Eternal oblivion

レオタルドのフェティッシュ

Existence is but a diabolic deception
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mrwillhorlen.me
I thought of this back when I was a wee lad, before finding out it's an actual concept. Imagine that when you die, your consciousness ceases, and together every memory and experience. Most think it's gonna be like being in a blank void, but the truth is that without said consciousness, there won't be a sense of anything. Your ability to know relies on is rooted entirely in it. Many people do find it dreadful, and I can understand that, I won't even have to explain why. But to me I find it comforting, to go to a state in which no one and nothing can hurt you anymore, especially if you had greatly suffered. It's no even far-fetched to call it heaven. But that right there is the problem.

It's not as much as the notion itself but the implications of it. In the end everyone gets the same treatment, regardless of whatever they do. Had someone done something unforgivable there would be no divine judgment they receive punishment as great from. This is why I failed to become an atheist. I need to see the judgment day, I need to see the second coming, and I need to see the worst people corrected with ferocity no man can ever envision. I just can't live believing that.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know, tbh i think about the idea of quantum inmortality, the fact about in your own perspective you can't actually die because your consciousness transports to another universe in which you are fine and dandy, bro if someone gave me one cent for everytime i commited suicide, i didn't died and actually managed to survived, i would have 3 cents, but still the fact i have those 3 cents means i can't actually die in my perspective, if i had to die, it would be when the time actually comes, perhaps of old age, or in a nuke, anyways.

After that i think that when you finally reach your final hour, your soul would be transported to another body, in a rebirth process, is a different you, but the soul and your own consciouss remains as the same entity, repeating the process infinetely, i have no proof at all, but i have no doubt, i'm totally faithful to my believes, we are esentially and under certain technicisms, inmortals.

And if i'm wrong (thing that happens only 10% of the time, i will had to face an endless void of darkness without a consciousness, is still better than going to a religious hell tbh)

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
Many people do find it dreadful, and I can understand that, I won't even have to explain why. But to me I find it comforting, to go to a state in which no one and nothing can hurt you anymore, especially if you had greatly suffered. It's no even far-fetched to call it heaven. But that right there is the problem.

It's not as much as the notion itself but the implications of it. In the end everyone gets the same treatment, regardless of whatever they do. Had someone done something unforgivable there would be no divine judgment they receive punishment as great from.
i like the idea of a kind of "happy ending" for everybody, and i do find the whole lack of consciousness thing pretty comforting, but the whole concept of eternity still really bothers me. i wouldnt want anything for eternity, even if i thought it was something i liked. its kind of like when you talk about a billion dollars, or a eight billion people. sure, we have a vague, abstract idea of what a billion is in our head, but it is too much for our brains to actually try and grasp or even begin to understand the idea of a billion of a certain thing. this translates to the idea of eternity really well; i mean, sure, most people realize its something you do forever, but i think most people have never really thought about or are unwilling to actually try and comprehend the idea of anything eternal, regardless of whether they perceive it as "good" or "bad".

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
i like the idea of a kind of "happy ending" for everybody, and i do find the whole lack of consciousness thing pretty comforting, but the whole concept of eternity still really bothers me. i wouldnt want anything for eternit
An eternity on heaven, an eternity in hell, an eternity in the void, huh, i know everyone would get tired of the concept for all mere existence, a day to god is like 1000 years for us, is even hard to really understand what is exactly heaven for the human psyche, all our references we had is basically what the religions says, so i agreed, no one like the idea of "eternity" or at least, existing as the same individual for all eternity.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: eve
Reaction score
Awards
It is worth to mention that i was clinically dead once, were a few seconds, but basically being in that state is like being asleep but without a dream, i didn't actually managed to saw anything but darkness, i thought for a second i fainted in the clinic but that wasn't the case, so the idea of the after life is something of "wait and see" and cross fingers what we receive in the after life is something nice.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Scared
Reactions: eve