Elon Musk purchases Twitter | Guess who's back? | Tactical Salt

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Seems like Elon decided to not join the board. Not sure what kind of influence he could wield over the company outside of it, but this appears to be another case of him overselling expectations and under delivering reality.
View attachment 25543
The specific mention of fiduciary duties and the fact that it was Elon's choice makes me think that they gave him guidelines on how they want him to act on the app, and probably off as well, on the basis of the company's image which scared him off. Not surprising, they are often over incumbent for large tech firms because of the risk of places like BuzzFeed writing articles in the form "You won't believe what a board member of Twitter said". Obviously it isn't the case for Elon who is independently prominent, but often the people who hold these positions for large firms become worthy of public attention mainly for the fact that they hold the position, so the press centers around that.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mauisun_user237

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have mixed feelings about Elon Musk but I do support him buying all of Twitter and calling it TwitterChan just to drive people insane.

slowdive said:

fuck it let's all get on Truth Social or whatever that gay app is

I wanted to try it although it will definitely be like boomer meme city (which is also great), but I've been on the waiting list forever.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards

Attachments

• 1649935896179.png
    1649935896179.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 66
Virtual Cafe Awards
Jack Dosery crying as he watches his left-wing stronghold turn into a sodium-chloride mine as Musk builds an autistic stronghold with a town for regular peeps to thrive in.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
There is no way Twitter is worth what Musk is offering to buy for. They'd be fools not to take this deal. How do you even make the site that profitable without going all in on ads and paywalls?
I don't know much about this type of thing but maybe the offer was just a way of making stock prices soar so he could help some friends get rich. But that's just my baseless speculation.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Seems like Elon decided to not join the board. Not sure what kind of influence he could wield over the company outside of it, but this appears to be another case of him overselling expectations and under delivering reality.
View attachment 25543

He would have been outvoted (IIRC) 11 to 1 on every board decision and been able to do nothing.
And apparently there's a hard limit to how much he could own while on the board. Under 16% share of the company,
Inviting him to the board was their way of defanging him, making sure he can't go on to do a hostile takeover.
If he doesn't join the board he maintains the option to gobble up more and more share of twitter.

That said I won't hold my breath that he's actually gonna do a hostile takeover.
And I have a feeling the FTC would probably try to jam him up if he tried.
But at least there's a chance as long as he's not on the board.

Virtual Cafe Awards
There is no way Twitter is worth what Musk is offering to buy for. They'd be fools not to take this deal. How do you even make the site that profitable without going all in on ads and paywalls?
they'll probably decline it for 'values' or whatever
i don't particularly like elon musk but it would be interesting to see what he does to twitter

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
1649949286751.png

Elon Musk is literally Hitler!

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
If I was Rothschild rich I would do that, as a charitable act for the common good.
You're never going to be Rothschild rich with that attitude

View attachment 25789

Elon Musk is literally Hitler!
I decided to look this guy up. He's a literal who but slam dunking on these self righteous psuedo intellectuals is always fun. his Google generated description has him as an advocate for "the Open Web" ...yet he can't handle alternative opinions and just wants a "fact checked" echo chamber. Anyone who disagrees with him is a bot

His Wikipedia article reads like he edited it himself.
:SoyChamp:Jarvis is the creator of the popular weblog BuzzMachine
Jarvis also describes himself as "a post-9/11 hawk."
Yet the most recent entry on his blog is him wanting NATO to escalate a conflict with Russia :SpacePalm:

And then there's this, which reads like a shitpost
sstwatter22.png

sstwatter2.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Cobalt

Cairnkicker
Reaction score
Awards
Wowie! A rich billionaire wants to buy Twitter! I'm totally 100% sure he's doing it to benefit the working and middle class! Totally not for personal gain! Super rich people like him are known for caring deeply about freedom of speech, being non-partisan, and the well being of the little guy!

Other elites are the big evil! But totally not Mr.Musk! he tweets about crypto and other things us non-normies care about so therefore he must be le based and le red pilled! <3

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This will be a rather off-topic post.
Wowie! A rich billionaire wants to buy Twitter! I'm totally 100% sure he's doing it to benefit the working and middle class! Totally not for personal gain! Super rich people like him are known for caring deeply about freedom of speech, being non-partisan, and the well being of the little guy!

