Elon Musk purchases Twitter | Guess who's back? | Tactical Salt

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
'Twitter exec trashing free speech & mocking people with Asperger's': Elon Musk retweets undercover vid of Twitter exec saying he can't take Tesla CEO 'seriously' due to his Asperger's diagnosis as he boasts about limiting free speech
Hot damn. PV has definitely done some deceptive editing in the past and I wouldn't put it past them to do it here, but I'm not really sure how you could walk this back. Dude really gave the game away, saying they specifically don't want free speech and that they're advancing an ideology. Mocking the special kid is just the icing on the cake.

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Musk is basically a con artist. Virtually all of his major projects have either been outright, physically impossible lies (Starlink, Hyperloop, point-to-point rockets, solar-city, robotaxis that generate money, etc), completely overblown and underdelivered (Tesla self driving, reusable rockets, vegas loop, Tesla battery technology) or has just been rebranded products from other people (LG supplied batteries, etc). He also has plenty of vaporware that never came to anything despite being promised for release years ago (Cybertruck, Neuralink, Mars mission, Tesla Semi, that weird robot thing with the dancing mime). All of his enterprises are bleeding money and not profitable, with the exception of SpaceX which largely makes money by overcharging the US government for services, something which has angered many of the top people at NASA who see it as overpriced garbage. The only successful project he was tangentially involved with was PayPal, which fired him immediately after buying out his company (their competitor), before they were really successful, so he had nothing to do with their actual success. Given this track record, I feel like this Twitter purchase is more of the same, either a pure pump and dump scheme, or a network he will largely do nothing with and let stagnate while he uses it's net worth to prop up his other enterprises, keeping the scam going. Since he has a history of not exactly supporting free speech, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
He is doing EXACTLY what I predicted

I told everyone this was a pump and dump scheme. He did EXACTLY the same thing with dogecoin.

He's going to run into "complications" and then cancel the deal. He will then sell his shares and make bank

Feels good being right

Deleted member 3373

Elon Musk is what I call a theoretical Capitalist. That is he makes his money off of promises for innovation that never comes. There's tonnes of these people these days. I still remember back in 2009 reading about a proposed set of contact lenses that could stream television directly into your eyes. It was a weird concept that was said to come out around well.... now. But here we are over ten years later and still no contact lenses with the ability to stream a television signal. It was an idea solely to be presented by the media. The news would have a frenzy and then nothing would be delivered. The only people making money out of a such an arrangement are the "salesman" and the journalists. Elon Musk is a person who has made all of his money off of exactly said schemes. He's an attention based Capitalist. He makes money despite providing no goods or services. Definitive proof that Capitalism no longer works as intended.

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Elon Musk is what I call a theoretical Capitalist. That is he makes his money off of promises for innovation that never comes.
That's normally called being a con artist.

Don't blame capitalism for this one. Con artists have existed since the dawn of time.

Instead, blame the media - they used to call out fraud, now they participate in it.

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
But here we are over ten years later and still no contact lenses with the ability to stream a television signal.
Thank god, the average peon can't even handle smart phones as it is, Twitter is a prime example. Could you imagine how much more crazy people would be if they had such a constant and visceral stream of propaganda?

Fuuuuck. It's such bullshit Twitter never had to disclose just how fabricated their site is.
As much as advise people not to join Twitter, I do hope that this at least caused a decent influx of opposition to the site's typical user base. Anything that makes those people seethe brings me joy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Thank god, the average peon can't even handle smart phones as it is, Twitter is a prime example. Could you imagine how much more crazy people would be if they had such a constant and visceral stream of propaganda?
They already have so much propaganda it has basically dissolved their brains. If this thing existed, we would literally be in World War Z by this point.

Fuuuuck. It's such bullshit Twitter never had to disclose just how fabricated their site is.
As much as advise people not to join Twitter, I do hope that this at least caused a decent influx of opposition to the site's typical user base. Anything that makes those people seethe brings me joy.
Yeah, I would have liked to see it too.

