Donald Trump is the fall guy for the introduction of fascism

corporateclone11

Might I compare thee to an artificial rose?
Reaction score
This is largely true, although I'd argue he made some contributions himself. My fear is that the "moderate" and liberal media will completely disregard that it was their own actions and rhetoric that allowed for him to come to power and the material conditions for an American fascism to be set

Deleted member 795

I think the previously-unwitting parts of the media know now what their role was; this is one of the big reasons why the tone of news coverage began shifting back towards a general degree of responsibility toward the end of last year. The impeachment process really brought home what they'd had a hand in creating, and that's the period I started seeing changes in the tone of coverage/reporting. As for the parts that DID know what their role was...well, Fox News is gradually turning into the proverbial sinking ship, given that they've either lost control of...or lost ENTIRELY...many of their on-air people, with Chris Wallace being a good example of this at present. So these people don't want to live with their role in making this happen, either! And the Covid fiasco really put the last nails in the Trump admin's coffin, as everyone got to see The Donald's bad craziness in real time...thanks to the media trying to FINALLY do their job.

My concern for 2021 isn't so much the media's antics...rather, that concern is more directed at Trumpy's fellow-traveller crowd who, WHEN he gets his ass handed to him in November, may well start doing a lot of really scary things. It's also not helpful that Dumpf's in-house "paranoia engine", namely QAnon, hasn't been shut down yet, as that could turn into a very ugly signal source for those types after the election. We've already seen how some of those lunatics have been neck-deep in domestic terrorist actions, such as the El Paso shootings; these are the ones you REALLY need to keep an eye on, as they work just like a cellularly-structured terrorist organization, taking cryptic one-way "messages" (real and/or imagined!) from some remote source and then gearing up for maximum havoc. After all, there are very real reasons why the FBI...and note, that's TRUMP'S FBI...designated QAnon and various linked groups as domestic terrorist organizations and a threat to national security. These are the people everyone needs to worry about, not the talking heads on CNN et al.

ChillSchitzo

Crazed Gunmen
Reaction score
Awards
real people behind it are business leaders and crypt-fascissts who have infiltrated many corners of society in secret. Many overt white nationalism have slowly come to the fore because DT and once it's become normal, things will become overtly fascist.
The man?

Trump was a mediocre "caretaker" president. His incompetence laid bare the fact that the guy starring in the pro wrestling special that passes for Amerika's government doesn't matter for shit.

He appointed all his retarded "friends" (i don't think it's actually possible to have any kind of human relationship with the man, familial, business, or otherwise) to cabinet positions, made sure the drones bombed on time (important) and ginsu-missiled the absolute bare minimum number of foreign leaders the brass told him to. He out-posted every single Something Awful goon who ever lived. He corrupted every holdout libertarian into a shameful sycophant for his bizarre & lazy political platform. He turned every liberal's brains into complete MKULTRA mush. He built Obama's wall. He didn't fire Fauci.

It's almost cheating to call him a liar because he just doesn't live in our reality. Next to Dubya he's a saint but of course nobody talks about that because it's such a downer compared with thinking you're the hero for calling him the "cheeto benito". He's America distilled into human form and only people outside America dare to acknowledge this; the caricature is that unflattering.

Funniest president ever, even more than LBJ, and LBJ was a walking Cum Town skit of a man. But every minute since the 2016 election not spent reading a post where he out-Dril's Dril without even trying has been extremely depressing. Truly The Orgy is over.

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It's a sort of strange form of fascism. It's not some right-wing hyper-racial hyper-authoritarian ethnostate like Nazi-Germany. Instead, it's looking like corpos want a form of fascism where the government is basically a corporate entity and they are free to basically lord over the people with impunity. They want the government to be authoritarian, but not to enforce curfews for "political control", they just want the government to basically force everyone to pay for everything.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
It's a sort of strange form of fascism. It's not some right-wing hyper-racial hyper-authoritarian ethnostate like Nazi-Germany. Instead, it's looking like corpos want a form of fascism where the government is basically a corporate entity and they are free to basically lord over the people with impunity. They want the government to be authoritarian, but not to enforce curfews for "political control", they just want the government to basically force everyone to pay for everything.
So, not fascism?:ghostWut:

Virtual Cafe Awards
people are now starting to forget that hillary clinton was and remains literally the most hated woman in america.

every american election after 1963 may not be real but her losing to a joke candidate was fairly realistic - or at least was good for a suspension of disbelief

Virtual Cafe Awards

sleepwalker

Rogue 0f Blo0d
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
nhkhq.neocities.org
I'm kind of curious how America would develop if it continues to progress towards fascist policies tbh. America's been destabilizing for a while and Trump was just kind of the Canary in the coal mine (as if increasing frequency of domestic terror attacks wasn't obvious enough).

Both parties have shown a particular disinterest in serving the people, and much greater care and attention has been given to corporations. Corporations have paid this favor in turn, by squeezing the American worker, consumer, student, and family for every dollar and cent they can. I guess I can see America slowly becoming a Authoritarian Capitalist state, where the law is written to serve corporate interests first and foremost. There's no man with a funny mustache that shows up in this timeline even, because the American public is docile and will just ignore their problems if able.

However, I must admit: I think things are going to get better, not worse. I genuinely think that the powers have be have realized the current game of capitalism has stagnated, and soon we'll be seeing a few big companies start to be split apart to reinvigorate competition. Posturing in congress has gotten very aggressive against corpos, and a lot of companies have to started to overreach quite openly. Hell Anti-trust suits have been floating around again...

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm kind of curious how America would develop if it continues to progress towards fascist policies tbh. America's been destabilizing for a while and Trump was just kind of the Canary in the coal mine (as if increasing frequency of domestic terror attacks wasn't obvious enough).

Both parties have shown a particular disinterest in serving the people, and much greater care and attention has been given to corporations. Corporations have paid this favor in turn, by squeezing the American worker, consumer, student, and family for every dollar and cent they can. I guess I can see America slowly becoming a Authoritarian Capitalist state, where the law is written to serve corporate interests first and foremost. There's no man with a funny mustache that shows up in this timeline even, because the American public is docile and will just ignore their problems if able.

However, I must admit: I think things are going to get better, not worse. I genuinely think that the powers have be have realized the current game of capitalism has stagnated, and soon we'll be seeing a few big companies start to be split apart to reinvigorate competition. Posturing in congress has gotten very aggressive against corpos, and a lot of companies have to started to overreach quite openly. Hell Anti-trust suits have been floating around again...
Once Gen-Z starts entering politics, megacorporations are doomed.

Zoomers would pass a bill to split up large companies just because they hate them so much, they wouldn't need to even justify that overreach is happening.