Elon Musk purchases Twitter | Guess who's back? | Tactical Salt

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I think we should approach this change with caution. Musk has his own history of censorship regarding his own affairs:
Well, the only reason the rich buy media outlets if they want to control what is said. Is Twitter even turning a profit at this point or is it being kept afloat with stock market money because it's an useful social engineering tool?

GhostCow

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Torba had some interesting things to say on this subject today

Virtual Cafe Awards

doesthislookunsure

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Inflammatory content gets most visibility. Engagement (comments/quotes) are more important than the actual quality. A well thought out post on both sites usually goes unnoticed but the most retarded takes and trolls get all the attention because people like being mad.
I think outrage is literally part of Twitter's algorithm.

Every tweet I click on has the most braindead, smug, retarded take as the very first reply. Sometimes it filters only the same braindead user replying to multiple tweets like I follow them or something. It is as if they programmed an AI to show the most contrarian retort no matter how illogical it is.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I think outrage is literally part of Twitter's algorithm.

Every tweet I click on has the most braindead, smug, retarded take as the very first reply. Sometimes it filters only the same braindead user replying to multiple tweets like I follow them or something. It is as if they programmed an AI to show the most contrarian retort no matter how illogical it is.
I remember hearing about twitter closing people into "rooms" in one of the Dead Internet videos, where you are in this hurt box, always arguing and being outraged so you spend more time on the platform. I don't have a first hand evidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. The quality of online interaction has gone down massively since Twitter has become big.

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Elon Musk threatens to cut Twitter board members' salaries to $0 as his takeover bid morphs into a referendum on the company
Musk said that if he is able to acquire the company, he will cut board members' salaries to $0.

"Board salary will be $0 if my bid succeeds, so that's ~$3M/year saved right there," he wrote.

Musk's tweet about board members' salaries is yet another sign that his original bid to buy Twitter has transformed into a referendum on the company.
Jack Dorsey has also been venting his displeasure with the Twitter board lately, and even a few weeks ago he seemed to express his general dismay with his role in commercializing the internet in general.

Edit:
Florida Gov. DeSantis wants to hold Twitter's board and directors accountable for potentially injuring Florida's pension fund. Not sure if this can even amount to anything but I imagine this is to add pressure for the board to accept Elon's offer.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Shitposting is back on the menu boys!

View: https://youtu.be/jL691iRxFyI

Sadly Trump said he wouldn't go back to Twitter even if Musk buys it, choosing instead to stick to his shit Truth social app he never posts on.

The Verge quick to hand out Twitter suicide pills :drinkBleach:

the comments under his latest Twitter post are a shitshow

Elon always provides entertainment :CoolKong:
If you find some gems please share here. Can't wait to see the seething from those I hate follow through the Fritter client

Virtual Cafe Awards
Sadly Trump said he wouldn't go back to Twitter even if Musk buys it, choosing instead to stick to his shit Truth social app he never posts on.
Sad! But I'm not surprised really.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I dont have twitter, but I might get it now.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Capitalism is really effective at keeping things shit.
Man, capitalism has nothing to do with people playing favorites and intervening in conversations and arguments. Fuck off.

Virtual Cafe Awards