The silver lining is that the implications of this are utterly obvious to anyone paying attention - their refusal to release how much of their site is fake basically proves that a significant amount of it is fake.

Reaction score
Awards
I wonder if all the twitter users who left in protest will be returning despite the new information about how much of the site is robots
assuming they were real people themselves to begin with
do you think they care their posts aren't being looked at by humans?

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I wonder if all the twitter users who left in protest will be returning despite the new information about how much of the site is robots
They never left, they're addicted. It's like all the celebrities that said they'd move to Canada if Trump won in 2016.

do you think they care their posts aren't being looked at by humans?
It's mainly about just seeing their likes/retweets go up and being able to hold people/institutions ideologically hostage.

their refusal to release how much of their site is fake basically proves that a significant amount of it is fake
Indeed, I mean what other conclusion is their left to make? They handled that in such a sketchy manner. It gets really strange when you consider all the former feds and Obama staffers big tech has hired throughout the years. These guys get hired because they're considered the best of the best, yet we're supposed to believe they can't stop bots and artificially inflated content? LOL! Bullshit, it fucking glows, they want this because it both brings in more ad revenue and because they can use them to socially engineer the population.

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
They never left, they're addicted. It's like all the celebrities that said they'd move to Canada if Trump won in 2016.
This is an apt analogy and completely true. Conservatives have a history of "boycotting woke institutions!" by chucking tantrums, then quietly continuing to use them. Remember when everyone vowed to destroy their Nike's because they made a BLM shoe line? Look how that went for them.

It's mainly about just seeing their likes/retweets go up and being able to hold people/institutions ideologically hostage.
Correct.

The entire point of twitter is clout. It does not matter if that clout comes from real people or from bots.

In fact, I bet they could run a social experiment where they could get someone to use a social media which is entirely bots, and see if they continue to use the service. If they get constantly validation, I think they would do it, even if the users are fake.

Twitter runs on 2 rules:

1. If you're less popular than someone, and want to interact, you retweet their tweet.
2. If you're more popular than someone, you mention them.

Both of these give attention to you - if you're less popular, you can ride the popularity of their tweets, and if you're more popular, you can mention people below you to attract their fans to you.

It's a cesspool and nobody should use it.

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
I knew it.

Virtual Cafe Awards
This is an apt analogy and completely true. Conservatives have a history of "boycotting woke institutions!" by chucking tantrums, then quietly continuing to use them. Remember when everyone vowed to destroy their Nike's because they made a BLM shoe line? Look how that went for them.
modern conservatives are spineless and refuse to do anything if it doesn't directly affect them. "Get woke go broke" is the funniest thing I've heard in a while

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
modern conservatives are spineless and refuse to do anything if it doesn't directly affect them. "Get woke go broke" is the funniest thing I've heard in a while

Get Woke Go Broke definitely seems to be a thing, but not because of conservatives. Nobody has to go out of their way to actually boycott anything. Companies just keep hiring incompetent woke activists into prominent positions they aren't cut out for, and they end up making bad products and bad content, so people naturally don't buy it. It's not really a protest in any traditional sense, nobody is going out of their way to do anything differently than they normally would. I think that's why it's been so effective. People don't like Disney Star Wars because it sucks, not because of some concerted campaign to boycott it, for instance. This is why Star Wars is now in deep financial trouble for the first time in history, because they put incompetent hack fraud writers in charge (like JJ Abrams, who has never written a good story in his entire life) for largely activist or corporate reasons, and as a result nobody cares about Star Wars anymore.

Conservatives are absolutely spineless. RINOs are absolutely a major problem and it's the reason why the left basically has complete unchecked domination over politics in the US. Voting for Trump won't change anything either, since he still needs the support of the party to actually pass anything or get anything done. So I guess conservatives in America are basically fucked at this point.

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Get woke go broke is nearly impossible between the fed constantly printing money for these companies and huge investment firms like BlackRock actively rewarding the behavior or punishing companies for not adhering to woke ESG/DIE initiatives.

Conservatives have a history of "boycotting woke institutions!" by chucking tantrums, then quietly continuing to use them. Remember when everyone vowed to destroy their Nike's because they made a BLM shoe line? Look how that went for them.
Not to make excuses, but it's essentially impossible to boycott everything in the US that supported BLM. Companies that didn't donate to them or similar activist groups DNC lobbyists are the exception, not the majority. In some cases I've seen them hold firm (such as boycotting the NFL/MLB) but overall you're right. A lot of them tend to reverse course on their decision after whatever the reasoning for their boycott is fades from the headlines.

Conservatives, especially the older ones, don't realize that it doesn't matter if they boycott because the companies are actively replacing them with a younger/more global consumerbase. Out with the old with stingy wallets, in with the new consoomer paypigs essentially. With Star Wars, the fandom sticking around with the series now doesn't feel like the same fandom I remember growing up. It feels more like normies who fell for Disney's lifestyle brand marketing. The Star Wars fan of yesteryear may have been willing to shell out $100 bucks for a high quality model, but who cares about that disillusioned fan when you can have a couple of normies willing to spend three times that much on Funko Pops so long as you pander to their political leanings.

Not sure if the right has caught into the fact that these trends can't be changed internally or through legislation anytime soon. Whatever control they may have once had over these large corporations/cultural institutions has slipped and ideological dissent will not be accepted within. Call me a quitter but one of the reasons I ceased pursuing a career in academia is because I was getting sick of having to suppress my views on subjects for fears of being more or less black listed, I had no interest living out a professional career like this or feeding into the system to get by.

If the conservatives/right want to change course, then they need to leverage violence and intimidation over these institutions. They're already viewed as boogeymen in the US, might as well take it up as a badge of honor. These tactics helped BLM secure funding, cultural pandering, and legislative action after all. And the west fears negatively depicting the Prophet Mohammed on account of the extremist Charlie Hebdo attack, yet the same can not be said for the majority faith of Christianity, in fact it is encouraged if anything.

But they're either too lazy or too poorly organized at the moment. The left knows how to protest/riot, they know how to utilize their propganda networks in legacy media while the right is too busy with venting blind rage on digital spaces they don't even control. But it's not all doom and gloom for the right, I do think the pendulum is starting to swing back a bit. It's just a matter of how motivated they are to give it a much needed shove in the opposite direction.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
Did anything come of Elon acquiring Twitter? I don't pay much attention to twitter as context

Virtual Cafe Awards
Get woke go broke is nearly impossible between the fed constantly printing money for these companies and huge investment firms like BlackRock actively rewarding the behavior or punishing companies for not adhering to woke ESG/DIE initiatives.

Not to make excuses, but it's essentially impossible to boycott everything in the US that supported BLM. Companies that didn't donate to them or similar activist groups DNC lobbyists are the exception, not the majority. In some cases I've seen them hold firm (such as boycotting the NFL/MLB) but overall you're right. A lot of them tend to reverse course on their decision after whatever the reasoning for their boycott is fades from the headlines.

Conservatives, especially the older ones, don't realize that it doesn't matter if they boycott because the companies are actively replacing them with a younger/more global consumerbase. Out with the old with stingy wallets, in with the new consoomer paypigs essentially. With Star Wars, the fandom sticking around with the series now doesn't feel like the same fandom I remember growing up. It feels more like normies who fell for Disney's lifestyle brand marketing. The Star Wars fan of yesteryear may have been willing to shell out $100 bucks for a high quality model, but who cares about that disillusioned fan when you can have a couple of normies willing to spend three times that much on Funko Pops so long as you pander to their political leanings.

Not sure if the right has caught into the fact that these trends can't be changed internally or through legislation anytime soon. Whatever control they may have once had over these large corporations/cultural institutions has slipped and ideological dissent will not be accepted within. Call me a quitter but one of the reasons I ceased pursuing a career in academia is because I was getting sick of having to suppress my views on subjects for fears of being more or less black listed, I had no interest living out a professional career like this or feeding into the system to get by.

If the conservatives/right want to change course, then they need to leverage violence and intimidation over these institutions. They're already viewed as boogeymen in the US, might as well take it up as a badge of honor. These tactics helped BLM secure funding, cultural pandering, and legislative action after all. And the west fears negatively depicting the Prophet Mohammed on account of the extremist Charlie Hebdo attack, yet the same can not be said for the majority faith of Christianity, in fact it is encouraged if anything.

But they're either too lazy or too poorly organized at the moment. The left knows how to protest/riot, they know how to utilize their propganda networks in legacy media while the right is too busy with venting blind rage on digital spaces they don't even control. But it's not all doom and gloom for the right, I do think the pendulum is starting to swing back a bit. It's just a matter of how motivated they are to give it a much needed shove in the opposite direction.
If "the right" wants to change course they need to stop fellating capitalism. The backbone of the conservative movement is middle-class who want to become upper-class. They bitch and moan that the same happens to them as they'd do in their competitors' positions. And they complain about the erosion of cultural, familial, and religious ties, then go on to support the same forces that are causing that erosion, and are subsequently shocked when those values continue to erode. The cycle is going to continue and the right is going to remain incapable of anything more than random acts of violence that serve no purpose except to further disintegrate society, because if they ever figured out how to break this cycle they wouldn't be the right.

Take this post as an example. "We need to commit terrorism so that corporations don't say "black lives matter."" Yeah, that's totally going to work out great.

By the way, since you refer to liberals/Democrat voter types as "the left," you know they're all Reaganites, right?

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

M1083A1P2

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
If "the right" wants to change course they need to stop fellating capitalism. The backbone of the conservative movement is middle-class who want to become upper-class. They bitch and moan that the same happens to them as they'd do in their competitors' positions. And they complain about the erosion of cultural, familial, and religious ties, then go on to support the same forces that are causing that erosion, and are subsequently shocked when those values continue to erode. The cycle is going to continue and the right is going to remain incapable of anything more than random acts of violence that serve no purpose except to further disintegrate society, because if they ever figured out how to break this cycle they wouldn't be the right.

Take this post as an example. "We need to commit terrorism so that corporations don't say "black lives matter."" Yeah, that's totally going to work out great.

By the way, since you refer to liberals/Democrat voter types as "the left," you know they're all Reaganites, right?
100% correct. The right needs to ditch capitalism and the corporate state that has been fucking them over while they pay for it.

The biggest thing that the right needs to understand is that capitalists have no moral values or loyalty to anything but money. They will exploit and pretend to have rightwing values or loyalty to a country as long as it makes them money. Now that the market doesn't need them anymore they adapt to a new market and use the state to prevent competition and maintain monopoly.

The saddest part is the right is to blame for letting money into politics and letting rightwing judges pass citizens united.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Elon Musk is what I call a theoretical Capitalist. That is he makes his money off of promises for innovation that never comes. There's tonnes of these people these days. I still remember back in 2009 reading about a proposed set of contact lenses that could stream television directly into your eyes. It was a weird concept that was said to come out around well.... now. But here we are over ten years later and still no contact lenses with the ability to stream a television signal. It was an idea solely to be presented by the media. The news would have a frenzy and then nothing would be delivered. The only people making money out of a such an arrangement are the "salesman" and the journalists. Elon Musk is a person who has made all of his money off of exactly said schemes. He's an attention based Capitalist. He makes money despite providing no goods or services. Definitive proof that Capitalism no longer works as intended.
I'm legit happy the contact lens screens aren't possible and I'd fight to stop them if they were.

Sadly a lot of these pie in the sky dystopia inventions have turned out to be practical....

Virtual Cafe Awards