Does your interest in vaporwave influence how you dress?

naa

I think vaporwave has a lot of different aesthetics, and not all of those necessarily correlate directly to a distinct sense of fashion. I think with some genres there is an overarching sense of visual unity with how a person dresses and what they listen to, but vaporwave often doesn't have that. There's a lot of variety to how vaporwave can correlate to how someone presents themselves or their interest in fashion, I've seen people get into various styles from the 80s, 90s, or 2000s because of vaporwave, and there's also stores that sell modern clothing with a vaporwave aesthetic.

Does your interest in vaporwave influence how you present yourself, and how? Has it changed your interest in fashion at all?

naa

I probably should've posted this in vaporwave general instead of general discussion, my bad.:maaan:

I think for me personally I was really interested in retro fashion before I was into vaporwave, especially the Y2K era but anything from the 80s, 90s, or 2000s is pretty fair game for me. I got into vaporwave several years ago and it gave me a push to actually commit to incorporating retro styles into how I dress. It was really helpful seeing a lot of people embrace these aesthetics, even if it was mostly in the form of visualizers or album covers. It also has influenced the colors I feel drawn to and like to wear.

Deleted member 2006

troll dancing GIF

• Nice
Reactions: naa

eco

Yes and no.

My interest in vaporwave, with few exceptions, is on a visual level, and I've only recently become interested in fashion at all. I find that the things I want in my wardrobe don't take inspiration from vaporwave, but rather just the same things that vaporwave itself takes inspiration from. As a result, when I look at specifically vaporwave themed clothing online, it's usually not particularly appealing to me, but it is a good resource to explore what I'm interested in and why.

I like similar imagery, I like similar color schemes, and I'm inspired by the nostalgia for a lot of the same stuff, but I don't think the way I want to style myself is inspired specifically by vaporwave.

naa

Yes and no.

My interest in vaporwave, with few exceptions, is on a visual level, and I've only recently become interested in fashion at all. I find that the things I want in my wardrobe don't take inspiration from vaporwave, but rather just the same things that vaporwave itself takes inspiration from. As a result, when I look at specifically vaporwave themed clothing online, it's usually not particularly appealing to me, but it is a good resource to explore what I'm interested in and why.

I like similar imagery, I like similar color schemes, and I'm inspired by the nostalgia for a lot of the same stuff, but I don't think the way I want to style myself is inspired specifically by vaporwave.
Yeah, I definitely relate to that. I think the things I take inspiration from are also the things vaporwave takes inspiration from, but for me vaporwave was an extra push to turn that into a coherent like, fashion choice. I'm not usually interested in specifically vaporwave-themed clothing, but I'm interested in retro clothing from eras and styles that happen to be something a lot of vaporwave is related to, or inspired by. I also definitely wouldn't have registered the color schemes popular in vaporwave as viable color schemes for like, clothing if it weren't for vaporwave.
If you wear vaporwave clothes you always look like this no exceptionsView attachment 3342
this is how I dress irl
me irl.JPG

• Pepsi (Enjoyment)
Reactions: eco

Kreislauf

Pepsi inspector
Reaction score
Awards
Personally I don't really like to stand out, so the way I dress is pretty plain. I wear a lot of black, or camo. But I would like one day to just try on something more aesthetic.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

I'll be the one to admit my cringe in that I own blank banshee + floral shoppe sweatshirts and jazz cup hoodie, but I don't wear them outside of the house (too damn hot to, anyway :justNo:).
:SataniaThumbsUp:no shame man, and no judgment to vaporwave clothing either, they make some cute stuff. repping music you like is great and floral shoppe in particular has some iconic merch!
I sure can't even wear sweatshirts and hoodies like that in winter though, shit's crazy warm, I feel like musicians always make their merch sweatshirts really thick

Deleted member 2006

I think vaporwave has a lot of different aesthetics, and not all of those necessarily correlate directly to a distinct sense of fashion. I think with some genres there is an overarching sense of visual unity with how a person dresses and what they listen to, but vaporwave often doesn't have that. There's a lot of variety to how vaporwave can correlate to how someone presents themselves or their interest in fashion, I've seen people get into various styles from the 80s, 90s, or 2000s because of vaporwave, and there's also stores that sell modern clothing with a vaporwave aesthetic.

Does your interest in vaporwave influence how you present yourself, and how? Has it changed your interest in fashion at all?
Im planning to get a miami beach shirt this summer :LeDoritoFace:

Deleted member 2040

Not at all but I would like to incorporate the aesthetics into my wardrobe and perhaps blazon some album art inspired shirts. Otherwise I normally dress in the Berlin style, because ya know it's urban, and uh, that's what's hot...? i guess but i secretly wish i lived in Berlin, it's such an awesome city....

• Coffee (Like)

eco

I'll be the one to admit my cringe in that I own blank banshee + floral shoppe sweatshirts and jazz cup hoodie, but I don't wear them outside of the house (too damn hot to, anyway :justNo:).
I'm gonna buy the jazz cup hoodie soon probably from clubgiv; if you think it's the same one, is it comfortable? Do you have any complaints?

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I'm gonna buy the jazz cup hoodie soon probably from clubgiv; if you think it's the same one, is it comfortable? Do you have any complaints?
I actually got mine from Vapor95 a few years back. Can't speak for clubgiv's quality since I've never ordered from them. Sorry. :binTot:

Virtual Cafe Awards

FlangerFobia

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Ive been thinking about this a lot lately. I feel like vaporwave inspired clothes would be pretty cool but I wouldnt be sure how to make it look not too corny (my sense of fashion is also just t shirt and jeans). Also all vaporwave themed clothes that ive found are super expensive and are like just a square picture on a shirt. Does anyone know of any vaporwave themed clothes that are not expressively signaling VW? Like they could be seen as regular clothes

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)

FlangerFobia

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I got the Mac Plus jacket from Vapor95 but was kind of dissappointed when it turned out to be more of a sweatshirt than an actual jacket, they have some pretty deceptive marketing practices. It looks nice, it feels nice, but to charge 100 dollars for a cheaply made sweatshirt labeled as a bomber jacket is scummy.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Sad

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
Ive been thinking about this a lot lately. I feel like vaporwave inspired clothes would be pretty cool but I wouldnt be sure how to make it look not too corny (my sense of fashion is also just t shirt and jeans). Also all vaporwave themed clothes that ive found are super expensive and are like just a square picture on a shirt. Does anyone know of any vaporwave themed clothes that are not expressively signaling VW? Like they could be seen as regular clothes
はい、あります。レトロでありながら、カラフルすぎず派手すぎない服をお勧めします。ニーハイスカート、スラックス、タートルネックなど。低いネックラインと少し奇妙なカット。多分いくつかのイヤリング。何よりも、微妙な蒸気波が必要な場合は、ボーリング場から戻ったばかりのように見える服が必要です。そして、ロゴや露骨に蒸気波のデザインは何もありません。

謎の女.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Pepsi (Enjoyment)

FlangerFobia

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
はい、あります。レトロでありながら、カラフルすぎず派手すぎない服をお勧めします。ニーハイスカート、スラックス、タートルネックなど。低いネックラインと少し奇妙なカット。多分いくつかのイヤリング。何よりも、微妙な蒸気波が必要な場合は、ボーリング場から戻ったばかりのように見える服が必要です。そして、ロゴや露骨に蒸気波のデザインは何もありません。
yeah thats definitely a good recommendation, thanks.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)