Dreams feeling more real than reality itself??

Soundstation116

Soundscape
Reaction score
Awards
I have an issue that's been plaguing me for damn near years at this point.
Does anyone elses dreams feel more real than reality itself? Like do you ever just feel like you were awake when in the dream but waking up in the real world feels like a dream in the sense it doesn't feel real?

does anyone else go through this?

Attachments

• BFD86964-1787-44DC-A105-9B9DA4CFDAE8.png
    BFD86964-1787-44DC-A105-9B9DA4CFDAE8.png
    193.5 KB · Views: 170
Virtual Cafe Awards

M0nkshood

Canary in the Coal Mine
Reaction score
Awards
I think I get what you mean (though, correct me if I'm wrong). I think the pandemic exacerbated this feeling. Things haven't been "real" since 2019 - I mean, they haven't felt real for longer than that, but it's gotten worse anyway.

I've had a rich dreaming experience my entire life. Recurring stories, themes, and people. Some feel more like memories than dreams. I also have a personal belief that the "dream world" is a special spiritual plane of existence, so parts of it can be "real" in a sense. Sometimes I wonder if it's closer to the truth than the waking world.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Thislittlecorner

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vero.co
Does anyone elses dreams feel more real than reality itself? Like do you ever just feel like you were awake when in the dream but waking up in the real world feels like a dream in the sense it doesn't feel real?

Yes. actually, to the point where it's affecting my sleep cycle. I often wake up having to remind myself that it wasn't real. Almost none of these dreams are positive. It's gotten especially worse since the pandemic started. Just this overwhelming feeling of dread. terror, and nausea. Most involve me getting harmed or tortured - for what? idk. All I know is, it's getting harder and harder to fall asleep.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Yes. actually, to the point where it's affecting my sleep cycle. I often wake up having to remind myself that it wasn't real. Almost none of these dreams are positive. It's gotten especially worse since the pandemic started. Just this overwhelming feeling of dread. terror, and nausea. Most involve me getting harmed or tortured - for what? idk. All I know is, it's getting harder and harder to fall asleep.
I had dreams like that but I also had extremely positive ones that I truly wished that were real and when I wake up I feel like crap because it was all fake the entire time in the dream.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Thislittlecorner

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vero.co
I had dreams like that but I also had extremely positive ones that I truly wished that were real and when I wake up I feel like crap because it was all fake the entire time in the dream.
I want dreams like that -one's that are positive and leave me feeling good. Instead, It's almost as if I have zero control over what I dream about. I also have the constant feeling of being watched or followed. I just end up feeling like I transported into another universe = worse off than this one. I wonder if there's a way to force or rather "train" my brain into having more positive happy dreams.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yup! And I think there's nothing wrong with that. It's just that you are more in tune with the other side, or that you are very creative. I often have quite vivid dreams and some have indeed felt more real than reality. I've even had dreams take place in the literal world, like, it was so little distorted that it could've happened just right now. Those changed my perspectives on dreams and reality itself: how do you invent the vibe, the feel of the touch of somebody, down to the texture of their skin, or anything else, especially when you've not known this person physically? I can also tell when the person I see is "someone else", or an aspect of myself. The signature vibe is different when it's an aspect of you, even that takes the form of someone else.

I've even met people I haven't even seen a picture of, nor know the name of, but I know they are familiar to me. They just don't seem to be incarnate or anywhere in my physical life right now, but I know they are very real. To me, dreams are when our souls just "fully indulge" in the other side while the body rests and the brain isn't limiting the perception.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I'd say those dreams are real, but this may be your way of dealing with anxieties. Do you have any way to deal with them in your waking life? aka, idk, creating something out of them, or just expressing them?
The more you repress stuff in waking life, the more they show up in your dreams. You need to deal with them one way or the other.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
I want dreams like that -one's that are positive and leave me feeling good. Instead, It's almost as if I have zero control over what I dream about. I also have the constant feeling of being watched or followed. I just end up feeling like I transported into another universe = worse off than this one. I wonder if there's a way to force or rather "train" my brain into having more positive happy dreams.
I dont know if you want that because when they mimic real life, you wished it was real. And when you wake up you get a feeling of dread over it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
I only get this feeling when its a longer dream and its at least somewhat believable. When it does happen tho, it really messes me up for almost the whole morning, and feels almost like an extension of the morning. As for feeling "more real" than reality, that has only happened once or twice, and only during lucid dreams.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Soundstation116

Soundscape
Reaction score
Awards
Bro that's been happening to me as well, some shit Will happen in my dreams where it's like endless stores and architecture that shouldn't be possible yet I feel more at home in my dreams than in the current reality, it's maddening.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Thislittlecorner

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vero.co
I'd say those dreams are real, but this may be your way of dealing with anxieties. Do you have any way to deal with them in your waking life? aka, idk, creating something out of them, or just expressing them?
The more you repress stuff in waking life, the more they show up in your dreams. You need to deal with them one way or the other.
Well, I have been stressing a lot lately - mostly to do with college. Even though I've been having dreams like these ever since I could remember. (Some being so vivid and real, It feels almost like a memory). I think you do somewhat have a point, in that, It may be my repressed anxieties in life translating in my sleep. Most of them have a similar theme of blame, judgment, and a sense of eeriness. I'm always surpassed or surrounded and can feel just about every sensation in them. I almost never recognize anyone - yet they seem more than familiar with me. Always judging. Not to mention the religious aspect in which falls right in line with the judgment feeling. If it is what you say it (repressed anxieties) I must be repressing or I should say holding on to a lot of emotional turmoil. Which is scary to think about lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Thislittlecorner

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vero.co
Bro that's been happening to me as well, some shit Will happen in my dreams where it's like endless stores and architecture that shouldn't be possible yet I feel more at home in my dreams than in the current reality, it's maddening.
That sounds terrifying! Just being trapped in someplace (mall, store, office building) with seemingly no end. I can see how that can be relaxing for some people. Personally, being trapped is one of my worst fears. Especially in such a large open space, that is usually populated - with no one in site. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. I've a very few dreams or I should say "nightmares" about this very thing. I'd have to find a way out.

