Fart Police: A Sociopolitical Analysis

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
The Amazing Fart Police, is a story which has probably touched us all in some way, whether we choose to admit it or not. This work truly gets down to the bowels of Gregory Heffley's magnificent genius, which he humbly displays within his work, which is really a commentary on industrialisation, the human condition, and according to some, police brutality.

1674711388816.png

The Fart Police perform a home invasion, arresting a man under suspicion of farting.
Panel One opens with the setting of the suburban home, a symbol of American dreams for all but the most cynical, who see it as representing the decadence of a hungry society. Note that Heffley chose not the slums, the ghetto, or any typically over-policed area, but the gentle suburbs.
Panel Two shows the Fart Police seemingly barging in without warrant. It's clear from the outset the Fart Police hold high privilege to perform their duties, unchallenged by the man on whether their entry is lawful, for he knows that it is. Further, we see that both of the policeman look the same. This will be important later.
In Panel Three, the man contests their decision to arrest him and claims it was his daughter. The reader wonders, what is the matter here? Was it his daughter or was it him? If it was him, does he seek to scapegoat his daughter to protect himself, or protect both of them by letting his daughter take the smaller juvenile punishment? Or was it truly his daughter, and this was his attempt to show the truth to the Fart Police? In any case by Panel Four, it is clear they do not buy his story, and the truth does not have a chance to get out to the reader. This whole story reveals the fundamental principle of the society in which they live, which is that the truth is not necessarily of importance to the average person --- i.e the reader --- but that to punish people is.

80s 1980s GIF

This might be their society.
In closing, this single work has succinctly expressed multiple important points about this world: the society as a whole is highly regimented and authoritarian, and the truth is not of importance. This was the simplest expression of the Heffleyan world, a concept popular in movies like Farenheit 451 and 1984, but in the hands of the original author is shown in the most distilled form, which by virtue of simplicity expresses the genius of the author.
It may be importinant for us to take a step back and analyse the Fart Police themselves before we get further.

1674712209407.png

The Fart Police going to spitroast your mother.
The Fart Police need little introduction, so I will not waste time on explaining away who they are, what they do, what they look like, or anything like that, it would be a waste of time to write about that, because we all already know that, and I don't need to write anything you already know; so instead of wasting this time, I will use this time to explore the role of the Fart Police, their meaning, and dive into precisely who they really are in the overall system.
They perform the policing of flatuence. Why flatuence, is particularly importance because though it is a disgusting and taboo action, we are all aware that every person at some point or other does this. It is a natural action, necessarily attached to human existence. Yet it is policed! But this is not so different from our own world where we find that society will police our own natural actions. For instance, it is natural for people to want to express to those they believe close to them how they feel, but the pressure of society forces them to bottle up instead, keeping everything to themselves. This is not natural, and of course by resisting what is meant to be natural, unhappiness follows.

1674712970522.png

Theodore J. Kaczynski, a university professor of philosophy specializing in Heffleyan Dialectics, wrote Industrial Society and its Consequences as
a complex analysis of Fart Police originally, but after the first draft had decided to imbue his own philosophies into it, but later denied Heffley's influence.

This inevitably makes one wonder about whether one could live in a society like this, where one could be arrested at any moment for the crimes of life's natural processes. However this idea is not foreign to Western society, as it much resembles the tribulations of living with the original sin of Adam and Eve, who had acted quite naturally within their power, as God had intended, to eat the forbidden fruit which granted them knowledge of themselves. So then, it is the same with the Fart Police, who know quite well that people fart, and they well intend them to. It could all well be likely that the Fart Police is the mere buruecratic tool of some higher shadow entity, with some motivation to bring these people to prison. It is all too likely that, the unnamed father in the first comic, was a known revolutionary whom the government wanted exterminated. By using the Fart Police, they do not need a sniper, they just need to wait for cheese to be on the dinner menu, which is significantly cheaper, but also leads to a less cospicuous 'removement'.

1674714183293.png

The unnamed man to this day remains one of the most recognizable symbols of the Black Lives Matter protests of 2012

I would like to wrap up this analysis by quickly touching upon a common academic misnomer that in his work, Heffley was mostly commenting on police profiling, and police brutality. This was such a popular view he was co-opted as a symbol of BLM. While this is a noble testament to the penetrating effect of Heffley's philosophy, it is quite important that we do not mistakenly claim that he specifically had BLM, even though it is worthy to see the way which Heffley's philosophy can work here. Nonetheless the unintentional effect of drawing more attention to Heffley's works has been interesting, even if much discourse is centered around topical issues.

