Don't support PZA, This "artist" got caught stealing again

• Thread starter admin
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 3713 times.

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
I got this from the r/vaporwave subreddit
Tracklisting with references to the originals:

https://twitter.com/HAblazin/status/1086824296650076164

Little piece of proof for the haters:
https://twitter.com/HAblazin/status/1086837428474777600

We can safely now assume that everything this "artist" puts out is stolen whole cloth. He even tried to get this pressed to vinyl through Qrates, even more blatantly trying to make profit off other people's work.

Ofcourse he's since made that album disappear and block a load of people on twitter.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Liam

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Tried to listen to the Podcast with him, HKE and Shima. Couldn't make it further than 30 minutes in.

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
PitxPrince said:
Tried to listen to the Podcast with him, HKE and Shima. Couldn't make it further than 30 minutes in.

where can i find this, cursory google search has netted only confusion, and as much as i feel that his actions are shameful and distasteful, and should be left in the past like his music, i am still interested in this whole controversy, mainly i think to learn how not to be like him and to understand how he came to do this so i can avoid the type of actions and thinking that lead to such a mess, as i am tooth-cutting vaporwave artist (not new to the music but making and producing it) i wish to not make such a mistake as him.
tldr- what podcast are you referring to and could you provide directions to it, thanks! :D

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Yea I cant find it either. The only podcast I found that talked about PZA was from the Private Suite Mag. But no interviews from PZA https://privatesuitepodcast.fireside.fm/6.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
shiftycomfort said:
PitxPrince said:

where can i find this, cursory google search has netted only confusion, and as much as i feel that his actions are shameful and distasteful, and should be left in the past like his music, i am still interested in this whole controversy, mainly i think to learn how not to be like him and to understand how he came to do this so i can avoid the type of actions and thinking that lead to such a mess, as i am tooth-cutting vaporwave artist (not new to the music but making and producing it) i wish to not make such a mistake as him.
tldr- what podcast are you referring to and could you provide directions to it, thanks! :D
oh shoot nvm I found it!!!

Here is the podcast with PZA, HKE, and SHIMA
https://ru-clip.net/video/K0FnfJqlYPM/canvas-27-pza-interview-pza-m-and-shima.html
HTML:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://ru-clip.net/embed/K0FnfJqlYPM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you! Man, that's alot to process, I'm not a podcast person ???. I guess my feelings as of now are, why, this is sample based music, handling the samples, no matter how beaten to death, in a creative or even musical way is what makes this a "music genre" and not just people replaying others music for others. :-\

Virtual Cafe Awards

Isaac_Ascii

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
As a professional Music stealer myself, I whould like to point out that PZA is stealing from small, unsigned, bedroom Producers and this is what makes him a huge dickhead, not the fact that he's sampling with low effords to mutate.

That HKE canvas was the fucking worst!

Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Isaac_Ascii said:
As a professional Music stealer myself, I whould like to point out that PZA is stealing from small, unsigned, bedroom Producers and this is what makes him a huge dickhead, not the fact that he's sampling with low effords to mutate.

That HKE canvas was the fucking worst!

I totally agree, with everything you say, i just was trying to point out that in addition to outright stealing tracks and artwork, he does a very poor job of "hiding it". which in my, small, unsigned, living room producer and music swiper's, opinion makes it even worst. Yeah that pod cast was junk, and far be it from me to judge others but i will they all sounded like they were defending, condoning, supporting his actions and simultaneously blaming the fans for expressing their discontent with an artists practices. But what the heck i guess its in the past and besides this site and what i see on bandcamp i dont really follow any "industry treads" for lack of a better phrase.

Virtual Cafe Awards