Favorite Protagonists/Playable Characters in Videogames

Reaction score
Awards
As you read in the title, it's inspired by the waifus thread, the difference is this is a thread dedicated to your favorite protagonists/playable characters in videogames, it can be anything and anyone, and the reasons can be anything, is it well written, you relate to them, is aesthetic, you follow their point of view, or simply because is a chool character, i'll start with my top 10 list (no particular order)

Max Payne (Max Payne)
1667850275962.png

V (Cyberpunk 2077)
CD Projekt Red Officially Apologizes for 'Cyberpunk 2077' Bugs and Glitches

JC Denton (Deus Ex)
1667850483376.png

Solid Snake (Metal Gear)
Image - 897761] | Metal Gear | Know Your Meme

Reisen (Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom)
1667850750938.png

Pimpmander Shepard.
my stuff video games my stuff: gifs mass effect tali'zorah commander  shepard mass effect 3 piratewars | Mass effect tali, Mass effect, Mass  effect art

Barney Calhoun (Half-Life)
Adrian Shephard did nothing wrong — Barney: You guys coming? Alyx: Go on,  Barney!...

Tommy Vercetti (GTA Vice City)
Tommy Vercetti Gta Vice City GIF - Tommy Vercetti Gta Vice City Grand Theft  Auto - Discover & Share GIFs

John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)
Pin on Red Dead Redemption

The Choosen One (Fallout 2)
1667851267031.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

2bitDeparture

cnNzIGx1cmtlcgo=
Reaction score
Awards
Corvo was probably the first character I played as that hit that mark. One of the few games where when playing, I felt like I was the protagonist, instead of just controlling them.
corvo.jpg

Another character I really liked playing as was 2b, but specifically when using this Type-40 Lance and its unbelievably OP counter to halt near fatal attacks of enemies ~40 levels higher than me like it was nothing. I've yet to play another game thats given me that level of satisfaction.
Type-4O_Lance.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

boywifefailure

eternally tired
Reaction score
Awards
I am nothing if not predictable, but Serph will always be one of my favorite video game protagonists. I could write a whole essay on DDS and it still wouldn't sum up all the thoughts I have on this game. He's a cool protagonist, and despite being silent he still manages to be a compelling character. Honestly, the entire playable cast of DDS is great, and the novels are such a delight to read.
serphvarna.png

Other video game protags/playable characters I really like:
-James from Silent Hill 2. There was a post I read a while ago that I felt summed up my thoughts on him pretty well. Scrolled for a good 10 minutes to find it again but basically, even though the lack of expressiveness from him was likely because of technical constraints, it still made him much more believable than if he were to be overtly scared or frowning. That feeling that he's just stumbling around, not fully comprehending what's happening, it felt relatable in a way. I feel that the technical constraints of the ps2 are really part of what ended up SH2 such an enjoyable experience.
-Gris (the protag of, well, Gris). That game was so beautiful aesthetically, and so calming. Her silhouette is really simple, but it pops against the backdrop of the game, and I love a good flowy dress.
-meme mention but Raiden, just in general. I always liked how intentionally androgynous his design was, and I enjoy child soldier backstories.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
the ones I create myself in RPGs

Virtual Cafe Awards