Elden Ring

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
lol can you help me beat melenia?
Yesterday I arrived at her area and I think I will face her today. I'm scared because everyone is struggling with her :confusedMikasa:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Bleed or frost my guy, she's got a stupid fucking amount of health for both phase 1 and 2.
Just beat her. My DMG output wasn't the problem, her fast af moveset was. I ended up using the mimic tear and 2v1ed her stupid anime ass *spits*

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Bruh, they really did Yhorm 2.0 with Rykard.
Guess I'm not complaining though, he was cool and I had fun with the fight so eh
Phase 2 was visually a little bit too much imo, I had no idea what the fuck was going on, floating fire skulls everywhere, lava on the ground, the boss itself being a visual clusterfuck (in a good way). I just kept spamming my WA to stunlock him.
Right now I'm helping people with Melania and some other bosses just to see what others are rolling and I'm having fun.
And DAMN this game is so fucking aesthetic. They let me JoJo-pose in cool armor in front of cool backgrounds.

fashion2.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
wtf big M, don't let norms kinkshame you.

I am already on my 2nd playthrough btw. and beat Radahn again. 170hrs so far but now finally the burnout kicked in. Definitely worth the money and it lived up to my hype. Really interested to see what Fromsoft is gonna do next. I expect maybe one or two more DLCs for ER and a new Armored Core was teasered as well but I wonder if they're finished now with the Souls Formula or if the great milking begins now and Fromsoft is gonna fall from grace. Maybe it's just because I just overdosed on ER for 3 weeks but I kinda want them to leave it at that. Maybe give ER the final touch with DLC as they did with DaS3 but then try something new.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I should've seen this coming but I hate getting locked out of quests because I was just making progress.
Anyway, I killed Rykard without thinking (I literally forgot he was a demigod) and now I can't get the rest of the armaments from the assassination missions from Volcano Manor :drinkBleach:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I should've seen this coming but I hate getting locked out of quests because I was just making progress.
Anyway, I killed Rykard without thinking (I literally forgot he was a demigod) and now I can't get the rest of the armaments from the assassination missions from Volcano Manor :drinkBleach:
same here :monkaHmm:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I've heard you can have a waifu that can comfort you, tbh that and the samurai build just makes me want to play the game now, i finished Dark Souls 1 and 2 so i know it would be fun.
View attachment 22998
Play bloodborne. I haven't played elden ring yet because exams but i have hundreds of hours on all of the other ones and it's the best by far. Bloodborne is on a level of its own. It has the atmosphere of demons souls and the best game play.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Play bloodborne. I haven't played elden ring yet because exams but i have hundreds of hours on all of the other ones and it's the best by far. Bloodborne is on a level of its own. It has the atmosphere of demons souls and the best game play.
i don't own a ps4.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
pIay bloodborne. I haven't played elden ring yet because exams but i have hundreds of hours on all of the other ones and it's the best by far. Bloodborne is on a level of its own. It has the atmosphere of demons souls and the best game play.
I played the entire franchise a lot and after finishing ER I would rank them like this:
1. BB, because it just struck a personal nerve with my tastes with the aesthetic and themes, the trick weapons and everything else. The DLC then was just Bloodborne + and the pinnacle of the pinnacle.
2. DaS purely because of nostalgia. I know it's not perfect but I think only Morrowind has more playtime overall in my library. Also in 2nd place:
Sekiro because it's mechanically by far their best entry yet. For me personally it was very hard and I never replayed it because it was more of a chore because of that but the Combat itself was the the best it's ever been and finally getting a Shinobi Execution on a boss you've been grinding for an hour was the best feeling. the whole weeb aesthetic also was a nice breath of fresh air from the Souls' dark fantasy castles.
Also also in 2nd place:
Elden Ring: Yet to wait for DLC but it does feel like the next organic evolutionary step after Dark Souls and "awesome" and "epic" are actually fitting to describe the game. It's basically Dark Souls but mechnically improved and more varied set in a well crafted open world and with some updates and DLC it might get even better and then contend with BB for 1st place.
3. DaS3, especially because of the DLCs, they end the series on a high note. Yet I was a little burnt out on the series already when I played it and I kept comparing it to what came before because it wasn't different enough. Still a very good game though.
Also in 3rd place:
DeS: The one that started it all (yeah I know, King's Field exists). I played it while waiting for DaS2 to release because I started with DaS. Naturally, it's missing a lot of improvements the series has gotten over the years and feels very raw but there's beauty in that. Basically what happened is that Miyazaki joined Fromsoft and FS for some reason thought DeS was a lost cause and that it would flop so they just put the new guy on the job to show what he's capable of and they gave him free reign. Because of that, DeS has a very unique feel to it. Every entry after this was more or less under the thumb of some suits from the publishers while DeS enjoyed creative freedom at its maximum. So definitely something special. What it lacks in mechanical sophistication, it makes up for in atmosphere and level design. A must play if you like the series imo but not mandatory if you're just interested in the best gameplay.
4. DaS2 the game had to be scrapped halfway through development (or most of it) and the good people at Fromsoft were already working on BB. DaS2 is the black sheep in the family. Visually ugly with a very cartoonish artstyle, cut/unfinished content everywhere and mechanically wierd. It just feels the worst to play. Hit feedback on both yourself and the enemeis just feels off, everything kinda feels like paper and plastic, the sound design is terrible. BUT it still improved a lot of things. Build variety is to this day bascially unmatched. There's a weapon from every category for basically all the 4 main stats. Want a twinblade that sacles with STR? We have it!
Casting/Sorcery/pyros etc. got a huge array of more spells and toys. In DaS sorcery was 90% of differently sized energy blasts and in DaS2 we got so much more variation. Power stancing was dope (and I'm glad ER brought it back) and there were many much needed QoL improvements. So it hurts even more that the rest of the game fell flat. Yet compared to other ARPGs still very strong, just happend to be the worst souls game imo. Still more than playable, wouldn't skip it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
1647501093893.png

Virtual Cafe Awards