Elder Scrolls General

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
They're reptiles so I'd assume it's just fat. As other races interacted with Argonian society, it's possible that male Argonains began to appreciate the booba which through years of selective breeding led to the development of Argonian tiddies. That or every race in skyrim is just a heavily mutated version of ancient human which was wiped out by a catastrophic world event. idk
Chipping in to mention that almost all the races are, indeed, descended from one ephemeral race which split into two which then developed into all the various species of men and elves. The notable exception being the lizard folk. They are actually a leftover remnant from before current creation, the only one of the 12 worlds smashed together that remained in-tact. The Hist are literally alien tree-gods more ancient than creation, and the Argonians are their personal slave-race, so they could have just one day decided their lizard women would have boobs for whatever reason and made it happen.

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Chipping in to mention that almost all the races are, indeed, descended from one ephemeral race which split into two which then developed into all the various species of men and elves. The notable exception being the lizard folk. They are actually a leftover remnant from before current creation, the only one of the 12 worlds smashed together that remained in-tact. The Hist are literally alien tree-gods more ancient than creation, and the Argonians are their personal slave-race, so they could have just one day decided their lizard women would have boobs for whatever reason and made it happen.

View: https://youtu.be/8t5aQ2mTx-4

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards

jaedaen

Stay a while, and listen.
Reaction score
Awards
Well, my favorite is the original: Arena. I played it back when it was new. It was quite advanced for its time. Great game! I'm glad it's spawned such a prolific legacy. It's interesting what games end up becoming massive decades long franchises and don't though. It's all so random. There are many that could have been so excellent that just died on the vine, those which I'm sure most of you hadn't heard of. It's sad

As a music nerd, I loved the soundtrack to Arena, made by the excellent Eric Heberling. To shamelessly whore out my youtube channel once again, I've done a few orchestral remixes of this soundtrack:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j6JXw_2CKE&list=PLHcze1EUkdbpRaqvLLj3Pdu43wWaw0U2-&index=1

Virtual Cafe Awards

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I LOVED Skyrim back in the day, I played it through like 5 times. I came back to it last year and man, it has not held up well at all. It's still a fun game, but it feels so much more... shallow, somehow. I think a big part of it is, first of all, that a lot of the story quests are boring. Like the mage college plotline in particular I remember thinking was boring even back in the day and now it was a slog. The speech system just sucks and a lot of characters don't act very believably. The other problem is that it really feels like a power fantasy sometimes with how effortlessly the dragonborn can do everything. Like in particular what stands out to me is that even one of the Daedra says that you rival his power, and there's a questline where you pick up the keening - the thing that the Nerevar needed a special glove to touch without dying instantly - and it just makes you feel slightly ill. I can get behind fun power fantasy, but this wasn't a power fantasy I really enjoyed.
I get what you're saying. As someone who played Skyrim more than the other ES games, it always felt like the Dragonborn was the center of the universe instead of just being an everyman character, which doesn't work very well for RPG's imo. I think that's why a lot of people tend to favor Fallout more than ES in some regard, because Morrowind and Oblivion are somewhat guilty of this too, but Skyrim raised the stakes too high in it's main questline and it really fucked up what they were able to do with the side quests. Nothing you really do in the side quests matters ESPECIALLY the Civil War questline because the way they built the campaign relies too heavy on the world remaining a certain way to keep the plotline in check.

Virtual Cafe Awards