clothing style and the 2010s Tumblr vaporwave art.
For example, pretty much all my pants at this point are suit pants that sort of resemble that 80s VHS grid graphic, and during the Summer I also wear those Hawaii type shirts, I have one with the Windows 95 logo all over it.

Other than that, my clothing style is a mainly inspired by Golf outfits, these typical "dad outfits", and Hip-Hop.
Thats a pretty aesthetic shirt :AYAYARRR:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1043

I thought about it before and initially I bought two things, but in general no it doesn't. I prefer the stereotypical lofi indie bxtch look with some 60s inspire clothes if I'm feeling better. Leaning towards very light fabrics now tho since it's so hot

• Pepsi (Enjoyment)
Reactions: naa

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards

それは本当に素敵なシャツです。アロハシャツのようですが、レトロなテクノロジー愛好家向けです

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2040

I do have my gripe against Vapor 95, they actually stole one of my pieces back in the day.
View attachment 3893
(#ECBAC1 Blossoms, or how V95 calls it... "Across The Chasm")
After settling the matter they said they would work with me and nothing ever came of it. Be aware that their designs can be stolen.
As an artist this angers me significantly!!!! This is another reason why I'm super hermetic about my writing.... You should offer them a new design embedded with hidden penises in the negative space which only can be seen under UV light, that'll teach them a good lesson about skullduggery.

As an artist this angers me significantly!!!! This is another reason why I'm super hermetic about my writing.... You should offer them a new design embedded with hidden penises in the negative space which only can be seen under UV light, that'll teach them a good lesson about skullduggery.
I absolutely would've.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)

Lambda

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I wear a lot of vintage stuff, loose jeans and Nike blazers are my go-to. Vaporwave clothing just seems corny imo.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Pepsi (Enjoyment)

Hraelth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
No not really, I like vintage fashion but more military inspired. Although in the summer I wear lightweight pants and casual button up shirts.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kenetic.wav

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I think vaporwave has a lot of different aesthetics, and not all of those necessarily correlate directly to a distinct sense of fashion. I think with some genres there is an overarching sense of visual unity with how a person dresses and what they listen to, but vaporwave often doesn't have that. There's a lot of variety to how vaporwave can correlate to how someone presents themselves or their interest in fashion, I've seen people get into various styles from the 80s, 90s, or 2000s because of vaporwave, and there's also stores that sell modern clothing with a vaporwave aesthetic.

Does your interest in vaporwave influence how you present yourself, and how? Has it changed your interest in fashion at all
I think vaporwave has a lot of different aesthetics, and not all of those necessarily correlate directly to a distinct sense of fashion. I think with some genres there is an overarching sense of visual unity with how a person dresses and what they listen to, but vaporwave often doesn't have that. There's a lot of variety to how vaporwave can correlate to how someone presents themselves or their interest in fashion, I've seen people get into various styles from the 80s, 90s, or 2000s because of vaporwave, and there's also stores that sell modern clothing with a vaporwave aesthetic.

Does your interest in vaporwave influence how you present yourself, and how? Has it changed your interest in fashion at all?
I definitely agree with what you are saying. Each subgenre of Vaporwave has its own aesthetic persae so I feel when we are drawn to a particular sub genre of Vaporwave it will naturally influence us to dress a certain way Due to our own personality and/or personal experiences. Hence some people may prefer mallsoft due to their personality and their love for department stores and magazines. Someone who is more energetic/athletic might prefer synthwave.

Personally Vaporwave has enhanced my style of fashion due to the type of Vaporwave I prefer to listen to.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
I definitely agree with what you are saying. Each subgenre of Vaporwave has its own aesthetic persae so I feel when we are drawn to a particular sub genre of Vaporwave it will naturally influence us to dress a certain way Due to our own personality and/or personal experiences. Hence some people may prefer mallsoft due to their personality and their love for department stores and magazines. Someone who is more energetic/athletic might prefer synthwave.

Personally Vaporwave has enhanced my style of fashion due to the type of Vaporwave I prefer to listen to.
それは興味深い観察です。シンセウェーブは良いフィットネス音楽です

Virtual Cafe Awards

brinefine

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

Does your interest in vaporwave influence how you present yourself, and how? Has it changed your interest in fashion at all?
If vaporwave as a genre has something like a subculture, the fact that it's incredibly online might prevent it from having a dress code.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kenetic.wav

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
それは興味深い観察です。シンセウェーブは良いフィットネス音楽です
Thank a lot ! Yeah I definitely can't go to sleep to synthase definitely for working out only lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Nostalgic2000s

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Recently I just saw how my whole wardrobe starting to change. It`s not like I made vaporwave part of outside life. I love it, it is a very important piece for me mentally since it helps me cope with the good old times, hey, look at the name ffs. I started buying a lot of floral and palm shirts, 80s inspired polos and the like and I love them, they work well with me almost always wearing jeans. I also like that I feel unique I guess and not because I try but because I do not follow some specific trend, just dressed up in what I found...neat.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
My interest in vaporwave is kind of reflected in my dressing style because I like to wear darker clothing but with very brightly colored pieces that stand out. Just kind of the color scheme of my wardrobe, and my favorite types of jewelry, and accesories sometimes follow the trends of the 80s/90s.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2652

I used to own some Vapor 95 long-sleeves but stopped wearing them many moons ago. Nowadays, I go for the "less is more" approach with simple white tees. Imma basic bitch I know :)

Shrug

Hipster Doofus
Reaction score
Awards
I see a lot of vaporwave inspired clothing at the outlet stores near me. The fast fashion brands that tried to make a quick buck off the vaporwave aesthetic put out some really ugly clothes and seeing people wear that stuff is a bit cringy. I do think that retro fashion can look nice though. I wouldn't say that vaporwave has directly influenced the way I dress at all, but it did open my mind to wearing more colors that were out of my comfort zone.

Virtual Cafe Awards