Other elites are the big evil! But totally not Mr.Musk, he tweets about crypto and other things us non-normies care about so therefore he must be le based and le red pilled!
I remember when he used to be the god of reddit. And the media was sucking his dick so hard in the late Obama years. He was portrayed as this genius businessman etc. When he was born in wealth, basically got rich with paypal that basically spawned a horde of anti-human technocrats, then he pivoted to making money from the green economy scam, and going on goverment welfare with his space company.

Oh, also his grandfather was not only a card carrying Technocracy Inc. member, but he lead a national branch of it in Canada.
https://archive.ph/XYJXt (Washington Post)

In the 1930s, Haldeman led the Canadian branch of the Technocracy movement, when "technocrat" meant something very different than a bland centrist politician. Then, it was a uniformed movement that marched under the Monad, or yin and yang, symbol, aiming to replace democracy with a society led by engineers. According to Lepore, Haldeman's politics may have been his key bequest to his grandson.

Believing that science and technology could cure all ills, Haldeman campaigned for the capitalist monetary infrastructure to be replaced by a new universal currency, based on a unit of heat, to be known as the erg. The technocrats even wanted an end to prices, in the view that scientists could handle distribution within society far better than the market.

Such concepts seemed dangerous to the Canadian government, which banned the movement over its opposition to World War II. The belief system faded away with the growth of prosperity after the war. But similar ideas are inspiring the current excitement over meme stocks, cryptocurrency and the man who now calls himself "Technoking."
Oh hey, the carbon credits! Muh expert worship etc.

In general I am not against rich people, but at least this demographic of tech and finance elites are practically trained to believe in all the same ideologies. He is practically pushing for digitization, the extremely restricted and traceable electric and self driving cars and infinity internet satellites so you won't be able to escape the Internet of Things slave world.

Oh he is pushing the "you will own nothing and you will be happy" future because for example Teslas have functions that they can just disable if you resell your vehicle.

I don't even remember him calling out that the US government requires "kill switches" in cars after 2026.

So yeah, he basically speculates on crypto using his retarded fans, then build a prison world for them. Very nice, because he may have played a video game once. /rant

Arcade101

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
arcade101.neocities.org
I think we should approach this change with caution. Musk has his own history of censorship regarding his own affairs:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Cobalt

Cairnkicker
Reaction score
Awards
This will be a rather off-topic post.

I remember when he used to be the god of reddit. And the media was sucking his dick so hard in the late Obama years. He was portrayed as this genius businessman etc. When he was born in wealth, basically got rich with paypal that basically spawned a horde of anti-human technocrats, then he pivoted to making money from the green economy scam, and going on goverment welfare with his space company.

Oh, also his grandfather was not only a card carrying Technocracy Inc. member, but he lead a national branch of it in Canada.
https://archive.ph/XYJXt (Washington Post)

Oh hey, the carbon credits! Muh expert worship etc.

In general I am not against rich people, but at least this demographic of tech and finance elites are practically trained to believe in all the same ideologies. He is practically pushing for digitization, the extremely restricted and traceable electric and self driving cars and infinity internet satellites so you won't be able to escape the Internet of Things slave world.

Oh he is pushing the "you will own nothing and you will be happy" future because for example Teslas have functions that they can just disable if you resell your vehicle.

I don't even remember him calling out that the US government requires "kill switches" in cars after 2026.

So yeah, he basically speculates on crypto using his retarded fans, then build a prison world for them. Very nice, because he may have played a video game once. /rant
Very well summed up fren. Him making the IOT inescapable is probably my biggest fear. That generally seems to be the trajectory humanity is on and people like him willingly bringing us closer boils my blood. I don't understand why so many otherwise smart people seem to like him so much.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Very well summed up fren. Him making the IOT inescapable is probably my biggest fear. That generally seems to be the trajectory humanity is on and people like him willingly bringing us closer boils my blood. I don't understand why so many otherwise smart people seem to like him so much.
Being smart doesn't equal being wise. Especially when it comes to the hordes of soulless STEM people who may have high IQ and can work in their field but their moral and philosophical compass are Marvel Movies. I will add that they have little-to-no actual curiosity. I will say that they are emotionally immature and thus take everything personally, so it's practically impossible to change their mind on anything when they are herd animals controlled by >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk upvotes.

Not to mention... because their credentials, social media feed and pay grade says they are smart, they can easily fall for scams and BS because they think they are immune to it.

If I disregard my rather insulting line of though I will just say, Elon Musk was marketed a lot as a smart man, and the media is always right. Am I right.

EvilEyesEvilLies

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
inb4 elon buys all of twitter just to fuck around with it because he's a bored billionaire with nothing to do.

Virtual Cafe Awards