Extremely Bad News for Anime YT Itself: Japanese Company ShoPro figures out a way around Content ID and sued a small Anituber.

selfKaiHarness

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
https://nitter.net/SuedeBlade/status/1488708961398587392#m

This is bad. Really bad news for Anime youtube as a whole. I want to spread as much awareness to the critical issue as much as possible. Basically a Japanese company ShoPro has figured out a way around Content ID and sued a small Anituber 'SUEDE' for 80K yen and held 86 of his videos hostage. Even if he pays the fine, his videos are gone no matter what. This is a massive urgent issue that sparked the attention of a big anituber 'Mother's Basement' in a quote retweet.

Seriously, in a few months time if this wasn't made aware enough it would spell the end of Anime content on YT and would become lost media. I urge you to archive as much as you can before it's too late. Fortunately, the anime companies will lose a lot of revenue when this happens in the near future and destroy nearly their entire reputation when they do this.

But I want for you guys to spawn a massive archive plan to backup as many anime videos as possible. Make sure you got enough space to do this otherwise you'll miss your opportunity. This is a bad sign that things will get a lot worse for YT as a whole and may spark a lot of outrage from this.

What do you think about this news? Should you try to act accordingly to archive anime content before they disappear?
Let me know about this, okay?

Virtual Cafe Awards

selfKaiHarness

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I hate Corporations
I Hate Corporations.
View attachment 16761
Same here.
They act like the Yakuza in terms of enforcing their own Copyright laws in other countries.
What's worse is that power got into their heads so much that they found review/parody videos of their anime to be a severe insult to their eyes, so they try to block all of the anime content as they scream in all caps, 'NO FUN FOR YOU' while they try to ruin hundreds of livelihoods along the way.
If they don't quit doing that, they're going to lose 95% of their global revenue and reputation.
Pirating is going to skyrocket through the roof if this happens.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
https://nitter.net/SuedeBlade/status/1488708961398587392#m

This is bad. Really bad news for Anime youtube as a whole. I want to spread as much awareness to the critical issue as much as possible. Basically a Japanese company ShoPro has figured out a way around Content ID and sued a small Anituber 'SUEDE' for 80K yen and held 86 of his videos hostage. Even if he pays the fine, his videos are gone no matter what. This is a massive urgent issue that sparked the attention of a big anituber 'Mother's Basement' in a quote retweet.

Seriously, in a few months time if this wasn't made aware enough it would spell the end of Anime content on YT and would become lost media. I urge you to archive as much as you can before it's too late. Fortunately, the anime companies will lose a lot of revenue when this happens in the near future and destroy nearly their entire reputation when they do this.

But I want for you guys to spawn a massive archive plan to backup as many anime videos as possible. Make sure you got enough space to do this otherwise you'll miss your opportunity. This is a bad sign that things will get a lot worse for YT as a whole and may spark a lot of outrage from this.

What do you think about this news? Should you try to act accordingly to archive anime content before they disappear?
Let me know about this, okay?
Nintendo has been doing the same thing. I dont understand why these companies are so keen to just shoot themselves in the foot like this. My guess is that the social hierarchy structure in Japan makes it hard for younger people to question senior exec's and those in charge are very out of touch with their target audience, so their first instinct is to go after them with lawsuits instead of allowing these videos to draw in a new audience. It's pure ignorance and hopefully someone up top realizes this before it's too late and they lose the majority of their western audience

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Nintendo has been doing the same thing. I dont understand why these companies are so keen to just shoot themselves in the foot like this. My guess is that the social hierarchy structure in Japan makes it hard for younger people to question senior exec's and those in charge are very out of touch with their target audience, so their first instinct is to go after them with lawsuits instead of allowing these videos to draw in a new audience. It's pure ignorance and hopefully someone up top realizes this before it's too late and they lose the majority of their western audience
It's now time japan to change.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Japan should've been more westernized imo. No more kanji, only western Roman letters.

This might not be such a massive hole into their profit, but they definitely will lose a lot of free advertising. They don't do a good job of advertising anime in the west.

Lastly, this move shouldn't ruin livelihoods. If your livelihood consists of stealing copywriten content for money then you are going to be wrecked.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards