Elon Musk purchases Twitter | Guess who's back? | Tactical Salt

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
By the way, since you refer to liberals/Democrat voter types as "the left," you know they're all Reaganites, right?
They may be Reagnites economically, but socially they are no doubt the left.

If "the right" wants to change course they need to stop fellating capitalism. The backbone of the conservative movement is middle-class who want to become upper-class.
I get the feeling that the illusion of upwards class mobility is largely shattered for millenials/zoomers, regardless of political leaning. Aside from the crypto bros I know, most feel like even home ownership or living a cozy life like their parents is borderline unobtainable these days. But they're also well aware of things like Blackrock, so I'm not too sure what the prevailing attitude is among the less informed.

Take this post as an example. "We need to commit terrorism so that corporations don't say "black lives matter."" Yeah, that's totally going to work out great.
Considering domestic terrorism is what strong armed corpos/government/cultural institutions into going along with their agenda, is it really a stretch to assume the same tactics could work inversely? :uncleted:

The problem with this strategy, which corporations are slowly learning the hard way, is that normie paypigs don't stay with anything for long. They only have a finite amount of money and time, and more often than not, they don't care enough about a particular experience to invest in it, and prefer instead to move on once the novelty wears off. Star Wars is losing money specifically because the normie paypigs aren't really that interested. With most franchises, they replace a core, dedicated fanbase with general appeal to normies. But they are fickle and easily distracted by shiny trinkets, because that's all they care about, so any other company can easily sweep them away with some new gimmick. Meanwhile the original company is in trouble because they replaced their loyal core fans with people with open wallets who were only tangentially interested.

This is why Get Woke Go Broke is so effective. But it also doesn't exist. These companies aren't running into issues because they hired a feminist. At least not specifically. They are running into issues because in most cases they alienated their core fanbase and forced them out of their community (often, but not always, related to hiring some feminist who then fills the content with woke garbage rather than actual content, which drives away the fans who just wanted to see a continuation of the story), and their new fans aren't sticking around for long.

The same thing has been happening in gaming for years, long before the current wave of woke bullshit. EA has had many cases of "Get woke go broke" except no wokeness was involved. They didn't hire some SJW writer who filled the story with cringe or who attacked their core fanbase on twitter for being white. Instead, they had an endless push towards more accessibility and more mass appeal, which is why every game from around 2007 from every game series plays like a bad Call of Duty clone. It was the time for mass appeal. As a result, a lot of series (Dead Space, Crysis, Command and Conquer, etc etc) became unprofitable and then died. Fear is a good example of this phenomenon as well. I predict Ubisoft will be the next major company to discover this issue and be placed in an unwinnable position, followed by collapse. They used to have a dedicated, loyal fanbase. People loved the old Clancy games, they loved the original Far Cry, and Ubisoft has generally gone from beloved to extrmely mediocre. Even my complete normie housemate, just the other day in fact, was like "wow Ubisoft games really are all the same, there's so much other appealing stuff out there" and are thinking of not getting the next big ubisoft game. That should be terrifying for them, when normies are bored of their formula, because everyone else left them a long time ago.

Get Woke Go Broke is an accurate description of what happens, even if it technically is pointing to a symptom rather than the core issue.

My daily tip for you is this: If you ever find yourself in control of a large corporation, no doubt someone (probably from the board or a major shareholder) will approach you and tell you that you can double your earnings this year by appealing to the mainstream. They are correct, but you shouldn't take their advice, because if you do, your company won't exist in 5 years. You can get a little more now, or a lot more later. The fatal flaw with the corporate model is that they are inherently short sighted, and will make really stupid decisions that hurt them in the long term if it gives them a small influx of cash immediately. This is mostly driven by the quarterly earnings system that many companies operate off - and since a lot of directors are given personal bonuses (sometimes of millions of dollars) for making the quarterly numbers go up, they are directly incentivised to tank the company in the long term for a reward now, especially since they can just jump ship to a new company when their horrible short-sighted decisions inevitably destroy the company.
When you speak of video game devs dumbing their mechanics down for a normie audience and adding in woke content, I instantly think of what EA/DICE has done to the Battlefield series. And unfortunately that series might be dead after this most recent flop.