1674715074496.png

Gregory Heffley, philosopher and writer

I was glad to have published my investigation one of the major works of the philosophy giant Heffley. Whilst some professors continue to argue the merits of Fart Police against his other works such as Creighton The Cretin and Jerome The Man With Incredibly Red Lips, there have been developments suggesting that Heffley was partially responsible for the highly acclaimed work Zoo Wee Mama which is accredited to Jefferson. There are certainly Heffley tendencies in the philosophy of Jefferson, but there is yet to be damning evidence of this. And frustratingly enough, there are still many professors who will claim he has had no impact, yet it remains true that we still talk about the works of Heffley alongside the greats such as Plato, Niztskche, Descartes, and Bacon.

1674715742920.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
I feel that the Fart Police was meant to show the ideal society according to Heffley. By blaming it on his daughter, the man showed himself to be a good-for-nothing scumbag. I mean, look at that wife beater he's wearing, a staple of bad dads worldwide. Judging by his daughter's lack of reaction to his arrest and his panic when the Fart Police enter, I bet the bastard was molesting his innocent daughter. God Bless the Fart Police.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: UCD

eve

Professional Loser
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
I would like to wrap up this analysis by quickly touching upon a common academic misnomer that in his work, Heffley was mostly commenting on police profiling, and police brutality. This was such a popular view he was co-opted as a symbol of BLM.
im not sure if this was intentional or not, but the character manny heffley was actually legitimately used as a sort of semi-ironic mascot for gen z supposedly "rising up" against the government lol
see : https://www.change.org/p/the-white-house-changing-the-american-flag-and-national-anthem
although it was mostly a joke, and nobody was actually expecting the american flag to change or anything, it continued to kind of blur the lines between irony and sincery XD
Video creator and influencer "Wahony" posted a video asking his followers to go on a very special secret mission. The goal was to fool the popular news source FOX News into believing that Gen Z wants to change the U.S. national flag and anthem. Of course, Wahony stated that he did not want to actually change the flag, but rather demonstrate how Gen Z can "rise up" and flex its power.

Wahony set up a petition that other teenagers could sign, saying that they would like to change the American flag to the "Manny Flag". He requested his viewers to send the petition in an email to FOX News claiming that Gen Z was planning to change the national flag. The idea was to expose that FOX News was not really a reputable news source and that Gen Z was more powerful than any institution.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
im not sure if this was intentional or not, but the character manny heffley was actually legitimately used as a sort of semi-ironic mascot for gen z supposedly "rising up" against the government lol
I actually forgot that, I was just scraping for stuff to throw into this shitpost.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • LOL
Reactions: eve

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
The Amazing Fart Police, is a story which has probably touched us all in some way, whether we choose to admit it or not. This work truly gets down to the bowels of Gregory Heffley's magnificent genius, which he humbly displays within his work, which is really a commentary on industrialisation, the human condition, and according to some, police brutality.

View attachment 50934
The Fart Police perform a home invasion, arresting a man under suspicion of farting.
Panel One opens with the setting of the suburban home, a symbol of American dreams for all but the most cynical, who see it as representing the decadence of a hungry society. Note that Heffley chose not the slums, the ghetto, or any typically over-policed area, but the gentle suburbs.
Panel Two shows the Fart Police seemingly barging in without warrant. It's clear from the outset the Fart Police hold high privilege to perform their duties, unchallenged by the man on whether their entry is lawful, for he knows that it is. Further, we see that both of the policeman look the same. This will be important later.
In Panel Three, the man contests their decision to arrest him and claims it was his daughter. The reader wonders, what is the matter here? Was it his daughter or was it him? If it was him, does he seek to scapegoat his daughter to protect himself, or protect both of them by letting his daughter take the smaller juvenile punishment? Or was it truly his daughter, and this was his attempt to show the truth to the Fart Police? In any case by Panel Four, it is clear they do not buy his story, and the truth does not have a chance to get out to the reader. This whole story reveals the fundamental principle of the society in which they live, which is that the truth is not necessarily of importance to the average person --- i.e the reader --- but that to punish people is.

80s 1980s GIF

This might be their society.
In closing, this single work has succinctly expressed multiple important points about this world: the society as a whole is highly regimented and authoritarian, and the truth is not of importance. This was the simplest expression of the Heffleyan world, a concept popular in movies like Farenheit 451 and 1984, but in the hands of the original author is shown in the most distilled form, which by virtue of simplicity expresses the genius of the author.
It may be importinant for us to take a step back and analyse the Fart Police themselves before we get further.

