What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

Fantasy/Anime/Comic con experiences

Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Have you even been to a convention?
If so, what was it like?

I went to a moderately big anime-con a while ago. The theme was cyberpunk, so I dressed appropriately. There was a performance by Okinawan band High Tech Low Life, which was pretty dope. They deserved a bigger crowd.
Lastly I went to make some pics of my friends, only to be surprise-booped on the nose by a furry. Strange experience.

Tell me about your experiences at cons though. From the weird to the mundane, I'd love to hear them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Reaction score
Awards
I was part of my high school's anime club for a brief period of time. The very first meeting I went to was dedicated to organizing a group trip to the local anime con, and one of the club leaders went on a fifteen minute rant about how anyone who came along should expect constant sexual harassment and groping regardless of who they were or what they were wearing. She finished by encouraging people to come along despite this. It was really weird and made me not want to go, not because I thought she was telling the truth, but because I just didn't want to be around people like her. I don't think I missed out on much, but I kind of regret not going out of curiosity.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I was part of my high school's anime club for a brief period of time. The very first meeting I went to was dedicated to organizing a group trip to the local anime con, and one of the club leaders went on a fifteen minute rant about how anyone who came along should expect constant sexual harassment and groping regardless of who they were or what they were wearing. She finished by encouraging people to come along despite this. It was really weird and made me not want to go, not because I thought she was telling the truth, but because I just didn't want to be around people like her. I don't think I missed out on much, but I kind of regret not going out of curiosity.
Damn, that's kind of a weird experience to start out with. Warning of constant sexual harrasment is a bit much, and it would've scared off most rational people I think. Sadly there's still a lot of people like her in anime communities, so i do think you dodged a bullet there, lol

Virtual Cafe Awards