Elon Musk purchases Twitter | Guess who's back? | Tactical Salt

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
This is obviously not real, I think it's some celebrity covid thing. Will Ferrell's in it for fucks sake
The ability to just make shit up and spread it to hundreds of unquestioning individuals around the world is truly the greatest aspect of the internet.

Virtual Cafe Awards

thewhiterose

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I forget that radfem is now against far-left thinking, lmao. Things are changing so quickly these days.

Yeah, being a radfem in liberal spaces makes you enemy number 1. Many people enjoying the ability to send rape threats and ruin the lives of women using their liberal righteousness as a shield. "Punch a TERF" "Farm TERFS for breeding stock" "Knock a radfem's teeth out" is something very cool and loving and inclusive the libs are able to spout without any pushpack.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I've never been a consistent Twitter user, so much of this is of little to concern to me and I have thus not been following the details so far. Still, I decided to check the site just now to get a general idea of what's going on. Something I have noticed, which has yet to be brought up, though, is just how little the rest of the world cares about this. I follow mostly people on the Japanese side of the site, and as far as I've seen, not a single one has brought up anything about this ordeal. They either do not know, or do not care.

おはようございます~, people say every morning, just as they did before the purchase began. They also tweet a lot about what restaurants they've eaten at, or their thoughts on whichever video games they're playing at the moment. Meanwhile, nearly every single one of the English-speaking users I follow has, in the past 24 hours, posted about where to find them in case the site goes down, along with other occasional comments on the purchase. Despite what I've seen postulated by some before about some aspect of the Twitter economy which causes people to act more hostile, the 日本人 seem to be able to maintain an overall positive demeanor --In the circles I'm familiar with, at least, I'm sure you can find examples of the contrary-- and the drama which is so usually associated with twitter is rarely present.

Just thought that was interesting.

From what I can deduct from this along with the others replies down the down the line, this is what I meant by "apolitical people doing their own things or certain people having a regained sense of trust regardless of beliefs." The thing is that Japan is an entirely different culture from the west. So, it's not surprising that they're somewhat lucid to what's going on here or they just don't care. This is a problem with the west and it more so has to do with how social media deliberately designed to emotionally manipulate people. Something I'm sure, that everyone where is aware.

As I said before, this is the culture that Jackie wanted to cultivate along. It's a drug and the only way you can really starve this culture is to redesign the site from top to bottom. So, in this case remove the trending bar or have it be based on personal preferences. That way politics doesn't get all up in their faces.

And also, while I was typing this post up, someone on discord sent me this and I lol'd

View: https://twitter.com/damonimani/status/1593671342003462145?s=20&t=xJyTARNja4DtrI6PkpVYXA

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
From what I can deduct from this along with the others replies down the down the line, this is what I meant by "apolitical people doing their own things or certain people having a regained sense of trust regardless of beliefs." The thing is that Japan is an entirely different culture from the west. So, it's not surprising that they're somewhat lucid to what's going on here or they just don't care. This is a problem with the west and it more so has to do with how social media deliberately designed to emotionally manipulate people. Something I'm sure, that everyone where is aware.

As I said before, this is the culture that Jackie wanted to cultivate along. It's a drug and the only way you can really starve this culture is to redesign the site from top to bottom. So, in this case remove the trending bar or have it be based on personal preferences. That way politics doesn't get all up in their faces.

And also, while I was typing this post up, someone on discord sent me this and I lol'd

View: https://twitter.com/damonimani/status/1593671342003462145?s=20&t=xJyTARNja4DtrI6PkpVYXA

I wonder what ol' Jackie's gonna do now that Elon gave him the boot. Try again with another startup? Be absorbed into some different company? Try to take Twitter back? Just retire and live off his lavish wealth?

Virtual Cafe Awards
I wonder what ol' Jackie's gonna do now that Elon gave him the boot. Try again with another startup? Be absorbed into some different company? Try to take Twitter back? Just retire and live off his lavish wealth?

Attempt to appeal to the internet by saying he was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad boy for virtually making the internet a hellhole and society it with while wishing for forgiveness.

https://www.businessinsider.in/tech...d-that-he-regrets-it/articleshow/90619419.cms

Yeah, I'll forgive him... After his big ass manor is burnt to the ground.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
someone is actually doing this shit irl instead of posting on a video game forum or ircing with friends:

View:
View: https://twitter.com/joshuaphilll/status/1593432939127361542

>Masked up profile piccostanzayeahrightsmirk
Dude is desperately plugging his IG that has 5k followers compared to his 250k on Twitter. You just know this guy is sweating at the prospect of losing his unquestioned Twitter soapbox. He's also plugging his substack, which when it's all said and done will probably end up with less daily hits than the mid range Neocities sites do. In that regard it almost feels like nature is healing.

twitard @mo87mo87.png

Wanted to highlight this retweet by the guy in WALFTEAM's OP. So all of a sudden Twitter is akin to a "public utility" to these people now. But wait, up until recently I thought they said it was a private corporation that can do whatever it wants? And as a private corporation, these people passionately insisted that it is under no obligation to fairly enforce the rules regarding speech/expression? So, is this an example of disingenuous hypocrisy, or genuine retardation, you decide!

It's honestly a really funny position these Twitter twats are in. On the one hand they're so worried about any semblance of differing perspectives having a chance to be vocalized/popularized that they would rather nuke the site than allow that to happen, but they also don't want the site to go away because then their self righteous dopamine plug is pulled for good. So you get to enjoy watching this catch-22 panic attack amongst them play out everytime Elon does anything.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Virtual Cafe Awards
Damn, it seems americans had a cult of personality with trump.
Same with virtually 80% of latin america and their leaders.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Same with virtually 80% of latin america and their leaders.
Bruh, i don't know which kind of latin americans you have been talking to (probably chicanos lol), but we don't have a cult of personality with our leaders, the total opposite we hate them and make fun of them constantly, we blame them even for stuff they are not responsible of.
1668829319000.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Bruh, i don't know which kind of latin americans you have been talking to (probably chicanos lol), but we don't have a cult of personality with our leaders, the total opposite we hate them and make fun of them constantly, we blame them even for stuff they are not responsible of.
View attachment 44068

Stop.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I'm gonna let Louis Rossman take over on my behalf.
View attachment 44051
It's front page news in the MSM cause they legitimately think Twitter is actually important, when people who aren't bluetick chuds couldn't find two fucks to scrape together about it.

Similarly hope Trump doesn't get Twitter back, cause I was fucking sick of everyone constantly being like "omg did you see what trump twote on twitter???" because it was all the MSM was reporting (because they think twitter is important)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm gonna let Louis Rossman take over on my behalf.
View attachment 44051
Who would've guessed that the dude who got his start making Apple repair videos/criticisms would've ended up as one of the most based people on the entire internet. Certainly not me when I first came across him like a decade ago or whatever.

Virtual Cafe Awards