Virtual Cafe Awards

FallingLeaves

Nature is serene
Reaction score
Awards
I feel like when we dream, we are in more in touch with our raw imagination and emotion. The dream world is a blank slate for anything. There's no external information - everything is you.

It's like unlocking the mental state you had as a child, but even better.

Thislittlecorner

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vero.co
I feel like when we dream, we are in more in touch with our raw imagination and emotion. The dream world is a blank slate for anything. There's no external information - everything is you.

It's like unlocking the mental state you had as a child, but even better.
That's an interesting way to look at it. Kind of like an extension of ourselves we don't consciously keep in touch with. Or explore in a deeper level. Unless I completely missed your point - in which my bad.

Virtual Cafe Awards

VaporwaveHistorian

The Archbishop of Nova Justiniana and All Cyprus
Reaction score
Awards
Website
archbishopkarolos.blogspot.com
I have nerve problems so I was given some meds for it -weird stuff. It made me see entire days' worth of dreams. I would live an entire day in my dream, would write essays and wake up to them unfinished... I remembered every single detail of my dreams in chronological order for some reason. When I forgot to take it, I saw an inception-like dream of me shouting, "What is real?". At some point, I was typing in my dream, "This one is real, this one is not a dream, and this is the proof!"
I stopped taking those meds, of course.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
I also had the strange feeling that the years of 2019 and before, wasnt feel as real as the present. Many memories made me feel nostalgia about livin in a different dimension and the things wont feel the same again. Also i had a phobia about fast evolution and the things will stop be the same and as the years passing, we will be in a futuristic dystopia, i had this feeling from the high school years. Thankfully i matured, i grew up and i realized that i just didnt live the past years because i was everyday trapped in my mind, it was just a product of the depression. I love dreams, i love dreaming about matrix combat, going to nice places, with nice people, doing what im not doing in the reality, feeling feelings that it is rare to feel, i believe our consciousness if we develop it and reach our true and best potential, we can reach very good results. Dreams are a perfect way for the body and soul to detonate feelings, emotions and thoughts that bother us or we cant easily provoke in the real world. Also some dreams have meanings about our life and the mind speaks to you, i know its strange but i believe the mind gets into strange shit, you should search deep inside you and understand. Thats why i love life because of the mysteries and the secrets that hides inside her. And the most important they will never end having mysteries and secrets.
●Watch the numbers, they are the language of the universe.
●Watch the coinsidences, nothing is a coinsidence.
●Watch your thoughts, they determine your vibration.
●Watch your diet, the people around you and your routine, they determine your energy.
● Follow your body flow, be carefull of what music youre hearing, set right your breathing( only from nose), have goals and dreams, they determine your frequency.
Energy, Frequency, Vibration.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

VaporwaveHistorian

The Archbishop of Nova Justiniana and All Cyprus
Reaction score
Awards
Website
archbishopkarolos.blogspot.com
I don't even remember posting on this thread before but apparently I did, around 4 months ago. An update, then.

No meds, but I have the inability to wake up. It is just like being jailed in another dimension, I can't even explain it. I have searched the net and all I find are "signs of depression: can't get out of bed" kind of stuff. No, I literally can't wake up. I open my eyes and it's a heavy, blurry reality. I fall back into a half-dream state where I can move my hands in real life but it takes too much effort, I half-see reality (mixed with hypnopompic hallucinations), and I can't just sit the fuck up in bed. Only checking the time and boom, back into the half-sleep for either 3 hours or 10 minutes. My last hypnopompic hallucination was me getting up, taking a few steps, then waking up in the bed again. Getting up, taking a few steps, losing vision and collapsing. It was a hallucination as well. Opening my eyes, looking at the wall, opening them again for real, etc.

At night, I have Cotard's delusion very often. It's when you believe you are dead. Darkness causes it for some reason. I also have variations of believing I went blind, am actively dying, or have ceased to have a beating heart. Turning the light on helps to a degree.

No one takes this shit seriously when I tell them but my reality is actively collapsing daily and nightly. My shrink thinks I am just "young and insecure".

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I have nerve problems so I was given some meds for it -weird stuff. It made me see entire days' worth of dreams. I would live an entire day in my dream, would write essays and wake up to them unfinished... I remembered every single detail of my dreams in chronological order for some reason. When I forgot to take it, I saw an inception-like dream of me shouting, "What is real?". At some point, I was typing in my dream, "This one is real, this one is not a dream, and this is the proof!"
I stopped taking those meds, of course.
My friend smoked african dream herb and lived an entire lifetime in a dream, fucked him up for months.

I've had a few doing the same thing that have lasted several days to weeks. It's wild.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz

I had a dream once about waking up, eating breakfast, and getting ready for my last day of grade school. The entire dream took place in what felt like real time. After walking there, however, after almost 2 hours had passed in the dream, I realized I had forgotten my yearbook, and then I woke up and had to do it all over again. Literally this comic except I actually made it all the way to the school before waking up.
7tkz_s2vjgAlgkeOM_LXWrovxS6Ic4agp1YR1ULqYJ8.png

Virtual Cafe Awards