Dream Catalog is shutting down

• Thread starter admin
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 980 times.

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
さようなら親愛なるカタログ。夢のカタログ社員に一度出会ったことを思い出します。彼はそれが良い会場であり、給料が素晴らしかったと私に言った-そして起動するために、彼は私にカタログの最高のカセットをくれた。夢のカタログは、蒸気波の伝播と分布の主要な要因であり、ネオンの色と明るい光で、私が言えるのは、夢と悪夢のカタログの万歳です。

Virtual Cafe Awards

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Did the label just not have as much success? HKE has referred to it as a business with full-time staff after all, and there's still quite a lot of unsold merch on their Bandcamp page.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eis-T

The Taste of Late Capitalism
Reaction score
Awards
Website
eis-t.bandcamp.com
For me they were already out of it for a long time. They often actively distanced themselves from vaporwave and deleted many gems from their bandcamp. They had some amazing stuff around 2014-2016 before HKE decided they weren't a vaporwave label.

Funny coincidence: a couple of days ago someone on soulseek downloaded the parody album "DREAM CATALOGUE IS A VAPORWAVE LABEL AND HKE IS A BITCH" from my shared folder. It is absolutely unlistenable noise but it gets it point across I suppose :p

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 795

The thing that bugs me is that Shima33 wanted to keep the label going even without HKE as a hands-on. But apparently, either HKE and/or Shima33 was able to apprehend the non-musical hassles of running a label (very real! very irritating!), and the decision to go full-stop happened. It happens. At least DC is going to have something of an "orderly stop", as things could've been MUCH worse for the artists and their work if it had just crashed and burned outright; the bankruptcy of the long-gone European techno distributor EFA, for example, blew a hole in that scene that you could've driven a truck thru.