Dreams

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
has anyone else been having more interesting dreams lately ? good or bad? like way different than what you normally are used to?
I've had night terrors my whole life so I'm used to some very awful shit.
But lately I've been having dreams more so lately that having been focusing more on previous mistakes I've done.. and I wake up in a state of mind I'm unfamiliar with or just perhaps haven't experienced in a solid decade or more.
Currently I'm going through what appears to be the beginning of a depressing divorce and will be fucked out of being around my babies
But a portion of my dreams seem to be focused on previous relationship mistakes I've made, at least the major ones anyway..
Ex: go to sleep thinking about the wife and my kids feeling sad at how all this is affecting me mentally and emotionally.... Proceed to have a dream focusing on the biggest relationship I had a few people prior to my marriage and all the mistakes I made within that one which was a drastically different dynamic and set of mistakes. End up feeling sad when I wake up for different reasons then I went to sleep with.
Its not just my relationships with significant others, its also with family and friends but ex's seem to be a focus more than other topics or people.
Am I overthinking all this? Could my mind and emotions be trying to cope for me and is showing me worse things to distract myself away from my current situation and just failing at it? Am I looking for an explanation when one may not exist? Do I just need a solid slap across the face and accept shit and move forward?

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

cybercola

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if my dreams have gotten more interesting as such, but I've definitely been having some vivid ones. Actually, a lot are also about past mistakes I've made, or things I regret not doing better. Going back decades sometimes. In waking life I'm always running through detailed scenarios over and over in my head to mentally prepare myself for things that will happen, I guess while dreaming I do that too just for stuff that already happened.

feels like yours is much the same, you're experiencing something bad and your brain is digging through its archives trying to find solutions based off of what happened before. that or the emotions you're feeling are being picked up on by your brain and it's trying to find similar things because it thinks thats what you want to experience. depends how benevolent you think your brain is. the brain copes in funny ways sometimes

Virtual Cafe Awards

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
oh my brain is a total asshat sometimes, huh I too run scenarios through my brain constantly about a variety of things...life for me has always been sets of crossroads...ironically the more these dreams revisit my past, I realize at many different avenues in life especially relationships I've made the wrong choice over and over again.....starting to sense an overall theme to my life patterns

Virtual Cafe Awards

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
I forget most of my dreams yet I've been having lots of "dejavu" experiences recently where I feel like I'm living what I saw in previous dreams. It's kinda strange.
sounds like your having premonitions fren !

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shrug

Hipster Doofus
Reaction score
Awards
I quit smoking weed a few months ago and have been having really strange and vivid dreams almost every day since then. One of my friends told me that quitting weed has allowed my brain to get deeper into REM or something, I dunno if that's true.
A recurring dream that I've had frequently since I was a kid is just me wandering around this enormous shopping mall filled with really interesting and unique stores, but I always feel very dazed, sluggish, and lost and don't have money to buy any of the cool stuff. It's always the same mall and layout, which seems odd to me. Any interpretations? Maybe it's consumerism manifesting in my sleep, haha.

Virtual Cafe Awards

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
I quit smoking weed a few months ago and have been having really strange and vivid dreams almost every day since then. One of my friends told me that quitting weed has allowed my brain to get deeper into REM or something, I dunno if that's true.
A recurring dream that I've had frequently since I was a kid is just me wandering around this enormous shopping mall filled with really interesting and unique stores, but I always feel very dazed, sluggish, and lost and don't have money to buy any of the cool stuff. It's always the same mall and layout, which seems odd to me. Any interpretations? Maybe it's consumerism manifesting in my sleep, haha.
oh yea quitting weed will do that, I used it for a long time specifically to not dream and avoid my night terror issues

man your reoccurring dream sounds pleasant though...i had one involving thundercats that would end in a very long falling sequence till i woke up usually in a sweat storm, or i had another that involved Kreuger for 10 years straight smh
maybe try working on being able to take control in your dream perhaps the mall is a training ground for your mind ?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shrug

