What's new

Don't support PZA, This "artist" got caught stealing again

  • Thread starter admin
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 2292 times.

admin

Administrator
Awards
23
I got this from the r/vaporwave subreddit
Tracklisting with references to the originals:

https://twitter.com/HAblazin/status/1086824296650076164

Little piece of proof for the haters:
https://twitter.com/HAblazin/status/1086837428474777600

We can safely now assume that everything this "artist" puts out is stolen whole cloth. He even tried to get this pressed to vinyl through Qrates, even more blatantly trying to make profit off other people's work.

Ofcourse he's since made that album disappear and block a load of people on twitter.
 
Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Awards
14
Dont mean to spoonfeed, but whatd he do? The recordings of him sound like my friend when hes half a whiskey in...
 
Virtual Cafe Awards

Liam

New Traveler
Tried to listen to the Podcast with him, HKE and Shima. Couldn't make it further than 30 minutes in.
 

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Awards
14
PitxPrince said:
Tried to listen to the Podcast with him, HKE and Shima. Couldn't make it further than 30 minutes in.

where can i find this, cursory google search has netted only confusion, and as much as i feel that his actions are shameful and distasteful, and should be left in the past like his music, i am still interested in this whole controversy, mainly i think to learn how not to be like him and to understand how he came to do this so i can avoid the type of actions and thinking that lead to such a mess, as i am tooth-cutting vaporwave artist (not new to the music but making and producing it) i wish to not make such a mistake as him.
tldr- what podcast are you referring to and could you provide directions to it, thanks! :D
 
Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Well-Known Traveler
Awards
25
shiftycomfort said:
PitxPrince said:
Tried to listen to the Podcast with him, HKE and Shima. Couldn't make it further than 30 minutes in.

where can i find this, cursory google search has netted only confusion, and as much as i feel that his actions are shameful and distasteful, and should be left in the past like his music, i am still interested in this whole controversy, mainly i think to learn how not to be like him and to understand how he came to do this so i can avoid the type of actions and thinking that lead to such a mess, as i am tooth-cutting vaporwave artist (not new to the music but making and producing it) i wish to not make such a mistake as him.
tldr- what podcast are you referring to and could you provide directions to it, thanks! :D
oh shoot nvm I found it!!!

Here is the podcast with PZA, HKE, and SHIMA
https://ru-clip.net/video/K0FnfJqlYPM/canvas-27-pza-interview-pza-m-and-shima.html
HTML:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://ru-clip.net/embed/K0FnfJqlYPM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 
Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Awards
14
Thank you! Man, that's alot to process, I'm not a podcast person :confused:. I guess my feelings as of now are, why, this is sample based music, handling the samples, no matter how beaten to death, in a creative or even musical way is what makes this a "music genre" and not just people replaying others music for others. :-\
 
Virtual Cafe Awards

Isaac_Ascii

Active Traveler
Awards
1
As a professional Music stealer myself, I whould like to point out that PZA is stealing from small, unsigned, bedroom Producers and this is what makes him a huge dickhead, not the fact that he's sampling with low effords to mutate.

That HKE canvas was the fucking worst!
 
Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Awards
14
Isaac_Ascii said:
As a professional Music stealer myself, I whould like to point out that PZA is stealing from small, unsigned, bedroom Producers and this is what makes him a huge dickhead, not the fact that he's sampling with low effords to mutate.

That HKE canvas was the fucking worst!

I totally agree, with everything you say, i just was trying to point out that in addition to outright stealing tracks and artwork, he does a very poor job of "hiding it". which in my, small, unsigned, living room producer and music swiper's, opinion makes it even worst. Yeah that pod cast was junk, and far be it from me to judge others but i will they all sounded like they were defending, condoning, supporting his actions and simultaneously blaming the fans for expressing their discontent with an artists practices. But what the heck i guess its in the past and besides this site and what i see on bandcamp i dont really follow any "industry treads" for lack of a better phrase.
 
Virtual Cafe Awards
Macintosh Cafe.FM
Help Users
  • BobbyTrivia:
    so i'd guess that they're relatively active
    Quote Link
  • BobbyTrivia:
    you can always message r/vaporwave directly i think and it'll get sent to the entire mod team if you wanna ask for a post to be approved
    Quote Link
  • (Guest) Midnightmadness:
    Oh shoot, that's a good sign, thanks
    Quote Link
  • (Guest) Midnightmadness:
    oh
    Quote Link
  • (Guest) Midnightmadness:
    yeah because I made a post, but it said it was sent to spam
    Quote Link
  • BobbyTrivia:
    i only get messages from subreddits when i'm arguing with moderators about being banned so i duno how to actually initialize that conversation
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • IlluminatiPirate:
    Post it on here
    Quote Link
  • (Guest) aesthu:
    hey random question, so i've never been on this site before. do you use it like bandcamp?
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • BobbyTrivia:
    i use it like an old school internet forum personally
    Quote Link
  • (Guest) aesthu:
    nice
    Quote Link
  • IlluminatiPirate:
    No, but we have a "jukebox" that's posts recent vaporwave music from bandcamp
    Quote Link
  • BobbyTrivia:
    you can get to know the members instead of it just being a sea of text full of basically anons
    Quote Link
  • (Guest) aesthu:
    ah i see
    Quote Link
  • (Guest) aesthu:
    that's cool
    Quote Link
  • (Guest) aesthu:
    i've been mainly talking to vaporwave people on twitter, finally went back to the subreddit and i was like what's this agora road? looks super cool
    Quote Link
  • IlluminatiPirate:
    More people in the vaporwave community should know about agora road
    Quote Link
  • (Guest) aesthu:
    yeah this looks like a rabbit hole i'm gonna be going down for a while
    +1
    Quote Link
  • IlluminatiPirate:
    :PikaWan: very nice
    Quote Link
  • (Guest) Midnightmadness:
    Actually, my post was basically to get people's views on vaporwave and whether they consider themselves part of a community.
    Quote Link
  • IlluminatiPirate:
    Yea we have those types of posts on our vaporwave general section
    Quote Link
  • BobbyTrivia:
    i've taken more than one survey about vapor on here lol
    Quote Link
  • BobbyTrivia:
    tbh i just feel the need to scream from the mountaintops, "your music does not have to be anti-consumerism to be considered vaporwave"
    Quote Link
  • (Guest) Midnightmadness:
    So I am walking a well treaded path I guess XD
    Quote Link
    (Guest) Midnightmadness: So I am walking a well treaded path I guess XD