"Elementary, Agora" Sherlock Holmes LARP thread: Observe people in the crowd

Excerpt for A Study in Scarlet, 1st Sherlock Holmes novel:

"From a drop of water," said the writer, "a logician could infer the possibility of an Atlantic or a Niagara without having seen or heard of one or the other. So all life is a great chain, the nature of which is known whenever we are shown a single link of it. Like all other arts, the Science of Deduction and Analysis is one which can only be acquired by long and patient study, nor is life long enough to allow any mortal to attain the highest possible perfection in it. Before turning to those moral and mental aspects of the matter which present the greatest difficulties, let the inquirer begin by mastering more elementary problems. Let him, on meeting a fellow-mortal, learn at a glance to distinguish the history of the man, and the trade or profession to which he belongs. Puerile as such an exercise may seem, it sharpens the faculties of observation, and teaches one where to look and what to look for. By a man's finger-nails, by his coat-sleeve, by his boots, by his trouser-knees, by the callosities of his forefinger and thumb, by his expression, by his shirt-cuffs–by each of these things a man's calling is plainly revealed. That all united should fail to enlighten the competent inquirer in any case is almost inconceivable."

Ok here's the game, read a couple of Sherlock Holmes novels and always envied how homosexuals and my grandma could read people on the street. So:

1-Wherever you're in a crowd, observe people.
2-Based on your observations, try to deduct something about them.
3-If you find your inference to be clever and elementary, you can take note of it here -no pictures obviously.
4-Malicious agents scrape the data. We feel we're targeted to buy products more effectively.

Very forced thread, but in any case, just a reminder to carefully look at people. Maybe you find something!

Went to a bootleg shitty flea market today and saw a man, around fifty. Then I observed his nails. the middle one was dirty or white. Deducted nothing.

Also saw a seemingly schizophrenic old man having a fit of dramatic anger and wailing crying and screaming in a deserted closed commercial passage. Millenially sat at hearing distance from him, looking at his reflection on a shop, for 10 minutes while he screamed alone disparaged fragments of harsh moments of his life:

- He was "El Chunruguito" -something like that- speaks in 3rd person about him: "DEJEN AL CHURUNGUITO EN PAZ!!!"
- "COLORADO SI TE LA QUERES GARCHAR A LA GABY ALADA, A MI QUE ME IMPORTA" screamed while performatively wimping: El colorado, possibly a gringo -an italo-descent in Argentina- copulated with Gaby Alada, a girl he might have liked or was his, in spite of his seeming remark of uncaring.
- "YO NO ME VOY A PRESENTAR!!, YO NO ME VOY A PRESENTAR!!" also screaming and crying: I'm not going to present: A bad job? Forced military conscription?.

Was too shy to approach him for fear to "get hooked" to a man who had lost the thread of reality. Didn't look like begging was screaming too much and people avoided him. He was broken, people think of degenerative

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
I'm pretty retarded and don't know what this means, but I always observe people when walking 'round the city. I have seen very interesting individuals, and followed many (just to see what they would do, not in a weird way). I think it's just interesting. All of the people I have observed are never happy. No one is every happy around the city, everyone is always so mean... but I get it, it's not happy living life this way where your only happiness comes from booze and other drugs.
Anywho, I always have a interest in observing crackheads, homeless, and women that look crazy, and occasionelly the weird homosexual guys because they dress so weird. This one homeless guy lives in the forest nearby, and he is very aggressive, he would always throw a bottle my way so I would run away. He has long hair and a long coat but he has been wearing the same stuff for 3 years, he also runs after people, it is kinda funny, at this point he knows me though. It is interesting to observe him, he would get a stick, walk in circles for hours and scream about stuff, but it is just gibberish.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I already do this, i have made around 50k by selling data through my CR0-2 retina enhanced scanners, its not worth it the extreme sensitivity to the color green though,
You can get more data through drones cleverly disguised as pidgeons.
I watch you from the top of a building = Felony.
Pi-G30N appliance lands at a nearby tree? Nobody bats an eye.

iu

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
it stank
deduction: i farded

Virtual Cafe Awards
What the fuck are you talking about? I can't read people at all, in fact i actully feel anxious in public spaces.
3a6f616d2aff62dd9a609280d7c6855f.jpg
I can look at a man on the streets for a sec and i can confidently tell where they live and with whom. You are clearly a poser.

Virtual Cafe Awards

EzzyCrafts

Specimen 1.0-C
Reaction score
Awards
I already do this, i have made around 50k by selling data through my CR0-2 retina enhanced scanners, its not worth it the extreme sensitivity to the color green though,
You can get more data through drones cleverly disguised as pidgeons.
I watch you from the top of a building = Felony.
Pi-G30N appliance lands at a nearby tree? Nobody bats an eye.

iu
How?

Virtual Cafe Awards
it stank
deduction: i farded
Sedimentary Kaufman, sedimentary

Thanks for the responses yeah, this thread is what it is. Though I have to give it to Sir Arthur "Detective Conan" Doyle, I'm seeing slightly less asses and more dirty nails and people's skin. I find impossible to detect people's vocation, and even more compared to late 19th century. How do you detect a community manager Sherlock? maybe by his amount of scrolling in their index finger? yeah I don't know.

Search "How to read people" books online but all stuff on the matter is about neurolinguistic programming, persuasion, marketing, PUA bullshit. Not just exercises on watching people.

Maybe medical books about infering diseases in people by their look and skin would be a more interesting search query, which I haven't done because I don't really care that much.

Also if you're practicing drawing, it's nice to just get lost in some old lady's arm wherever you are waiting in line for some bureucratic. Checking where the lateral and medial condyles -epicondyles?- and from there the flexors and extensors muscles. Women arms suck shit by the way.

- As @Z0diacK mentioned, people are depressed on the bus and in downtown, but this might be just being horribly cramped coming back from work.
- Lots of single women in the bus. Not a lot of women with a wedding ring.
- Saw two women walking by with a shitty serpent hand tatoo. I think this is some bullshit paganism thing currently on vogue.
- Lots of people walking with a gait -rengueando? forgot the term in english- past 50. Read someone here talk about disabledpunk or something and say that a good amount of people are prone to get disabled as time passes, and he might be right.
- Saw a woman with assymetrical shoe lace loops. I inferred she was messy, then I saw her nails, she had a botched nail job-WATSON grab her she's the killer!!! By the heavens, hit her!! Beat her to death with your cane!!