Hipster Doofus
Reaction score
Awards
oh yea quitting weed will do that, I used it for a long time specifically to not dream and avoid my night terror issues

man your reoccurring dream sounds pleasant though...i had one involving thundercats that would end in a very long falling sequence till i woke up usually in a sweat storm, or i had another that involved Kreuger for 10 years straight smh
maybe try working on being able to take control in your dream perhaps the mall is a training ground for your mind ?
Being able to take control in that particular dream would be really neat. I wouldn't say it's particularly pleasant though , because I always feel like I'm in a total daze and can't focus on anything. Sort of like I'm just wandering aimlessly.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe you just love stores and like to recreate such a feeling; or maybe you're remembering a childhood experience you had long ago.

Virtual Cafe Awards

---Bob---Sacamano---89---

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've had a dream where I got two tickets to Japan and I send one to my friend who has agoraphobia and so fears travelling overseas. Miraculously he ends up arriving at Narita and we take the train to our hotel in the Tokyo bay area, but once on the train he freaks out and won't get out to actually explore the area outside of the train. I'm sad and frustrated because he's come all this way, but won't come out to just see what Tokyo is like. He books a ticket back to Sydney and won't get off the train. I leave him on the train and wake up real sad.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I recently put together an archive of all my dream journals, a practice I've kept since 2012. I haven't noticed any strong difference in all that time, the vibe never changes. That might be because I've never been able to get consistent lucidity though, there might be some set of twenty-four effects out there I'm just not aware of because I don't have the capabilities to get out of a linear trajectory.

Virtual Cafe Awards

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
I recently put together an archive of all my dream journals, a practice I've kept since 2012. I haven't noticed any strong difference in all that time, the vibe never changes. That might be because I've never been able to get consistent lucidity though, there might be some set of twenty-four effects out there I'm just not aware of because I don't have the capabilities to get out of a linear trajectory.
ive only recently in the past year started actually writing my shit down in a journal...its become really helpful

Virtual Cafe Awards

FalseReality

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
has anyone else been having more interesting dreams lately ? good or bad? like way different than what you normally are used to?
I've had night terrors my whole life so I'm used to some very awful shit.
But lately I've been having dreams more so lately that having been focusing more on previous mistakes I've done.. and I wake up in a state of mind I'm unfamiliar with or just perhaps haven't experienced in a solid decade or more.
Currently I'm going through what appears to be the beginning of a depressing divorce and will be fucked out of being around my babies
But a portion of my dreams seem to be focused on previous relationship mistakes I've made, at least the major ones anyway..
Ex: go to sleep thinking about the wife and my kids feeling sad at how all this is affecting me mentally and emotionally.... Proceed to have a dream focusing on the biggest relationship I had a few people prior to my marriage and all the mistakes I made within that one which was a drastically different dynamic and set of mistakes. End up feeling sad when I wake up for different reasons then I went to sleep with.
Its not just my relationships with significant others, its also with family and friends but ex's seem to be a focus more than other topics or people.
Am I overthinking all this? Could my mind and emotions be trying to cope for me and is showing me worse things to distract myself away from my current situation and just failing at it? Am I looking for an explanation when one may not exist? Do I just need a solid slap across the face and accept shit and move forward?
Are you worried about having future relationships? Maybe it would be worth seeing it as your mind trying to make sure u don't make that mistake again. If you don't stress it as much it might not be as bad

Virtual Cafe Awards

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards
Are you worried about having future relationships? Maybe it would be worth seeing it as your mind trying to make sure u don't make that mistake again. If you don't stress it as much it might not be as bad
i think if i do end up divorced im not going to bother much with relationships after that, always told myself i would get married once and only once in my lifetime

Virtual Cafe Awards

FalseReality

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It could be possible part of you still wants to, even if the more rational doesn't. Part of that animal drive to reproduce.
Best thing probably is finding a way to understand your feelings and don't take it too seriously if you have bad dreams. Having negative reactions to it can cause it to happen more

Virtual Cafe Awards