Favorite Paranormal/Conspiracy/Mysterious/X Subject?

• Thread starter mast
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 4503 times.

My interests probably skew a bit vanilla these days. I've always had an interests in mysterious disappearances and murders. Probably from being exposed to Unsolved Mysteries as a youngster. Aside from that I'm primarily interested in hauntings and cryptids.

How about you guys?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I was super into all the alien/UFO stuff on the Discovery Channel as a kid (late 90s/early 00s). I can't explain it, but despite how much I enjoyed these shows, I'd gradually start to fill with dread while watching them, especially if I was alone in the house, and I'd imagine that aliens were lurking outside my house and peering through the window, sometimes to the point of tears. It's not something I would worry about usually, just when watching those shows.

I watched a classic one as an adult a few years ago (something other than Ancient Aliens), and I got the same feeling--even though I was enjoying watching it, I was too petrified to get up off my couch, and I think I just slept in my living room.

Neither horror movies nor murderino shit (which I love) nor cryptid shows have ever done this to me--just alien shows.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I am mildly interested in cryptozoology, particularly in regards to prehistoric and possibly Genesis-era species. Also, deep sea stuff. It's all amazing, Space sucks and is also gay. Explore the oceans and see the true beauty of God's creative imagination.

Virtual Cafe Awards

reynad5150

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
My interests probably skew a bit vanilla these days. I've always had an interests in mysterious disappearances and murders. Probably from being exposed to Unsolved Mysteries as a youngster. Aside from that I'm primarily interested in hauntings and cryptids.

How about you guys?
I'm a total sucker of phenomenon, demonic and cryptid posts. Since I am deep innawoods often with the national guard, these fascinate me the most.

If I see one more gang stalking post I'm gonna an hero.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Bergelmir

One who roars like bears
Reaction score
Awards
I am quite thoroughly fond of cryptids though the dangerous or mysterious ones are most engaging to me. In large part because it's a battle royale of sorts or one can introduce a new thought to the world at large. Once I am able to I intend to go looking for some cryptids but a majority of them I want to research I would prefer to keep a car between them and I.

Virtual Cafe Awards
If you want a rabbit hole to truly convince you "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE" pick up a copy of Project Stargate, edited by Alex Balthazaar. Read through those documents & then start doing your own research on the psychic technologies described. That's one of the most productive entries into the paranormal.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

The Long Serpent

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Man-made disasters, folktales, mythology, etc.
I have a great interest in the occult but I have certain lines I will never cross.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
My current topic of intrigue is questioning whether or not if MKUltra truly ever ended. It was allegedly disbanded in 1973, but the CIA and possibly other cooperative elements destroyed all information and data pertaining to the true scope of the operation. For all intents and purposes, it may have never ended despite what they have stated publicly.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Crabbelly

Creator. Destroyer. Demigod.
Reaction score
Awards
The lost city of Atlantis. Technology is starting to become so advanced that I think we're heading that way again. Hopefully the dark forces won't end up destroying parts of the Earth and almost an entire civilisation like last time.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2362

Phantom time/New chronology hypothesis

What do you think of the phantom time theory?
The tl;dr version is
>Latin wasnt an organic language but an artificial one created to facilitate trade
>the Romans came from Dacia
>around 1000 AUC (Ad Urbus Condita) a great cataclysm happened, blotting out the sun and sending Europe into a period of turmoil. The lack of sun caused a famine. >Malnutrition from the famine facilitated a MASSIVE plague. The northmen, seeking to survive invaded Rome
>A small and heretofore uninfluential cult that had existed for 300 years and preached an impending apocalypse suddenly exploded in numbers as the people felt their gods had abandoned them. This cult then became the catholic church.

>There was one problem. The christians had been predicting that the apocalypse would come One Thousand years after Jesus' death. In the phantom time hypothesis, Jesus was born 753 AUC and the cataclysm happened in 1000 AUC, only 247 years after Jesus
Heres the big part
>In order to legitimize their prophecies, these catholics began to falsify history en masse to "correct" the timeline. They expanded 247 years of history into 1000 years by repeating the events they just witnessed, changing only the names. They expanded these events THREE times to become 1000 years. The dates of these newly expanded events were the third century AD, the 6th century AD, and the 9th century AD

>The crisis of the third century plus the barbarian invasion was also the wars of Justinian against the vandals, and the wars of Charlemagne and Alfred (who were regional roman governors of Gaul and Britannia) against the saxons and vikings

>The Plague of Cyprian was also the Plague of Justinian. I do not know if there was any great plague in the 9th century

>In reality according to phantom time hypothesis, 247 AD and 1000 AD are in fact the same year. Therefore we are actually living in the year 1268 AD or 2074 AUC

kultra

veteran n00b
Reaction score
Awards
Ok, I'll bite but don't tell me to take my meds. :BurgerTime:

J.E. Jacoby's Across the Night: Adventures in the Supernormal furthered my intrigue into said supernormal he writes about. The book itself is sort of a thesis on the validity of what is defined as "mysticism" across cultures and has some interesting experiences in between, notably at the beginning by a man who claims to have seen a hell of some kind, dead friends and relatives within and heard a devil in his bookshelf.
The conspiracy that all paranormal and cryptids (including extraterrestrial, e.g: aliens ala Whitley Striber) is this 'supernormal' work of what we typically refer to as demons, for no rhyme or reason than to add dissent or even alleviate boredom. That there is another dimension we can be vulnerable to depending on physical and emotional states.

Otherwise, internet stuff such as dead internet, conspiracies to divide nations via methods such as foreign or government agents larping anything from muh BLM and trans rights to right wing beliefs like muh 1950s and muh trad values (insincere or subliminal propaganda,) digitally distributed MKULTRA's to study population reaction, adaption, control and intelligence via companies involved with PRISM, etc.

It's whacky shit, but it's the whacky shit I'm most drawn to. For the record, I'm not a devout believer in any of this. I try to wade in it with a level of irony and bemused "what if". I like to write a bit of fiction on both subjects personally but it never seems to get finished.

Virtual Cafe Awards

CapnGreenGenes

Jack Ass of All Trades
Reaction score
Awards

How about you guys?
ive got family on unsolved mysteries, shits wild...i think the old series is better than the netflix reboot though

Virtual Cafe Awards