But then I look at Star Wars and they're just not slowing down with the output or correcting course much. Everyone I talk to knows that the franchise quality is in the gutter, yet here it is still getting new series, luxury hotels, and making money(?) That last part I'm not too sure on, Disney seems to be sketchy with disclosing financial losses.

My daily tip for you is this: If you ever find yourself in control of a large corporation, no doubt someone (probably from the board or a major shareholder) will approach you and tell you that you can double your earnings this year by appealing to the mainstream. They are correct, but you shouldn't take their advice, because if you do, your company won't exist in 5 years. You can get a little more now, or a lot more later.
If I put myself in the shoes of a high level corporate shill, but not necessarily the owner/founder, of course I would take the short term strategy. As soon as things start to tank I'd GTFO and leverage the short term success to hop onto another board elsewhere. "Under my leadership I increased sales by 25%!" I'd say at the interview, and then rinse and repeat. Parasitic I know, but a lot of these people are just in it for the money, not the artform, the company, or to deliver a quality product.

I take it the point that we are getting at is if "woke capitalism" is a direct result of the system itself or certain people within these companies pushing the woke stuff?

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Since Elon is dragging his feet, looks like Ye is set to acquire Parler. "Death com 3" inbound? :elonE:

You may remember Parler as the conservative Twitter clone that glowed brightly right before Jan 6th. It was subsequently shut down when Amazon web servers pulled service and was delisted from app stores as it gained momentum as a viable Twitter alternative and a potential refuge for @realDonaldTrump.

Strange times ahead where we may see the battle of Twitter-esque services be between Elon, Trump, and Ye.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
Since Elon is dragging his feet, looks like Ye is set to acquire Parler. "Death com 3" inbound? :elonE:

You may remember Parler as the conservative Twitter clone that glowed brightly right before Jan 6th. It was subsequently shut down when Amazon web servers pulled service and was delisted from app stores as it gained momentum as a viable Twitter alternative and a potential refuge for @realDonaldTrump.

Strange times ahead where we may see the battle of Twitter-esque services be between Elon, Trump, and Ye.
Apparently they just revealed the emails of their VIPs to each other: https://noagendasocial.com/@eriner/109185078978456880

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
is it possible that you might see US legislatures start to push laws to get these sites back under their narrative control? The social progressive's hold over social media is something they're not just going to let go of. It's worth noting that big tech has a lot of prominent ex-DNC staffers in the silicone valley as well.
Well here we go. Early talks of the Biden administration trying to block the deal because of "national security concerns," with the main objections bring Saudi/Chinese backed investors as well as Musk wanting the government (tax payers) to pick up the tab for Ukrainian starlink access.

Just remember, to the US government it doesn't matter if foreign investors buy up all the land and resources from under our feet and tank the quality of life for it's citizens in the process, but lord forbid they control the propaganda.

Again, if this deal actually gets done, expect regulations getting pushed onto the internet as a whole next.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
Well here we go. Early talks of the Biden administration trying to block the deal because of "national security concerns," with the main objections bring Saudi/Chinese backed investors as well as Musk wanting the government (tax payers) to pick up the tab for Ukrainian starlink access.

Just remember, to the US government it doesn't matter if foreign investors buy up all the land and resources from under our feet and tank the quality of life for it's citizens in the process, but lord forbid they control the propaganda.

Again, if this deal actually gets done, expect regulations getting pushed onto the internet as a whole next.
That makes zero sense (for par with this admin), the largest share holders are the royal Saudis and alleged Chinese billionares.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I'm sure Elon Musk is very excited to lose billions of dollars for a meme and definitely didn't try backpedaling by claiming Twitter had more bots than reported when Musk said getting rid of bots was one of his primary reasons for purchasing.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
1666944184004.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taikon777

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm sure Elon Musk is very excited to lose billions of dollars for a meme and definitely didn't try backpedaling by claiming Twitter had more bots than reported when Musk said getting rid of bots was one of his primary reasons for purchasing.
When rich people buy media companies, they do it for the influence. You turn your Federal Reserve notes into soft power to influce processes. Similar how Jeff Bezos purchased the Washington Post. I think at best he can use it as a bargaining chip when talking to other interest groups/billionaires.

You leverage your assets.