View attachment 50935
The Fart Police going to spitroast your mother.
The Fart Police need little introduction, so I will not waste time on explaining away who they are, what they do, what they look like, or anything like that, it would be a waste of time to write about that, because we all already know that, and I don't need to write anything you already know; so instead of wasting this time, I will use this time to explore the role of the Fart Police, their meaning, and dive into precisely who they really are in the overall system.
They perform the policing of flatuence. Why flatuence, is particularly importance because though it is a disgusting and taboo action, we are all aware that every person at some point or other does this. It is a natural action, necessarily attached to human existence. Yet it is policed! But this is not so different from our own world where we find that society will police our own natural actions. For instance, it is natural for people to want to express to those they believe close to them how they feel, but the pressure of society forces them to bottle up instead, keeping everything to themselves. This is not natural, and of course by resisting what is meant to be natural, unhappiness follows.

View attachment 50936
Theodore J. Kaczynski, a university professor of philosophy specializing in Heffleyan Dialectics, wrote Industrial Society and its Consequences as
a complex analysis of Fart Police originally, but after the first draft had decided to imbue his own philosophies into it, but later denied Heffley's influence.

This inevitably makes one wonder about whether one could live in a society like this, where one could be arrested at any moment for the crimes of life's natural processes. However this idea is not foreign to Western society, as it much resembles the tribulations of living with the original sin of Adam and Eve, who had acted quite naturally within their power, as God had intended, to eat the forbidden fruit which granted them knowledge of themselves. So then, it is the same with the Fart Police, who know quite well that people fart, and they well intend them to. It could all well be likely that the Fart Police is the mere buruecratic tool of some higher shadow entity, with some motivation to bring these people to prison. It is all too likely that, the unnamed father in the first comic, was a known revolutionary whom the government wanted exterminated. By using the Fart Police, they do not need a sniper, they just need to wait for cheese to be on the dinner menu, which is significantly cheaper, but also leads to a less cospicuous 'removement'.

View attachment 50938
The unnamed man to this day remains one of the most recognizable symbols of the Black Lives Matter protests of 2012

I would like to wrap up this analysis by quickly touching upon a common academic misnomer that in his work, Heffley was mostly commenting on police profiling, and police brutality. This was such a popular view he was co-opted as a symbol of BLM. While this is a noble testament to the penetrating effect of Heffley's philosophy, it is quite important that we do not mistakenly claim that he specifically had BLM, even though it is worthy to see the way which Heffley's philosophy can work here. Nonetheless the unintentional effect of drawing more attention to Heffley's works has been interesting, even if much discourse is centered around topical issues.

View attachment 50939
Gregory Heffley, philosopher and writer

I was glad to have published my investigation one of the major works of the philosophy giant Heffley. Whilst some professors continue to argue the merits of Fart Police against his other works such as Creighton The Cretin and Jerome The Man With Incredibly Red Lips, there have been developments suggesting that Heffley was partially responsible for the highly acclaimed work Zoo Wee Mama which is accredited to Jefferson. There are certainly Heffley tendencies in the philosophy of Jefferson, but there is yet to be damning evidence of this. And frustratingly enough, there are still many professors who will claim he has had no impact, yet it remains true that we still talk about the works of Heffley alongside the greats such as Plato, Niztskche, Descartes, and Bacon.

Girls dont fart?
Theyre worst than us, they have suppressor.

Virtual Cafe Awards
An utterly pedestrian analysis of this masterpiece, to not even consider the economic dimension reduces Heffley to a mere Sophist.
I was always stunned by this amazing work by the genius master Heffley. It feels distinctly post-modern in it's analysis - choosing the low-brow concept of farts to showcase the affects of neoliberalism on the police. See Fisher's concept of Market Stalinism - how businesses now focus more on the aesthetics of production/service than their "actual" economic role. See how the policeman arrest the man without evidence, without substance - only the aesthetic that they are fulfilling their roles of police officers matters here. Even when confronted with evidence that they may be arresting the wrong man - or rather the wrong person - as it may have been his daughter, they ignore it because "girls do not fart". I was astounded when I read this page, the agony on the face of the man, the callousness of these officers - the men trusted to uphold dignity and responsibility - and most of all in how it furthered Fisher's critique of capitalism. When confronted with the opportunity - and merely the opportunity - for the police to do their job and investigate, they do not - they actively choose the aesthetic (the idea that flatulence is a gendered occurrence) over the Real, showing how they are slaves of capitalist realism. It was shocking and horrifying, it made me want to cry.
Kafka, Orwell? No, the real author of authoritarianism is Heffley.
Overall, a distinctly Fregglian work, I must say.
And yet, what is to be done? Heffley's work is simple despair at the Capitalist Realism we find ourselves in and gives no clues of how to escape. Such pessimism is to be expected of one who - unbeknownst to all but his closet friends - suffered from the Cheese Touch much of his life, but it gives us no clues. When dealing with the crushing flatulence of neoliberalism, is a mere analysis enough, do we not need a map? In here, Heffley falters - when faced with this reality, is all we can do to throw our arms up in the air and cry out - "Zoo wee mama"?

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards